The bed looks so nice and decorative to me that I'm very happy with it. The product picture depicts the metal work very well but the coloring is somewhat different when it's seen in person. It's not as white and it doesn't have that shine. Say the flower motif, the inside parts of the flower are of a darker color, the outside parts are lighter. I don't know how to give a better description in words. You may want to check out a local store to get some idea about the true color of antique white metal beds. The quality is impressive, not just the metal work, which is very smooth. The curves of the metal bars are gentle and elegant. I particularly like the engineering design of the bed. The parts, even the washer and screws are of quality. The combination of the parts are careful designed to hold the bed tightly together and ensures good support. It doesn't move or sway even when I push it hard after assembling.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is somewhat different from the picture. It's not as white as it looks in the picture. The actual color is more cream than white and the color for parts of the decorative metal work is almost light brown. It's hard for me to describe. You should go check a white metal bed in store so you get the feel.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is very good. I bought a metal bed before from overstock and that bed has a 4.5 plus rating and bought by hundreds of people. Even that bed is incomparable with the quality of this bed. It's very well made. Lots of effort put into the design to ensure that the parts hold the bed together with excellent support. The small parts are not flimsy.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description is very short.
I was so excited to receive the bed and was more than pleased with the results. It is very sturdy, was not hard to assemble and I couldn't be more happy with the looks of it. It is just what I wanted. It arrived in perfect condition and I could not be more pleased with it. I was a little nervous about it because I have never ordered an item this big on line but it is just what I thought it would be. Thank you for the good packing and shipping as it arrived in perfect condition.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It was a little different than I thought it would be but I absolutely love it.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I am very pleased with it. It is top quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? A very accurate description.
The bed is really really cute! It is more of an oatmeal color than an ivory or a cream but is really pretty! It took about an hour for my friend and I to assemble and seems really sturdy. I'm still waiting for my mattress and box spring but so far it looks great!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The bed is more of an oatmeal color rather than ivory of cream.
This bed is NOT WHITE. I was expecting white with grayish embellishments. It is actually tan/cream with BROWN accents. I made it work with my decor but would love it 100% if it was white. Other than the colors, this bed is wonderful! VERY VERY STURDY, does not move an inch or make any sounds when you get in and out of bed. Pretty happy with the quality for the price.
I love this bed!. I had read the previous reviews and already knew it was not really white but the antiquing on bed is perfect. The bed was fairly easy to assemble and is quite sturdy. Arrived quickly. I would recommend this bed highly.
My husband and I really love this bed. It was easy to put together and it is nice and sturdy, which really concerned me with these types of beds. The only thing is, is that it is NOT white. It's more of an antique off white. It didn't bother us though. Other than that, packaging was great, easy instructions and it's a good quality bed. Very satisfied.
Absolutely a beautiful elegant bed! Very well built, durable. Would go best with a beige color scheme as it would bring out the brown detail and blend with the vibe of the bed. Easy to assemble. Has a good solid frame to support your foundation and mattress, metal braces going across the bottom for support. Exceptional quality and the best bang for your buck.
Ordered this for our daughter, was a little unsure about the quality of a metal bed for $***, but decided to go for it based on previous good reviews. My husband and I are far from handy people and had no trouble setting this up. Absolutely could not be happier! Super sturdy and solid not to mention beautiful. Definitely more antique white in color. Great purchase!
I would agree with most other reviews. When I unpacked the parts the headboard and footboard seemed a little lightweight. But when full assembled this is a very sturdy and solid bed. I compared to other metal beds in local furniture stores. Most where over $XXXX and were not as nice or sturdy. Based on other reviews about color I was expecting something darker. I would say the color is on the ivory side. It has a very rich look. My house is full of antiques and higher end wood furnitue. I would say this bedroom looks expensive and fits in with the resf of the house. It has received a lot of complements. My only complaint is that the extension pieces that fit into headboard were extremely tight and to the point I wondered if they fit. With some work they did. I suppose this keeps the bed tight. I was also missing one washer in the end. Not a big deal.
Love the bed but it sits low to the ground. Can't put my under bed storage under it.. I was looking for a shabby chic looking bed & this one is perfect. It is cream color with some antiquing. It matched the other furniture I have perfectly.
Disappointed with this purchase. Bed is light weight, moves around on my tile floors. And it's definitely NOT white, and they made it look vintage/old with this dark brown color around the railings but it looks dirty !. I didn't want to disasemble so I kept it
It's VERY glazed - in many areas it looks very dark brown, and overall is much more glazed than we would like. This is not white - the brown glaze is everywhere making it look almost tan. That said, the quality for the price is fantastic. We're debating repainting it, but no regrets on the purchase - this is high quality, beautiful, and a good value too!