I ordered these for my son's room and they are great. They are one peice (not layered with other fabrics) and smooth and beautiful. Stars are shinny. Fabric is not "thermal" it is smooth, I think they say thermal because they keep in heat. They do black out light as promised. Nice curtains.
I've tried blackout shades/curtains before, but these are by far the best. The fabric drapes very nicely, without the tacky foam backing so many blackout drapes have. I've been a night nurse for 35 years, and finally- a decent day's sleep.
Not complete blackout drapes. We have a 3 layered blind (to keep out cold- they aren't blackout) with these drapes and during the day it is darker without direct light but not completely dark. Would have liked them to make the room darker. Our daughter is a short napper and we were hoping a real dark room during the day would get her to sleep longer but these drapes cut out about 50% of light during the day so we still don't know if a truly dark room would help her.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate- the beige is a soft beige with silver stars
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very nice. Soft, wrinkles come right out after a day or two hung. No need to iron.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Not complete blackout drapes.
Note: 3-inch rod pocket, so they look a bit weak on my son's skinny rod. But great at blocking the light and open/close fairly easily (a concern for kids room where they will yank on the curtains and end up pulling the rod down). Stars are foil-material, very shiny and fun.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Stars shinier than expected
I have been buying & returning "blackout" curtains for a few months now...these actually block out the light like they say!!! They look very nice, I got 1 pair of Pink for my 3 & 6 year olds room (1 panel per window so we can open them during the day & let the sun in). They do not have the rubber like backing like most do, which when that material is washed will eventually fall apart, so I'm thinking that these will wash nicely. Very Happy with these. Happy Happy Happy
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Not quite as bright as photo, but nice
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. High Quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
My husband and I ordered these curtains for our home office/ music room, which needs to be temperature controlled. The curtains are great at keeping the room cool on hot days. I am certain that they would do an equally fine job at keeping the room warm on cool days, if that's what we were looking for. I highly recommend them.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Beautifully tailored, thick curtains with a hint of gliter
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Exact match
We moved to a house only temporarily, the room my granddaughter was going to use was very dark and decorated for an "adult". Since we are not going to stay here for very long I didn't want to invest a lot in decorating so I decided to change the curtains. I found these at Overstock, they arrived quickly and are beautiful!! I bought the white/ivory color, it was easy to hang and has tiny stars on it. It is made of a heavy polyester fabric that is machine washable. They are well made and look beautiful and hang beautifully, they also come with tie backs. I used the command hooks on both sides of the window so I can remove them easily when we move and can pull them back during the day and close them at night. And even with this light color, they are totally room darkening. Everyone who has seen them has commented on how much they love them. They come in other colors too. I wish they came without the stars as I would buy them for my room too.
I've had these several years. The wrinkles will not go away unless you get them damp & put them in a gentle dry cycle after arriving. Hanging only will not do it. They are great for blocking out light and look smart. I bought the chocolate ones.
I bought these years ago and they were fabulous- Very heavy and insulated the chill and streets lights from the windows completely. I still don't want to part with them even though my son is now in college and has long outgrown star curtains.