took a while to assemble and if you look closely enough it does look self-assembled, but it is a beautiful unusual piece and just the right size for 2 people. The background color is whiter than the picture looks. Makes for a very dramatic contrast which I love but might make it hard to match with other furniture.
This is a beautiful piece of furniture, wonderfully constructed and perfect in every way. I love it. It's a firm seater so if you want something cushy you may not want this, but the firmness is part of its styling. Not hard, just firm. The material is beautiful with a black velvet floral pattern. I am so happy I bought it and Overstock has been great to shop.
I had been coveting this settee for over a year before I committed to buy it - it is unique and super cool. It is perfect for my room and looks amazing in it. That being said - I thought that my husband was going to throw it out the window in an attempt to assemble it. If you think that Swedish do-it-yourself furniture gives you a headache - imagine what even cheaper Chinese-made furniture kits could do to your blood pressure. It takes tiny contorted fingers to work the allen wrench at angles that no sane person would ever think of. It was not something that I could have done on my own. My husband finally got it after much cursing and muttering to himself. If it weren't so awesome looking I would have packed it back in that enormous box and sent it back. Looks - yes; quality - no.
I think this chair is absolutely stunning! I think it was a little pricey being you still had to screw it together but I love it!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It's not pure white. It is more ivory and black.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It was a little difficult to assemble but seems like a solid chair.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
I love this piece. It's absolutely beautiful! I wish the made a matching chairs.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Looked a little greyish in the picture to me, but it's more of a cream. I was prepared for this, since I read the reviews beforehand.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Strong, sturdy piece of furniture.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very close
Putting the couch together wasn't difficult but the pre drilled holes were a little resistant at times. Know that this is a made in chine product. However, once assembled, it is beautiful and looks classy and expensive.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality (but made in china)
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
I absolutely love this - I am considering purchasing a 2nd one.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It is as the other reviews say...it is cream with black
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I love it - its firm but not hard, its perfect for a bedroom or formal sitting area
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? yes
It was very easy to put together. i am not sure why other reviews says it is hard. I am not a handy man either. If this is an issue then don't worry about it. It is cream and black not white and black. looks different and good for small space. not sure if i call it rich looking but definitely not cheap looking either :).
This Setee is simply stunning. It is not a stark white, but closer to an off-white. It is sturdy and doesn't feel like something you assembled on your own. The fabric feels like it will be durable also, good quality, not thin. I gave it four stars rather than five as the assembly was not as easy as I had hoped. It comes in four pieces, but the holes on one of the arms did not line up properly so that added 30 mins on to a 20 min job. Also, the back is a little hard to connect to the arms as the space to work in is quite small - not sure if a man could fit his hands in that spot. If we hadn't encountered that one issue assembly would have been a snap.
The picture for this settee looks like black and gray when it's really black and cream, which was still fine for me. This is a BEAUTIFUL piece of furniture and it really adds some liveliness and a touch of class to my living room. The black floral design has a velvet feel to it, but not too cheesy. It took a little while for me to figure out how to put the back piece in, as the screws are inside the cushion's back flaps. This piece is definitely worth the money. Not to mention, I saw it listed on another website for twice as much as it is here on Overstock. If you're straddling the fence about this piece, jump already and go for it! You'll thank yourself for it
If you are planning on spending a lot of time sitting in this settee, then this piece probably isn't for you. But, if you are looking for a settee that is less for daily sitting and more as a centerpiece or highlight for a room, you can't do much better for this price. I get a ton of compliments on this settee, and it looks amazing in my living room. Construction isn't too bad. A bit difficult to completely screw in the screws for the back piece, but other than that pretty easy. Also, it looks well-constructed and sturdy.