We have a kitchen that is to small for a table and chairs and we don't have many kitchen drawers. This product answered our prayers. It has two drawers that are working great for our knives and kitchen utensils. Gives us a place to sit and eat together instead of the living room coffee table. We also use it for extra counter space. We have it sitting in the middle of the kitchen but it would also look nice up against the wall. So if you have a small kitchen and you need seating or extra counter space this is the product to buy. It was easy to put together and it looks great.
Wow, is this a cheap product. I'm writing this after having owned it for some time and getting increasingly tired of it, but within a week or so of its arrival the laminate started to flake off the stools. The style is nice, it's easy to construct, and it looks good initially. But it is very poorly made and can't handle routine use. To date, laminate has flaked, the little accent buttons have popped off, the stools have gone slightly wobbly, some of the laminate on top has bubbled from having a drink set on it, and one of the drawers failed when I tried to put silverware in it. Don't buy this.
This table is EXACTLY what I needed and was looking for. It has been in my kitchen for over a month and every time I eat dinner at it, or have a friend over it adds so much to my apartment. I live in a studio and never actually envisioned myself eating dinner at a table because the apartment is so small. The table adds so much to the decor as well. My friend helped me install it and remarked about the high quality feel of it, also I've noticed it doesn't scratch easily. Others have reviewed that the chairs are uncomfortable but I haven't noticed this at all, they are square bar stools, which could be uncomfortable if you're sitting on the edges of the square but other than that they are just chairs, sturdy I might add. Thanks Overstock for another great purchase!!!
One improvement would be to have padded seats! Overall, exactly what we were looking for
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Even better than the picture
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Lives up to our expectations
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very good
We purchased this breakfast island to use as a kitchen table in our small apartment kitchen. We love to cook and were looking for somewhere to eat our meals- besides the living room coffee table! While the whole set-up looks very cute, and the table fits perfectly, both the proportion of the stools and the square shape make for an awkward sitting position. Not very comfortable to sit at for more than a few minutes. We know that's the deal when you go for stools, but these are particularly uncomfortable. The island does make for good additional table space, but I wish we went for a small table with chairs instead!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? As pictured
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Reasonably well made
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very
It fits in perfectly with my small kitchen. I had it tiled on top, and use it for an extra countertop as well as an eating, reading and prep table.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Right on.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect.
the table is worth about $1. it keeps falling apart...
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. trash
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? not at all
The island is a great fit for those with urban size kitchens. I was disappointed in the wobbliness of the structure though on both the top and bottom platforms. The stools are secure, but the stubs that are provided to put into the screw gaps do not stay put. I was looking forward to a higher quality item based on previous reviews.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? well represented
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. wobbly despite securing all connections
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? well described
Left edge of table top is damaged ... it appears to have been dropped during shippping. Oh well, live and learn! Don't try to assemble by yourself, table is easy but stools are difficult.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? ok
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. sturdy
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? ok
Nice peice, husband said it was easy to put together, really looks nice for the area we needed it.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? yes!
- How is the quality of the product? good
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? yes
This is a great little breakfast nook. It is the perfect height for either eating or counter top use for cooking/baking. My four year old son loves that he can pull the stool out by himself and climb up easily! The color is great, the assembly was easy. The drawers are a bit "skinny", but work well for potholders and "loose things."
Love this breakfast bar! It is the perfect fit for our small kitchen.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes, I was worried about how the color would work in my kitchen, but it fits perfectly.
- How is the quality of the product? The quality is great. The only drawback is that you really have to glue the wood plugs into the holes, becaus otherwise they fall out.
Bought this breakfast island for my mother-in-law ( who is not very easy to please:) and she loved it. My husband and I put together the table in less 40 minutes - it took us a little time to figure out the screws for the chairs, but after that it was very easy. The table looks great, the color is beautiful - even nicer than in the picture. Great for a small kitchen!
I like this table. It is heavy and seems quite durable. It was easy to put together, packaged and shipped nicely. I would have given it a 5 but its a little uneven, not wobbley, but uneven and the nail/screw plugs will have to be glued in. Overall, I would purchase again and it looks great in my small kitchen.