I purchased this chest for my guestroom and it looks very nice. I actually just ordered a second one for the other side of the bed. There were several dings in the finish, but most were in places that were not too obvious. It seemed to be going together easily until we started putting on the drawer fronts. It was very difficult to adjust them if they did not look straight. I would recommend measuring the edge of the drawer front to the edge of the drawer, trying to make all sides equal before tightening the screws. The drawers are pretty shallow and not very big, front to back. I'm not sure how well the drawers would hold up to daily use. But overall, I really like the look and the size for my small guestroom.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. average quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? excellent
When I opened the box, I was dismayed at the number of pieces and worried that the quality wouldn't be what I wanted. Some of the components looked rather flimsy. Assembly took over an hour but all the pieces fit well and the instructions were clear. After putting it all together I was very pleased with the end result.The lined top drawer is a nice touch. It ends up looking like a much more expensive piece. I actually ordered another for the other side of my bed.
I was a little unsure about ordering this from some of the other reviews, but I'm very happy with it. The only parts that aren't solid wood is the drawer bottom and a decorative and attractive panel that goes on the back (which covers up a piece of solid wood so it's very sturdy). This is solid and stylish. The finish is a nice dark color. The drawer front is adjustable so you can be sure it lines up perfectly. The only problem I encountered is that one hole was missing, so I just used my drill to make one. It was there on the other side, kinda weird but no big deal at all. Assembly was easy and the instructions were clear. They even included extra parts just in case. I hate laminate furniture, so getting a piece of solid wood furniture at this price is a real steal. I am thrilled I took the chance!
Assembly was very straightforward. Instructions were well written and easy to follow. Nice, sturdy piece of furniture. Better than I had anticipated.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? No surprises
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. High quality fit and finish.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate description
This chest is not worth $$$$. It is a made of plywood and cheap construction. The expresso color is blotchy. The drawers do not line up. The bottom of the drawers are cardboard. I did not return it because it is a lot of work to take it apart, repack and send back.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It is expresso but the finish is blotchy and uneven in places
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It is made of plywood, very cheap construction
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Fair
I absolutely love this chest. The style, the color. Had a problem with one of the pieces, it was cracked, but called the customer service number of the manufacturer and they sent a replacement right away. Then there was a package of screws missing, but that was quickly remedied by a quick trip to the hardware store and $1 later a great product. quality is between good and excellent. Value is excellent
I bought this chest for my craft room. It looks just like on that picture online. No surprises here. I only wish it was in one piece - I don't like "projects".
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color just as expected, just what I saw online.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality ok for the price.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate