The lamp is well built and solid... quite heavy in fact. Placement might be a consideration if you've pets running around or small toddlers as the base isn't larger than the diameter of the light's tubular body, which is about 5" in measurement. The body measures about 18" tall, from the base to the top of the cylinder. This is simply stated as F.Y.I. and not a criticism in any manner. The lamp is striking in looks and should garner compliments from anyone visiting your home. Due to the colors and character of natural slate, no two of these lamps should appear "identical", which is a huge plus in my book. I liked the color of the shade in the photos, however, it appears slightly different once in your home. Since the shade is very opaque, the lamp illuminates above and below said shade. If you desire an even output of illumination, a more transparent shade in a lighter color could be purchased separately. That said, I'll impress upon anyone considering this lamp, it is truly a great addition to your home and will not disappoint. By the way, this is the identical lamp showing up elsewhere under a different name and at a higher cost than on Overstock's website. That name is also on the box the lamp is packaged in. Why pay more for the same lamp from other online sellers! Shipping was super fast on this item... and I chose Overstock's "free" shipment option. I couldn't be more pleased with this product and Overstock has delivered a "win" once again.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Close... but more green slate color than shown. The shade color appears to differ slightly.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Solid... well built and a fine quality product.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.
I liked the style, color, and price of this lamp, but, the quality was extremely poor. I couldn't tell if the base was damaged or just poorly crafted. I thought this was suppose to have slate pieces tiled together. It looked like green compound scored to look like tile on most of the area. What looked like tile pieces were sunken in and white compound was showing all over the base. I was very disappointed and sent this lamp back. This is the first item I've purchased from Over Stock.com that I have been unhappy with. They usually have very good products. I'll keep looking.
Very pleased with the lamp. It arrived slightly damaged, but didn't want to go through the hassle of returning it. It's in a corner of the room where the damaged side can be turned to the wall.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
Good lamp, good price. Like the nice solid feel and look of it. Appears well made and it functions well.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very good, though it is a "rougher" surface in person, which I like for the most part.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Looks good on my nightstand. Good for reading since it is tall. I have a 3 way bulb in there and it clicks off by itself once in awhile, not sure if it is the bulb or the lamp. Very heavy. I
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very