Save your money, this chair would be overpriced at $X. I ordered a pair. One went together with only a bit of difficulty. The second was very poorly made: one mortise wasn't fully routed out, so the tenon couldn't fit into it, and one hardware holed was drilled so close to the edge that the wood split. Had to do an exchange, replacement came with defective hardware (threads not properly cut). Three weeks and two trips to the hardware store later (on my own dime), I now have to sand both chairs, as they are so rough they've given me splinters. Oh, and the pieces aren't even color-matched to themselves. I remember with sadness the days when high-quality domestic products existed.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? no, wood pieces are of quite different shades.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Bad, bad, bad. Had to return one chair because it was defective, and the replacement came with defective hardware. Wood is so poorly sanded I had to resand it to avoid splinters.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? reasonably so.
- Would you recommend this to a friend? No
I am happy with this chair. I've had it for over 8 months and it's been outside in the yard the whole time. I had some initial trouble putting it together, but the manufacturer sent a part immediately and was very helpful. The wood is holding up very well. It's comfortable, roomy and looks welcoming on the lawn. I would like to get another one, but I see it's currently out of stock. Hope you get more in, Overstock!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Fades over time, but still nice
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It's good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
- Would you recommend this to a friend? Yes