I ordered this for a condo and it was the first piece of furniture I bought for the living room. I figured that if it didn't work out - I could put it in the guest bedroom. It looks so good that I have been purchasing other pieces "around this chair". It is definitely in the gold family and looks fantastic against a dark brown accent wall - sort of in a corner with adjacent very light beige walls. It has lots of other colors in the design but they are muted and can be "picked up" with other bolder patterns and colors. I have also purchased a t"omato red" love seat and amazingly - it looks fantastic with this pillow sitting on it. I am buying another very bright and patterned chair - looks great with that also. This chair is very "chic" right now and is a fantastic value. It's also wide enough for two children to sit on. I will probably use the pillow on the couch! My daughter put it together - not too difficult - and yes - it did come in a huge box. Sure saved on furniture delivery!Thanks Overstock!
Overall, I like this chair, since the quality is top-notch. Assembly was relatively easy and was completed in about 30 minutes. It took a lot of patience gingerly twisting the screws in the diagonally-bored shafts until they found purchase in the right holes. Yes, there are several places your errant screw might end up if you're not careful. It's a solid piece that goes fine with my upscale, eclectic living room. The seat is very dense foam, which I like. It's comfortable, but you don't sink into it. If you're looking for something cushy, find something else. The most disappointing thing about this chair is that the picture is NOT ACCURATE! I bought it specifically because it had multi-colored squares of plum, sage, and burgundy, which tied into colors already present in my living room. In actuality, the squares are SO FAINT that the chair looks like it's a solid color. The base color -- a pale wheat -- is also lighter in person, making it match my sofa exactly, which I did not want. (They obviously Photoshopped the picture to make it darker and richer.) From afar, this chair and my sofa look like part of a matching furniture set I bought at JC Penny instead of the carefully chosen individual pieces I agonized over for months. In the end, though, I'm keeping the chair, since shipping it back would have been a huge pain. I may end up moving this somewhere else in my house where it contrasts better with the existing furniture. If you're not as exacting as I in your color palate, then consider this chair 5-stars for quality construction.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? NOT ACCURATE!!! The picture has been darkened to make the multi-colored squares pop more. But in actuality, they are so faint that from across the room, the chair looks like it's a solid color.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great, solid consturction and quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate aside from the misleading photo.
This is an excellent chair to have as an accent piece in a room. I put two together on either side of a table with a lamp and they were perfect oposite the couch.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color shown on the web site was consistant with the color on the chairs depending on the lighting in the room. The chairs appear to change colors and the little blocks as well, depending on soroundings and light.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is excellent for the price paid!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The product was described on the site as it is in real life
I looove this chair! Perfect size, not too big or small.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? description matched
The chair was okay, I didn't end up putting it together because I didn't look the colors or how it looked in my living room. So I can't write that accurate of a review. I will say, be sure you are prepared to pay 25% of the cost of the chair to return it. Not very thrilled to return the chair and realize I wasted $** on NOTHING. So, I will probably take a break from Overstock.com. Should have been more prominent the charges I would incur if I returned it, BEFORE I purchased.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Looked muddier in person/not as bright
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It was fine
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
This chair was a steal in terms of price compared to looking around at local furniture chairs. The shipping took about a week, but for $2.50 who can complain? The chair was pretty easy to assemble, but some of the washers are too large to allow screws to fit. The adjustments were easy. The main thing that I would warn anyone purchasing this chair about is the color. The chair in the picture does not look like the color of the one that will arrive at your door. The actual chair has very gold tone, and the individual squares are not as pronounced as the ones in the picture. They blend with the gold. For my living room, it was still a perfect match, so I'm happy.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color of the chair is actually more of a gold tone.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very nice chair
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? With the exception of the color, very nice.
Very happy with the chairs, could not have picked a better purchase in person.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? I thought it was very accurate, had more of a golden cast but wroks great for me
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is wonderful
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate, I found the chairs (I purchased two) as well as comfortable.
I purchased 2 chairs based on the reviews. I will admit, I was petrified buying "sight unseen", but I will tell you this chair is the same chair I saw in a "high end" furniture store for almost $500 less, the chair is EXACT! This isn't the most comfortable chair without the pillow behind you, but I have them in a seldom used "sitting area" in my great room. My 13 year old daughter assembled the legs, she didn't seem to have any difficulty! I would recommend this chair. NOTE: you can't tell in the picture, but there is a subdued mauve/pinkish color block (not sure how to describe exact color), but you have to get right up on the chair to see it so it wasn't a show stopper for my decor and I have NOTHING in the rose/pink tones in my home and the chair still looks great!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Main material was perfect, the color blocks were a little more subdued
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent quality for the price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? spot on
Just had to write a review. Can't believe this char is so perfecct. Great quality. Luxurious fabric. VERY confortable! My surprise is that this chair sell for such a low price. My sofa is an expensive brown suede, but these chirs really steal the show... They look like the 'big bucks' purchase now. Couldn't be happier!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly - no surprises
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very rich looking. I actually bought 2 'Tapered Accent Chair". Identical, escept the seat tapers in at the back. Perfect for my small space
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very
I love these chairs! They are practically wide enough for two people to sit on. They were so easy to assemble and have provided the extra seating in our living room that we needed. The color is not quite as vibrant as shown on the pictures but they look so great and the colors go perfectly with the colors we picked out for our paint. The value is impossible to match. I looked all over before deciding on these chairs and couldn't find anything that was priced this well. I get compliments on them all the time.
This chair is very comfortable - not too firm and not too soft. It is the perfect height too. It is a BIG chair though. Two kids could easily sit on it with room to spare. Fortunately, it fits nicely in a designated corner next to a bookcase and sliding glass door. The colors are beautiful and are not too muted. My husband assembled it in no time at all. If we had the room, I'd order another one. You really can't go wrong purchasing this chair. Just make sure that you have room for it!
chairs look just like picture. Solid construction. Easy to put together. Took my 13 year old about 10 minutes to do both chairs. colors are perfect autumn. I have them in my bedroom to stage for re- sale, but they are high enough quality for living room, family room or any where.
The reviews were very accurate. The colors are not as bright as the picture, which I like. I was happy the reddish color is not very red, I needed the orange family. For the money it is an excellent choice. Putting the chair was a little difficult, my holes did match up though.
Bought 2 of these chairs. First one was a challenge to assemble, but I got it done. The second one was HORRIBLE!!!! The holes were not drilled correctly, so there was NO WAY the chair could be put together. I called the manufacturer and after a series of emails with photos (they denied there was a problem), I FINALLY got them to realize the only way to assemble the chair would be to flip the seat cushion upside down. They agreed to send a new chair if I provided my mailing address, and I did. A week and a half later when I emailed for an update, they said I never provided my address. After I forwarded the email that included my address, they apologized and shipped it. It's supposed to arrive tomorrow. Hopefully the holes will be drilled properly.
This chair arrived requiring assembly, but whoever drilled the holes for the bolts they want you to screw in (eleven of them!) didn't get the holes in the right place. So unless you are a very handy carpenter and have appropriate tools in your house to re-build a piece of furniture, DO NOT BUY THIS *** CHAIR. I am pretty steamed about this. I didn't notice the many many comments about this drilling problem before purchasing it and now I want to know WHY on earth Overstock.com has continued to sell this defective chair if everyone is complaining about it? It's made by a company called *** -- avoid their furniture at all costs! You will be nothing but frustrated and out *** bucks for a chair.