Was excited to give this to my son as a gift. He loves rice and neither nor I ever get it right. First time we used it, we followed all directions and BEHOLD, the rice burned. Not happy, and haven't used it since.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. seemed okay until I used it.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? fair
cooks rice ok but for some reason i have to re cook rice due to rice not fully cooking the first time, but then you have to watch it because it will burn. had a rice cooker in the past that fully cooked rice the first time . its also very large. thought it would be smaller . good for a family of 4 or 5. not for one or 2.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
It would be helpful to see the water lines for smaller amounts. For quantities over 4 cups its great
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? matched just fune
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. quality is great for the purpose it serves
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? it seems a little bigger than anticipated.
My husband ordered this rice cooker for me for Christmas 2011. I was very excited, because my old rice cooker of many years had died. The first night I used the cooker, I was disappointed because it seemed to spatter rice water out all over the counter; made a huge mess. The second time I used the cooker, I cooked less rice and it didn't spatter at all. The third time I used the cooker, it wouldn't heat up at all. The cook light did not light up, it didn't get hot at all. We spent $** on this rice cooker and got 2 uses out of it. Very disappointing; I would not buy this brand again. I will go back to my old rice cooker brand.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Fine
Upgraded from a smaller one. I did not notice in the original decryption that it came with a nonstick liner. I am glad it came with that. I have not used the steamer part yet and most likely will not. I love the size and ease of use. Thank you overstock.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
I would love to write a review, however I cannot due to the fact that I haven't received the product. I checked the tracking number of the shipment and it stated that the product was "left at the front door". This was October 4,2011. Sadly, the rice cooker was not at the front door. I'm in the process of trying to contact the shipping company but I'm having some difficulty with that at the present time. I just thought you might like to know. Thank you.......Michel Chiasson
The rice cooker/steamer seemed a little cheaper than I was expecting. It also arrived dented, which was disappointing as it was a gift. Luckily we were able to get the dent pretty much out, because the metal is so thin... I like the steamer functionality.
I love my new rice cooker, it makes my job so much easier. My only complaint is the directions are horrible and I have been trying to figure out the best times and amounts to cook the perfect rice. If you can get past horrible directions it is a great value.
I was looking for a cooker so as not to use too many pots and pans - and this is it!! Steams rice and veggies beautifully, use a wok for stir fry meat and steamed veggies - dinner is ready! Great for couple on the run who want healthy, quick no fuss meals! Wish I'd gotten one long ago.
I have to say that my husband and I really love this product. I can start my rice and veggies while I cook my meat and by the time my meat is done cooking so is everything else. The veggies taste so much better steamed. I recommend this product for anyone who loves rice and wants fast easy meals.