This is a very well made desk. The wood is extremely refined and looks much more expensive than the desk cost. Only 3 pieces to put together and it looks great in my study. It was everything I expected and more. If you are looking for a simple but very well made desk, I would highly recommend this product.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was exactly as I expected
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very well made, high quality wood desk
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
This is a large desk that is quite hefty in weight. Although this is merely rubberwood, the stain and finish on the desk is very nice. The hardware is satin stainless steel. Like other reviewers have noted, the magnets for the keyboard shelf is a bit weak. Since the magnets are embedded into the wood, changing them out would be a challenge. Currently, the drawer front stays up but it takes very little to dislodge it. The desk is very large compared to desks designed with this shape. Overall, it does admirably what it is supposed to do. It is a handsome piece of furniture. I think for an urban and contemporary look, a higher end piece of furniture is not likely to be that much different than this desk. My fiance put 2 of these desks together in about 1.5h and it seemed relatively easy to put together. For the price, it seems a bit expensive compared to other desks at Overstock, but compared to brick and mortar stores it appears to be a good value. I would recommend this desk.
Ordered this desk for my son's room. I wanted a larger desk that could be used now as a play table and then transition later to a desk as he got older. The size of the desk is great and fits two bar stools, so he and a friend can sit and play. Assembly was easy, but the middle drawer magnet alignment is off and it keeps popping open. I contacted Overstock.com and they are going to send a replacement drawer. I love the clean lines of the desk, but am not fond of the hardware on the drawers as its slightly too contemporary for my taste. Of course that is easy to swap out. I rated it good because of the drawer issue, otherwise its a solid piece of furniture.
Took longer than I expected to assemble. Removing the drawers proved harder than I thought. The release levers are tiny and dark inside of the drawer track. Once complete, the desk was excellent and fit our master bedroom perfectly.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Same
We purchased this desk for our 16 year old. It was exactly what he needed. It arrived in good condition, we only had to put the legs on. It was easy. I highly recommend this desk!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality of this desk was very nice for the money
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description of the desk was accurate
Until it arrived, I dreaded putting this desk together. However, I had a huge grin on my face once I opened the box and started pulling the pieces out. The desk only has 5 things that have to be assembled. You attach the "bar" to the legs, the legs to the desk, then the handles to the drawers. That's all there is to it. It took me about 35 minutes to get put together, and I was taking my time. That said, this desk still feels like a "put it together yourself" piece of furniture. Don't purchase it expecting a desk that has the look and feel of a $1,500 desk. Don't expect it to be perfect, because it won't be.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color matches pictures
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Desk quality is acceptable
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description is accurate