The design of the basket in this set is intended to hook onto the side of the pot to drain the oil off of the fried food. In my case the basket will not stay it falls back into the oil. I later purchased a wire spoon for $7 and I use a stock pot. That works better for me since most fried foods either float when done or are very predictable in terms of time the scooper spoon works great. I use a stock pot that has a triple bottom which makes the regulation of oil temperature much easier. This pot is one thin layer and while it heats quicker it over heats easier.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Basket does not hold on to the pan when you hook it on to drain
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Fine
- Would you recommend this to a friend? No
This is a great low-cost but high-quality fryer. It heats quickly and its easy to keep the heat at an even temperature. The basket is large enough to hold lots of pieces of fried chicken, french fries, or lumpia. Matter of fact, its perfect for lumpia, which is a Filipino egg roll. I highly recommend this product.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It looks better.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is great. Heats evenly and fries beautifully.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.
- Would you recommend this to a friend? Yes