I ordered these for my son's room and they are great. They are one peice (not layered with other fabrics) and smooth and beautiful. Stars are shinny. Fabric is not "thermal" it is smooth, I think they say thermal because they keep in heat. They do black out light as promised. Nice curtains.
I've tried blackout shades/curtains before, but these are by far the best. The fabric drapes very nicely, without the tacky foam backing so many blackout drapes have. I've been a night nurse for 35 years, and finally- a decent day's sleep.
Not complete blackout drapes. We have a 3 layered blind (to keep out cold- they aren't blackout) with these drapes and during the day it is darker without direct light but not completely dark. Would have liked them to make the room darker. Our daughter is a short napper and we were hoping a real dark room during the day would get her to sleep longer but these drapes cut out about 50% of light during the day so we still don't know if a truly dark room would help her.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate- the beige is a soft beige with silver stars
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very nice. Soft, wrinkles come right out after a day or two hung. No need to iron.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Not complete blackout drapes.
Note: 3-inch rod pocket, so they look a bit weak on my son's skinny rod. But great at blocking the light and open/close fairly easily (a concern for kids room where they will yank on the curtains and end up pulling the rod down). Stars are foil-material, very shiny and fun.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Stars shinier than expected
I have been buying & returning "blackout" curtains for a few months now...these actually block out the light like they say!!! They look very nice, I got 1 pair of Pink for my 3 & 6 year olds room (1 panel per window so we can open them during the day & let the sun in). They do not have the rubber like backing like most do, which when that material is washed will eventually fall apart, so I'm thinking that these will wash nicely. Very Happy with these. Happy Happy Happy
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Not quite as bright as photo, but nice
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. High Quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
My husband and I ordered these curtains for our home office/ music room, which needs to be temperature controlled. The curtains are great at keeping the room cool on hot days. I am certain that they would do an equally fine job at keeping the room warm on cool days, if that's what we were looking for. I highly recommend them.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Beautifully tailored, thick curtains with a hint of gliter
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Exact match
I was pleasantly surprised by these blackout curtains. They really do block the light, but they also are very silky-feeling and hang nicely. I've had them for three years now and they have held up well; still look brand new. Very happy with these curtains! The silver stars on dark blue are cool-looking, too.
These are perfect length for my nursery and do a great job of blocking the light out! They are thick quality material and will hold up well. They are VERY dark navy though, almost black. So if you're looking for a lighter blue color these may not be for you.
The black are very darkening and perfect. The stars make them not so 'daunting' in the kid's room. Shiny material is fine for us but know that it is shiny!. The longer length pair is better for the coverage we need but the cram color does not darken enough. I'd recommend them but go with a dark color.
When the sun shines through the window, you can clearly see that these are not blackout shades (I have beige)./ Luckily I have blackout roller shades under these curtains. Since it costs so much for shipping to return items on overstock, I feel pretty much stuck with these sub par curtains. It's a shame.