I was not happy with this purchase. The wood does not look like the wood in the photo at all. I understand all wood is different but it looks like a beach wood of some sorts and the one I got doesn't even look like real wood. More like plastic. The Height of the bar stool wasn't as high as it said which was disappointing. I tried to take them apart to ship back and they don't even snap apart once put together. You need a mallet of some sort to pop them off which now I will have to go buy just to take them apart. Very frustrating all together.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Not at all like in the photo
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Not good at all
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Poor
These are just as pictured except the wood is slightly lighter than on my monitor. These are super sleek and everyone compliments them. The up/down mechanism works great, although sometimes overnight a chair will ascend for no reason. We liked this so much we ordered another one to fill up a kitchen counter.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Slightly darker online
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
I am very happy with the look of these stools. They are the perfect mix of modern, vintage, elegance. However, the seat is a little slippery and not super comfy. They are perfect for entertaining and eating a quick bite, but I don't think I will use them when I sit to work on a project.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is very close to the photo, but I was expecting a wood grain rather than bamboo.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The stools seem to be very sturdy.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? It was described accurately.
"These stools are great for the purpose we got them - to have seating while we're temporarily in an apartment without a dining area. We kind of got what we paid for when we were trying to find one of the cheapest options though. The ""wood"" tops scratch very easily. My friend was wearing jeans with the button on the back pocket, and when she slipped out of the stool she carved a pretty nice chunk out of the material. Also, the chrome bottoms didnt stay pretty for long. I haven't found any cleaning product that makes them look new again and they collect dirt very quickly. On the other hand, the style is exactly what I was expecting and looks great in my apartment. The assembly was extremely easy and did not require an extra hand. The weight of the assembled stool is great as well; they're light enough to easily move around but heavy enough to where you feel stable when you're on them. And I love the adjustability in height! Overall, I do NOT regret my decision but I also do not see myself keeping them for an extended period of time. "