Let me start by saying I had very low expectations when I purchased AS SEEN ON TV VALENCIA GOLD ADHESIVE GRANITE - and my husbands expectations were even lower!!! But we are preparing a rental property for tenants to move in and since I always felt that the counter in one of the guest bathrooms was quite an eyesore, I gave it a try. I (all by myself) installed the AS SEEN ON TV VALENCIA GOLD ADHESIVE GRANITE and overall, the process was surprisingly quick and easy. For me, the most time consuming part of the task was all of the measuring, along with cutting out the hole for the sink/ faucet. Otherwise, the actual product went on beautifully. I used the tool it came with to squeeze out the air bubbles. Any really stubborn bubbles, I pricked with a tiny sewing needle, then squeezed them out, too. I did a 30" X 68" X 1.5" vanity top with a separate 3" X 68" X .5" back splash in about (4) hours (but I'm a crazy perfectionist, so I'm sure someone else could've done it much quicker!!!). I would recommend this product to anyone looking for an inexpensive way to update an older bathroom, basement, laundry room or maybe garage countertops. I plan to try out other colors and see what else I can do with it. Oh, and my husband, the ultimate cynic, LOVED IT!!!
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? The actual product, once properly installed, was pretty much identical to what was shown on the site.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description was very accurate.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I've only had the granite looking adhesive installed for a couple of weeks but so far, so good. We'll see how it holds up over time.
The product was relatively easy to install, even though it didn't stick initially on the edges. The next day, it was fine. So far, it looks very good. People, even experts think, I got new counter tops. Caulk and paint were easily scrubbed off without damage to the surface. However, i don't know how long the material will withstand daily use, especially along the seams.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? exact color match
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It seems good vinyl quality: thick and shiny
This is great stuff. I bought it to cover a cheap assemble yourself black painted kitchen Island I had purchased. The island had a soft painted black top which is stupid because you can't do anything with it. I had covered it with a piece of glass but dust got trapped under the glass and it always looked dirty. This faux granite was a great solution. It makes the rest of my countertops look shabby. I marked it 4 stars because I messed up the installation on one of the wrapped sides of the island. I think I overstretched it and when it shrunk back it doesn't totally cling to the fluted part of the edge. It's not overly noticeable though. Also, faux granite manufacturers...you have a great product and you are relying on these hideously shot, boring installation videos made by some of your customers!! If you made some professional installation videos and posted them on your website, it would help immensely. Your written instructions are confusing (wet method???) and your website videos are awful.
I think this product is great for a quick update. I was a little skeptical at first but after reading some of the reviews and watching a few videos I decided to order. It is a little tricky to work with, I did a small area with no help in less than an hour. You have to take your time and get all the air bubbles out. The corners are a little challenge, but we with the help of the video I did it. I didn't order enough so I couldn't complete waiting on my order. I would give it a try, I'm very picky person but I could live with this for awhile not a permanent solution but a great way to get a new look for less the costs of real granite.
My husband took a little of 8 hrs to put in. Followed the instructions explicitly. It looks just like a granite top. Love it!!!!!!!!!! He said to order the other design and he will change the top when I want a change.......how great is that......for less then a $***. :)
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Thicker then regular contact
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
Bought this to cover a moveable island! It matches my granite so much, that when the granite guy came by, he had to look at it twice. He knew he didn't remember placing granite on the island. Make sure that you have a heat gun to apply it to the surface.
I have been hearing about you about ten years am now ready to buy some things from you
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. trusted quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very good