First- these are really cool and oredring them from Overstock saved me around $50 over Home Depot- so that was great! Although the 14 sq. ft. only did one wall behind the sink up to the cabinets, so it didn't go as far as I hoped. Lessons learned---get heavy duty metal shears, with a flat sharp edge or you will end up with weird edges. Also, you will need a metal file to dull the edges. The package states to use a hack saw, but it was hard to get a straight line- especially for the half piece edges near the wall. Definately use clear construction caulking and a bit more than the package states to get good adhesion on textured walls. Also, I got grey caulking to seal up the bottom edge near the sink. Also, it is hard to cut these close enough to use standard switchplates, so I had to buy oversized and couldn't find the right color to match, so I painted them grey and that worked well. Time: One complete wall behind sink- about 6 ft long up to the cabinets with cutting, took me over 4 hours.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exactly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
The tiles were beautiful but if your wall isn't even you may have to use some glue on tile and maybe even add a shim or something to even the tile so it sticks to wall. It is very rich looking and have had many compliments.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect color better than expected
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The tile was just as described
Product was easy to install and work with. Just doesnt have the expensive look to justify the price. I had to order twice at $$$ per order to cover my kitchen backsplash. Also the thin protective coating over the face of the tiles was impossible to remove. I got 2 removed out of 240. I just left it on the others. Overall the concept is great but the execution of the tiles looks cheap.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? OK
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. OL
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
I love to remodel, but have never been the laborer in the deal...this backsplash turned out to be a wonderful replacement in my kitchen, as I loathed the 4X4 white tile backsplash with grape cluster accents, coupled with a teal laminate countertop, but I digress... I followed the directions of applying Kilz to the 1/4 inch drywall I had to install after removing the old ceramic tile backsplash. I installed the Aspect tiles in a brick pattern, and made cuts with tin snips. Very little waste, and a week later, no tiles have popped off, even though I used no additional adhesive. I figured I would wait and see how flat the tile would be after my first attempt at fixing the wall in my 1939 bungalow. What a difference, and now I can live with that countertop for a while longer...