the description allows the buyer to zoom in on the details of the item so looking finely at the frame of the mirror allowed me to see exactly what the mirror looks like. it is a beautiful mirror and i wouldn't change a thing about it. I would like to know what the word "pewter" is referring to. possibly the color but it is more of an aged antiqued brass look instead of pewter which is more of a zinc/silver color. its beautiful whatever its called. its going to look great in my newly remodeled bathroom. It will be on a shelf leaning against the wall as opposed to hanging but it is designed with hardware attached and included for wall mounting.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? nearly exact.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? size specs were dead on but the term "pewter" was a bit misleading
Sometimes shopping online is hit or miss with the quality. Until you receive the product it's hard to tell if it will look identical to the advertisement and if it will measure up to expectations. In this case it was exactly what we were looking for. It was high quality at a great price point and matches exactly to the ad. Very pleased with this purchase.
I just love this mirror and am so glad I bought it to go above a simple shaker style dresser in a room with a contemporary stainless steel frame bed. I was looking for a mirror that was not stark, had a little bit of elegance and charm but not too much. I really liked that it was square and the size was just right. The quality is excellent, especially given the price. It's not cheaply made, it is very well made of good materials. The hanging hardware is attached. It arrived in fine condition. All great. The color, though, is not what I think of as pewter. It's closer to bronze or antique brass or antique gold. I wasn't looking to throw in another metal color in this room so I'm going to have to paint it silver or antique silver with a metallic paint. Even still, I'm very happy with this purchase. It will provide just the touch of detail to make it a nice focal point in an otherwise clean lined room.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? This is not a pewter color. It is more like an antique gold finish.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Wonderful quality art frame, with lovely details. Sturdy.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate, except for color. It is not pewter.
The mirror is a very heavy, expensive looking piece. it comes with hanging hardware, which is a good thing. The antiqued color is a little yellow and a little silver, a little light and a little dark, and would probably coordinate with metallic items of almost any color. I purchased mine for a half bathroom, and it looks nice with the brass knobs, an antiqued light fixture, and a brushed nickel faucet. It really just goes with everything.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very high
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? excellent