I am not a fan of fussy window treatments - I wanted simple and timeless for my box bay window. No room for finials, and it's important to be able to enjoy the full natural light when I want to, but to shut it out as much as possible when needed. These are good quality and look great! I have sheers on the second rod for full, diffused light during the day, and simple lined cotton drapes on clip rings that pull together for privacy at night. Very happy with the product, and plan to buy more to finish the first floor of my house.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The black is a very smooth, rather lustrous finish, rather than attempting to mimic wrought iron
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality and great style for the price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The site description and photo were fair - I knew what I was after, felt fairly confident after reading the description, and was pleased with the finished result
This is an excellent product. I love the way it looks and I feel that it will withstand the distance that it has to cover. My only complaint is that it has plastic anchors. I feel that a rod of this length and this weight should have had metal anchors.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was exactly as shown
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It's very durable and make very well.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate description.
I love the extended length of the main rod, but the flimsy secondary rods are thin, weak and too flexible. Causes the sheers hung on them to bow in the center. And the lack of depth between the 2 rods prevents grommet top drapes/sheers to glide open or close. I'm keeping the product for the main 144" rod but would not recommend this if I needed it to operate as a double rod system.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. secondary rod is thin and does not hold weight well = bows in the center
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate but not functional
I wanted a wrap-around curtain rod in a style that would not clash with a nearby and existing light fixture so I was looking for a particular color and a plainer style. We have an older home and some of the windows have not been replaced yet so I got heavier curtains. I put up curtains on grommets and sheers. At first I thought there was no room for the sheers - but it actually works out okay to have them close and the curtains still work and the sheers are not moving. There is also less light leakage if that is a concern. I bought two of these and have two wide windows. The support does its job and they were pretty easy to put up as well. Overall, the focus is really on the curtains now and not on the rod - and I like that the rod is in three pieces - allows for an easier time closing the curtains. I am happy with my purchase and hubs was as well.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good for Chinese - some flaws but cannot be seen under the curtains so not a deal breaker.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very good
This was an excellent solution to our insulation of a huge picture window and the cold winter air. It allowed the thermal gromet style curtains to snuggly fit all along the walls at the sides, mount just close enough to the ceiling for the curtain to just clear when sliding and I strongly recommend the curtains to just sweep the floor (about 1/2 inch) to keep the cold from flowing out the bottom. We went the full length at 144 inches which concerned my husband, but the primary rod hardward seems to not sag. The secondary rod for the sheers is 3 parts each side and do sag just a tad bit when fully extended but not enough to be a problem (small price for such a large picture window!). Overall the whole thing worked beautifully. p.s. used with the Extra Wide THermal Blackout Grommet Top 84-inch Curtain Panel (2).
Warning! You want a friend to help install these. Seriously. Torque is a real thing folks. I did it by myself, and my muscles have almost stopped complaining. :) The drill bit size needed is larger than stated in the instructions, so check the wall anchor size against the drill bit, then go for it. If you're the decorating type, these rods allow you to add more layers to your window treatments. I just need the option of privacy (curtains) or just soften the sunshine (sheers). Perfect.
I have two french doors that had blinds on them; I wanted a softer, warmer look, using sheers and drapes. The Barricade Double window hanging hardware worked perfectly for the look I was wanting. The rods look rich; I bought the dark brown to match the drapes which are chocolate. I love the overall look.
I like that I can have my sheers on the inside rod and my curtains on the outside. These were relatively easy to hang and look very nice in the Pewter. I was afraid the Pewter might not look right with the chrome accents I have but it looks great (maybe even better than a chrome would). I think the price is a little steep or I would've given this 5 stars.
I like the style of the rod. It's simple and sturdy. But it's very easy to be scratched when we install it and hang the curtains. The instruction said drill 3/16" hole but it was too small and we had to drill a bigger one. For the add-a-rod to make it double, it's quite confusing and we still didn't figure out the use of one part. But we installed everything else and they look ok. I do like the look of the rods.
Flimsy junk. The second interior rod is not as pictured. It's an awkward piece of thin metal that doesn't even fit together properly. Don't waste your money. Would return it except the shipping would cost me more than the junk I bought.
My favorite things about these rods is 1, they look GREAT , 2 the wrap around allows you to push the curtains away from the window so they don't blow in the breeze and 3, the bend also keeps the light from coming in the sides. All in all a great product & extremely competitive price at Overstock!
Needed a large rod, but could not have a brace midway because it was to cover a picture window half-way in my house (the living room had been converted to the breakfast room part of the kitchen, hence the large picture window). This rod is very sturdy and has held up well for not being braced.
Love these curtain rods. Relatively easy to hang. I had trouble because of my walls, not the product. Which has been a problem everywhere I have lived, as a Navy wife. And your price was the best I could find.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color is as shown on my computer
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is good. Lighter then expected.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description was good. Glad center post included.
Other reviewers mentioned sheer rod was somewhat flimsy. I couldn't agree more! The manner in which the rod connects is very poor. I'm trying to figure out how to make stronger, like with a wooden dowel. In certain areas my sheers hang down below the curtain. While I'm not at all thrilled, I've kept because I was in desperate need of window hardware. I would not purchase again. Good news is it was packaged well and survived shipping.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Comparable
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Outer rod-pretty good. Sheer rod-not so much.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Fairly accurate. Not sure the sheer rod would really reach to 144"
I love the look of these. Installation was super easy. Would definitely recommend these to anyone looking for something along these lines.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Slightly darker in person which I liked better
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Sturdy but light
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
first problem was set screws stripped out. Stand off is not as far as described, flimsy secondary rods. I would not recommend.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? ok
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. sucks,
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? not