When I ordered this I read the few negative reviews and decided to get it anyhow. Boy am I sure glad I did. My Bissell works beyond my expectations! From the dog and his messes, to the grandkids spilling drinks, this cleaner removes all of it. The handy upholstery tool makes short work of stairs and has excellent suction. Don't listen to the naysayers...if your looking for a good all around carpet cleaner, buy this product!!!!! And it came with a large bottle of solution, which cleaned all the carpets in my house.
I bought a refurbished steamer cleaner and i was so amazed as i cleaned three large area carpets and my sofa and my love seat all in one afternoon. i was not hard at all i even let my 11 year old son clean too. the out come was wonderful!! my rescue animals from the Kentucky Ice storm had urine all over my carpets and furniture, i have since adopted most of them out, but still am rescuing many animals but this cleaner did the job more than adequate.
I got this because when our dog comes inside his feet are sometimes dirty and track in dirt, also being in a rental house with nice carpet we wanted to keep the carpet nice on a regular basis. Cleaned up several dirtly places and even some muddy shoe prints on the carpet. Also was good at pulling up dog hair, even after I had vacuumed well with a regular vacuum. The cleaning soap goes in easily and the water container is simple enough to use. Will be very easy to just pull out and use for small jobs and also for cleaning the whole house. It did take a while for it to dry. Item shipped in the manufacture's box, so be careful if it is a present or secret. I would highly recommend this product.
I've been looking at carpet cleaners for some time and after having my carpets cleaned by "professionals" a few times, I didn't have high expectations for what these could do, because even they couldn't get everything out. But I figured it had to provide some cleaning results that would at least be better than how my carpets currently looked. So I bought it and surprisingly it took out stains that I didn't think were possible. It's easy to use, not very heaving to move up and downstairs and easy to clean up when finished. Plus the carpets don't stay too damp for very long. I was happy with the results of my carpets!
Overall, this is a very good machine. It really pulls out the dirt from carpets and furniture. It's Easy to assemble, not too noisy and is smartly designed. The model I ordered was blue, but the machine OS sent me is red. The color is not a big deal for me, but may be for some people. It does a great job.
The only reason I don't give this 5 stars is that cord needs to be a little longer, another ten feet would have been perfect. Tank has to be emptied a couple times per room, but this a big improvement over our old Bissell rug cleaner. Our carpets look great again. Easy to use. Be prepared to rinse, leaves a lot of soap residue. Once rinsed the carpets stay nice and clean.
I have purchased three refurbished items from Overstock.com and everyone has performed above and beyond expectations. Itis so nice to go to a place to shop where you find the best deals for the customers and the highest quality
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? it was fine
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I wanted a larger carpet cleaner that could also clean furniture. This works out just fine
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? the same
It is a wonderful product it is a refurbished but you can tell it was never used. My son told me it is ok to buy refurbished beause he has and you pay less but the product is very good I cleaned furniture, carpets and it even came with a wand which I was told did not have one. And it cleans because I see the dirty water after and it also sucks up dog hair that the vacumn did not do not regret purhasing this refurbished product. Bissell is the only carpet shampooer that I trust to get the carpet clean
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? no because it is red not green
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
I would never guess this was a refurbished Power Steamer. It looked very new to me and works well. I've had it for over a year and used it many times. It picks up cat hair very well. The shampoo you use makes the biggest difference because the machine does everything it is supposed to. The water is always very dark after cleaning and the moving bristles toss out the lint that rollers pick up. It was a very good buy at half the price of new ones.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? n/a
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
We ran the machine over our entire first floor about 5 hours. Did a great job of cleaning a lot of bad carpet!! Hoping that it lasts a good long time!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Turned out to be Red - -go figure. Color didn't matter to us.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. First time that we order a refurbished item on line but we have a strong faith in Overstock to back up what they sell.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good except for the color thing.
I loved the way this machine worked however, it broke after an hour. I called Overstock and they replaced it free of charge and sent me the retun label within minutes. I am happy to say I am very pleased with the new machine we got and it is still working!!!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? mine was red not green
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. the machine worked amazing for about an hour than broke. We have a new one now
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? right on
used twice and worked very well both times and was very easy to put together
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? actual
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. cleans very well also get most of the water back out so dries very quick
I have used the power steamer 4 times now on Berber and low pile rug and I believe this rug cleaner does a better job than Stanley Steemer. The rug is very dry after the cleaning. Easy to set up, use, and store. I am very pleased with the performance of this rug cleaner
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Excellent
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent results.... have used on Berber and low pile.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Right on
The amount of cleaning solution that arrives with the product wasn't enough to do one room, though a small portion of the carpet it went to work on seems to be okay after-the-fact. Also the instructions for assembly and use are a mess, needlessly confusing. Additionally the item as described isn't precisely what I ordered though it does say somewhere on the box or in the paperwork that the color varies. My computer shows "teal" but what I received was dark gray. It's not like it's a display item, but it's indicative of the product in general.
I had to call because I was confused that it did not spray. A not too apparent detergent tank on the front separate from the water tank had to be fill with detergent only. Once they told me about that the amount of filth that it has been removing from my carpet is very nice, I had no idea my carpet had that much black stuff in it. After several cleanings I have yet to get to clear water, but I am working on it.Is much quieter than previous units I have owned. Only problem is that I cannot seem to get the upolstery brust to stay on like it is supposed to. Wish I could remove it entirely, but I can live with it considering the tremendous job it does of quietely removing so much dirt!