I was hesitant to purchase this product based on previous customer reviews but boy am I glad I did! Everyone compliments it, it looks expensive and beautiful in our living room, and it was NOT "extremely difficult" to assemble like some people are saying - follow the directions and you'll be fine. Expect to put a little time into it! It's heavy because the quality is nice. I would absolutely purchase this product again. The ONLY issue was a tiny chip on 1 corner of the wood, but I just colored over it with a sharpie and it looks perfect.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It's much more brown than it looks in the picture, so if you are looking for a true black product - this isn't the TV stand for you!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very sturdy, a little tough to put together but absolutely do-able and looks high quality!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good description
After we had unpacked much of the heavy pky, we saw that the color/finish on many of the parts had been smudged off. That's the only way I know how to describe it. Like the stain had not been applied properly or allowed to dry....or something. We thot it was dust at first and would wipe off. There was also a visible scratch on the front piece. So of course it had to go back, and I did not take a chance on ordering another one. Once more Overstock came through in customer service. Made the return easy and paid for everything. I LOVE OVERSTOCK.com (just not this particular piece of furniture).
This was the worst product I ever purchased from O. The wood chips, the instructions are poor, took hours to assemble. Everything that could go wrong did. Not a good value, this piece is not worth the cost. O made the return painless which was the only bright side.
First, the box is very heavy! You will definitely need two adults to get the packaging/box open and to put this thing together. It comes in many pieces, but I think we were able to put it together in just over 3 hours without much arguing or sweating. Both side doors were distorted, color-wise, but after a quick chat with customer service, they sent replacement doors right away. The drawer face is scratched fairly badly, but we'll live with it. Also, the front side to the piece that the TV sits on is cracked. I don't think this hurts the structural integrity of the stand, so we're also choosing to live with that instead of having to take the entire thing apart to add a replacement top piece. In addition to being scratched, the drawer itself is odd - there are slider tracks that we had to install on the side walls of the cabinet compartment for the drawer to slide in, but the drawer sides themselves did not come with holes to add slides or rolling tracks to the drawer...so the drawer just sort of sits in a cubbie hole of sorts. It's a fairly stable stand once it is put together, but it is definitely not high quality. Unfortunately, we'll likely end up replacing it in a few years.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Matched well
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. As other reviews noted, several pieces were scratched or cracked.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Fairly accurate, though I didn't read carefully enough to realize that the doors are sliding doors, not pull-out.
I was disappointed right after we unpacked the box of what seemed like was 100 pieces. Several pieces of the wood were chipped. It was extremely difficult to put together. It took me 3 half days to put together and I have put a whole lot of things together over the years, but never anything this hard. The directions were not as specific as they should have been...I follow them exactly, but there were many important things left out of the directions. Im very disappointed. The weekend after we received and put together, the Target ad had almost the same thing for about half the price!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It had several chipped areas.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. poor quality!!!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Not even close...
We instantly fell in love when we saw this piece on Overstock.com. It's spacious with lots of storage, but still has such an elegant look to it. I have a lot of media components and they all fit perfectly into each shelf, with holes in the back, you can't see a single wire from the couch. The drawer is perfect for game controllers and all those extra little do-dads that are always lingering around.
Ive had this for about a month now, and every day I notice what a good looking piece of furniture it is. I had my sister help put it together and having help made it a lot easier. I really recommend having a helper. I received it with the top piece damaged on the corner. It was obvious that someone had tried to fix it: looked like a wad of brown gum globed on the corner. I called o.co and they sent a new top out right away, I am very impressed with their customer service, Wow, they were great. Note: the doors slide perfectly, and the drawer pulls great too. Drawer has metal glides, I think it will hold up nicely. Ive looked at every furniture store in town, havent found an entertainment center I like better.
I received a previously returned item. There were open bags of parts, and damaged parts. I could not complete assembly due to the damage. Huge disappointment.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Fine
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Poor: Damaged Parts, Item could not be contructed correctly
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? fine
The idea behind this TV stand is nice. It is looks good. But the problem is that I was unlucky and got partly used and broken product. Interesting stuff is that it was "partly" used. Some parts were assembled / disassembled before (probably show room?) . Glass doors ware both broken and unusable. Drawer handle has scratches. So I was disappointed with this product. I do not think it was overstock issue, probably they did not check what was inside.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? real color is more like walnut than black.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Pure quality. I do not know is it manufacturer problem or shipping/packaging issue.
I order a coffee table from Overstock and it arrived in perfect conditions, the assembling was easy too. Now, with this TV Stand it was a whole different story. Scratches, some parts of the "wood" was broken and chipped. Assembling was confusing because the instructions are quite basic and in the end I decided to stop trying to figure out what goes where and just use common sense. From the distance it looks good and modern but if you look closer is a mess, really cheap. I recently moved to an apartment and I still have boxes to open, I'm paintingtoo so I'll keep this tv stand. Probably when I settle down I will buy a new tv stand from a furniture store or even Ikea (at least I know what I get).
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? similar
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. poor
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate from a sellers point
It is a wonderful additional to our living room the glass door keeps the dust off of the electronic items
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect dark as a good expresso
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality and was easy to build
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? right on
I read a few of the reviews and was a bit concerned about purchasing this product. I delayed purchasing it even though I loved the look and could not find a better looking one within my price range anywhere else. I finally purchased it because I really needed to upgrade from the big black box my tv was sitting on, and I was so glad I did! I was lucky that my package arrived with no missing pieces or damage. My husband put it together in a little under 2 hrs(it may take longer for those who are not used to doing this), and it looks great in my living room! Very satisfied customer!
Great value! We ordered this for our small apartment (1200 sq ft) with smallish living room area. It fits the place perfectly. We have light gray walls and light colored floors as well, so they act are a great accent to this dark colored tv stand. It wasn't too difficult to put together (lots of little pieces), but did take a couple of hours for my husband to get it fully assembled. I'd order it again, as long as my husband would put it together :)
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality for the price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate