I love our new dining set. Assembly was easy with adequate directions and all pieces and hardware were included. Price was great in comparison to other places we looked at.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect color match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate description of merchandise
We liked the set. However, various parts (table legs, chair backs, seat cushions) had flaws. Even the replacement piecies had flaws. Overstock was very good in finding replacement parts at no cost, but it took about 5-6 weeks to get enough replacements pieces to complete an exceptable set. Manufacturer quality control seemed to be missing, even though QC tags were on the pieces. Very poor instructions for assembly. Didn't realize that chairs had to be assembled. Took about 1+ hours to assemble first chair. Once I put a couple together, the time was reduced to about 15 minutes per chair. No written instructions accompanied the set, only small pictures on a single 8X10 page.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? matched well
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Not up to expectations. Took three reorders of various parts to get an acceptable set.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description was accurate
This is a nice looking dining set. Overall, the quality is okay. Not sure it would stand up to daily use.(I put it in the dining room where it will only get occasional use.) It was not terribly difficult to put together (took about 1-1/2 hours) but some of the joints did not fit together perfectly. For instance, there are gaps in the rail that connect the front leg to the back leg even after tightening. I would expect a tighter fit - I hope they don't break and cause the chair to collapse. The color is accurate overall - dark brown BUT the color is not uniform. Some parts are slightly lighter or darker, some parts have a slightly green or red tint. Not terribly noticeable once it's all put together so it's okay. Certainly not enough to send the whole thing back. The fabric on the chairs is ugly and really makes the whole thing look rather cheap but I will certainly be changing that as soon as possible. I wish I'd though of that in advance and done it before assembling the chairs. This set seats 6 people - DON'T expect to add one or two more chairs to seat 7 or 8 as i's barely big enough for six. Overall, I think this set is fine for a rather informal/casual dining room where it's not going to get a lot of heavy use. It's a good value for the price.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate overall
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good, not great.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate