I have 3 cats and they drop lots of hair. My other vacs were hard to push around and used bags. I find the dirt cup to be easy especially since I can see it fill up and know to stop and dump. The level settings are easy too ,,from floor to thick carpet. The suction with the hose attachment really works well too. I have had this Bissel for almost 3 years. I wash the filters in the sink. There has been no problem this whole time. I don't vacuum every day; just about once a week.
I alittle worried about geting this vacuum, due to it being refurbished and the price due to it. A part was missing when I got it and they gave a credit for the part missing. This was a wise thing for me to do.I love these vacuum.I have had alot of others too. It get everything up and I mean everything. So make you have everything you don't want to be taken up. Now I don't have to vacuum every day like I use too. It does a great job getting all the dog hair up too. I am very happy . Plus if something does happen I got the warrarty for a replacement free. So you really can't go wrong. I found out that my rugs and floor were more dirty then I knew. For how many time I had to empty. So if you do need a vauum this is it for you.
The vacuum worked fine for a couple of months. Of course I had to replace one of the filters. After a while it began to make a loud sound and get clogged. I purchased a warranty, but could not get a replacement. I was given a credit in which I used.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality was good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description was fine.
After taking this out of the box and putting it together, I decided to try it out on my living room area rug. With one small dog, no kids, and what i thought was a previously functioning vaccuum, if figured how bad could it be.... I was soo wrong! The vaccuum's dirt tank had to be emptied immediatly following 2 small area rugs! It picked up a ton of dog hair that i didnt even realize was there! Great vaccuum at a great price!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact
I could not believe how dirty my carpet was!! This machine really picked up not only ALL the dog hair (we have 3 dogs) but it picked up a TON of dirt. We also have horses so you can imagine all the "stuff" that gets drug in the house even though we remove our shoes at the door. It does make a "whistling" noise and even though it is "refurbished" it had quite a few scratches on it that is why I gave it 3 stars for appearance. I'll take it in to get the whistling noise looked at. Be sure to purchase the extra warranty especially if you are like me and use it ALOT. Like others said it is heavy but the "self propel" helps.
We purchased a second home in another state. House was only one year old, but owner had a dog with a doggy door to the outside. We put the few pieces together and started to work. Wow, the dirt and hair just kept coming up. Did a marvelous job! An aunt and uncle were visiting and could not believe how this machine worked! Very pleased!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It was exactly as shown.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent! Never had a Bissell, but we'll buy another!!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Same
This is the 3rd refurbished product from here and I have been very pleased with all the products I have bought.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It was the same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I'm so pleased wth the produce
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very
The suction on this vacuum is really great. I use it for a beach cottage and it pulls the sand right out of the carpet...it looked like half the beach was there. I emptied the cup when it was half full because the sand and grit is so heavy, but the vacuum never faltered. I have used it only twice, and so far I am happy with it. I can tell more once it is used more frequently.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? As described
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Seems to work well so far. Have used it twice.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate description.
I ordered this as an extra for upstairs. It works incredibly well. I have two ******* and I think that this Bissell picks up just as well as both of them. It's really easy to empty and it is extra wide. I gave it four stars because of how heavy it is to operate. It doesn't maneuver well, it is very cumbersome to use. I'm probably spoiled with the ******* maneuverability because I have had it for 5 years. But it is still extremely heavy. My 12 year old can't use it and my mom wouldn't be able to either.
Have never bought a reconditioned product before. VERY pleased. Vacuum works wonders. It does pick up all pet hair, dander and dust. I was shocked on how poorly my other vacuum preformed. My house has no pet odors because this product does such a great job. I do empty the collector after each room to insure great cleaning. The first week I vacuumed every day because I continued to fill the vacuum. I have two in side dogs so pet fur is a continuing problem but with this vacuum I feel that the floors are cleaner then ever. I would recommend this unit, even reconditioned, to friends and family especially if they have pets. I have two great grand babies crawling and playing on floor daily and now feel confident they are playing on clean floors and carpeted areas.
Online it sounded wonderful. I have dogs and a vacuum cleaner geared to pet hair removal was exactly what I was looking for. In reality...it plugs up. Repeatedly. So I can use it...but I also have to take it apart and unplug it repeatedly.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? OK
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Theoretically...good. In practice? Plugs up over and over and over and over and....
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? OK
I was a little apprehensive about getting a refurbished vacuum, but my hesitation was proven to be uncalled for. It has been a great vacuum and works really well. I'm very happy with the purchase and the quality. My room mate and I both have medium sized dogs who shed a decent amount and this vacuum picks up all the hair without a problem. It has a great and easy canister to empty all of the stuff it picks up and makes for an easy clean up. I'm really happy about this purchase and would definitely recommend it.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The vacuum is of pretty good quality. Mine was refurbished, but overall very good.
I bought one of these new about 5-6 years ago. It is amazing at cleaning up the pet hair from my two long-haired Persian cats. My only complaint (and why I did not give 5 stars) is the bearings on the beater bar wear out and the bar needs to be replaced. A relatively easy DIY job for around $25. I've had to do it twice, but like this cleaner so much, I felt it was worth it rather than risk buying something else. I stumbled on this deal trying to help out my girlfriend who needs a new vacuum to clean up after her 3 long-haired cats (no, it's not a birthday or valentine's present LOL)
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? OK
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very good