There was a nightmare shipping problem which isn't Overstock's fault, but their policies made dealing with the problem overly frustrating. I eventually got the desk about a month after I bought it. Also be aware it comes in a wooden crate that needs to be pulled apart. It can be challenging if you are trying to put th edesk together yourself. The main cautions to other purchasers is that the keyboard tray is pretty small plus it has a small distance from the desk above. It holds a regular keyboard, but is not big enough for a mouse on the same glass or a very large keyboard I suspect. I use a mouse/wrist guard in front of the keyboard that makes the keyboard a very tight fit and a little difficult to use because my fingers hit the top of underside of the main desk. The side counter that rolls under the main part of the desk also seems like a good idea, but understand it means you cannot put a chair under the desk with it i all closed up.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. the legs are very 'cheap' looking up close, but from afar the desk looks nice. Also there is a "tempered glass" sticker on the main desk right in front that doesn't seem to be able to come off.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Decent
Nice small glass desk for light use. We have a large printer and the desk does shake when printer runs, so not really substantial enough for that. But we use a laptop on it and appreciate the extra space provided with the wing. Good for limited space.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly as pictured.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Exactly accurate
This baby arrives in a giant WOODEN crate -- looks like coffin. It's super heavy and is covered in sharp vampire-heart-friendly wooden stakes. So get your ski gloves out because this is going to be rough! After seriously 20 minutes of trying to get the pieces of desk out of this wooden coffin (you'll also need a hammer!!) I finally laid out all the parts and quickly realized that a person needs a PhD in Rocket Science to put it together. Also, the legs are made out of soda cans...and look like them too. Two hours later, I sort of had what appears to be a desk....but a really poorly constructed one. Oh, did I mention the directions were printed on a 1970's printer that was running out of ink? I know the economic times are tough, but how about NOT smearing the mega-lightly printed pieces of toilet paper that is called the "Manual"? SUPER DUPER FAIL. You seriously can't tell the difference between the letter(part number) "G" and the letter (part number) "J". And let me tell you, there are many, many parts! FIVE HOURS LATER: I still haven't been able to put the bottom shelf in...gave up on that already..and the table is shaky as can be. The legs are also crooked. But it does look preeettttyyy cool. If I were too see this at a store I'd PASS. If you value your time, your hands or your garbage man, spend your money elsewhere.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes
- How is the quality of the product? Poor
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Sort of.