My son (age 13) was always sleeping on the living room couch because his bed was "not comfortable". I decided to purchase a futon so he could sleep on a couch in his room (or in a bed when he chose to do so.) I shopped on-line and in-person for several weeks before choosing this futon. I did not want to spend alot of money (he is 13 and tough on things) but wanted something that would last. I wanted wood and a thicker bed-type mattress. This item fills all of the above! It also has little side-table "wings" that he really likes, and drawers underneath for storage. My son and husband put this together in a few hours without too much trouble!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very sturdy. Mattress is comfortable.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
The bed is a good quality, it takes a few time transfering it from a sofa to bed a few times to break it in, it's a little stiff at first. The microsuede finish on the mattress is very soft and comfortable. And I love the added features of the swing up table from the arms and the additional storage drawers on the bottom. I bought this for my son's room, but i'm thinking of getting a second one to put in the game room.
The wood arms are great. Color is very nice. The drawers are only wood fronts the rest is cheap MDF board and very flimsy. I planned on using them to store the bedding for the futon and actually they will not hold much more weight than that. The instructions are good and all went together fine but I think the seat and back frames are little flimsy. Overall for what I bought it for - spare bed for guests I think it will work fine but will know more after it is actually used.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The wood is great
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good