This is the second rug I've purchased, and just like before, it's a great rug! I have two small children and these rugs hold up to everything--grape juice spills, mud, car races, running. Even after two years of wear, my first rug still looks like new . These rugs are definitely worth the price!
Purchased 3.6 X 5.6 and 8X10. Rugs arived as expected. Was concerned by some reviews that they would smell. Aired them outside for 8 hours. Only slight hints of grass smell on occassion for a few days. Not a concern for us since we're old farm kids and it smelled like hay cutting day, back on the farm. After a week, no scent is present. The texture is a bit rough. Not what I would want for a small child play area. Good value, especially when you add in the prompt and cheap shipping.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes
- How is the quality of the product? Good, substantial product. Was afraid at this price it would be flimsy version I've seen in stores.
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Yes
I use this rug in the bathroom and it is really nice! My cats like it, too, and I like it 'cuz they cannot ruin it! It feels massaging on bare feet and is durable and well-made. I got a smaller version of this for my kitchen and may even get a bigger one for the living room. The burgundy color is nice and won't show the dirt. Great purchase!
This is a great rug. I bought the green trim to coordinate with colors in my foyer and the color is true. Do not buy this type rug if you have cats however. They consider it their scratching post. I had to partion the room off from mine. Good value for the money.
I purchased three of these rugs in various sizes. Compared to other retailers I've looked at, Overstock had the best prices by far. These are just what I expected and I'm very happy with my purchase. I have not had a problem with a strong smell like others have mentioned (and it has been 80-90 degrees lately). I get a whiff of hay smell once in a while, but nothing unpleasant. A couple times in the heat I caught a bit of urine smell and I wondered if it was coming from the rugs ... but I have a baby, too, so who knows? As far as the rough texture -- well, yes, seagrass is a rougher material. I find these pleasant to walk on in my bare feet (like any other seagrass rug), but if you were comparing the texture to cotton or wool, it is indeed rough. However, my 10-month-old crawls on them without any sign of discomfort. I have two larger dogs and so far, these rugs have held up great (no pulls from their claws). It has only been about a month, though, so time will tell. The rubber backing does keep the rugs from sliding on my hardwood floors, which is amazing considering how unruly my dogs are.
Love this rug! It collects dirt, water, snow, etc. and always looks fabulous. One small problem is how thick the rug is. It wouldn't fit under the interior doors of my house without getting caught but easily goes in the clearance on the exterior door. I would purchase this rug in a smaller size for other places in my house if available.
Tried to hose this off (per the instructions), and ended up with a hole in the rug (and we do not have a high-power hose). After about 9 months, the backing on all four rugs started "disintegrating" and falling off in hundreds of tiny pieces. You can't move the rug without having to sweep up a lot of the backing. Also, if you have to be on your feet for more than an hour or two, this rug is TERRIBLE on the feet and back. I will never buy rugs like this ever again.
I would not hesitate to purchase this rug. It seems to be high quality, and it is extremely affordable. It arrived quickly, and with no damage, as it was packaged well. The color and quality is true to the photo on the Overstock website. I am happy with the rug, and would not hesitate to recommend it. (There was no odor when opening the rug, and it lays flat after only a day of laying out with some heavy pillows at the four corners !! )
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color depicted is very accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good Description - very accurate
This rug has been in my kitchen for six years and is still in great shape. I can wipe up wet spills with a damp cloth, vacuum up dry stuff and I've even removed grease marks with a sprinkling of talcum left on overnight and then vacuumed/ brushed up. The price has increased appreciably since I bought this rug, but I still consider the price reasonable.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? fine
This rug is actually 3'7"x5'7" and is marked with those dimensions from the supplier. I had to return one of the rugs I ordered because those extra inches made it a poor fit for my hallway. The quality is good. The seagrass smell fades quickly and the rug stays flat without a problem. It is a bit rough on bare feet.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color is accurate for the green.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The rug is actually 3'7"x5'7". It's marked that way by the supplier also.
Great purchase...has held up for 10 years and still going strong.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent...have had it for 10 years and it is still in great condition.