This is a beautiful addition to my townhome. I can easily seat 8 with the leaf in place. The pieces are heavier than expected and feel very substantial and sturdy.It was easy to assemble, was very well packed, and had no damage or pieces missing.The actual color is a little redder than the picture shows, but still very oak color in nature. It fits in nicely with my other pieces in an open floor plan.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? A little richer in the reds than the picture
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Completely
I read all the reviews and went with it anyway. It will work for what we want, but I wish it was a little more brown than red.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Not good, The picture shows a nice brown, slightly darker than a natuarl (almost a golden oak), the product comes much darker and redish. Would think it is more like a cherry wood.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality seems to be good. Pretty heavy duty wood, not cheap plywood
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good except for color
The table is very nice and is a perfect size for a kitchen. It comfortably fits 4 and with the leaf would comfortably fit 6. It is too bad that you can't buy additional pairs of chairs if you want to seat more than 4 people. It is very well packed and fairly easy to assemble. It was unfortunate but my leaf came with one of the underside edges broken. Luckily, my neighbor is a carpenter and he was able to fix it and you can't tell there was ever a problem. It would have been unfortunate if I had needed to try to work out a fix through the company. I would definitely recommend this table. It looks great and is a very solid well made table and chairs. Just be aware that it is definitely darker than the picture (as all the other reviews also state) so if you are looking for an oak table - this is probably going to be too dark for you but it is still a very nice rich looking wood color. I would have given it an "excellent" review if the leaf had not been damaged.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? it was a much darker redish color than oak
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. This is a very well made and heavy wood table and chairs. The wood is well matched in table and chairs.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Aside from the color not being oak it was otherwise a very accurate description.
This is a quality set at an excellent price. I could not find a solid wood set of similar quality at stores, and I looked for a while. It was easy to assemble and looks great in my eat-in kitchen area. It also arrived within days of placing my order. This was my first purchase from Overstock, and it definitely will not be my last.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was darker in person but I had expected that from reading previous reviews.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent. Very solid and sturdy piece.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate.
I invited 10 people over for Easter dinner, and being a confirmed bachelor I didn't realize my small table, 4 chairs, and my 4 of everything else wasn't going to cut it, so I got right on Overstock and bought this table. I would have given this dinning set 5 stars except that the color is not Oak, it's more like cherry wood, but as I said above the color was fine for me and I think it makes the table and chairs look like they are better quality. The apron on the leaf was broken off, but I fixed it myself and Overstock gave me a very generous credit, the service was great. I used the chat function and it was a snap to work out the credit. The chairs are great, very nice style and sturdy. Assembly wasn't bad once I set up my ******, I don't think you want to turn all the hex bolts by hand. the hardware comes with a length of hex metal that fits in a drill or ******. I recommend you do this, but be careful that you don't cross thread the screw, and don't tighten all the way until you know the pieces are aligned. Otherwise very satisfied with the table.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color didn't match. It was supposed to be and Oak table but it's more like a Cherry Wood table, but I still like itl
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Seems to be very good quality. One of the aprons on the leaf was broken off, it was intact so I called Overstock and they gave me a very generous credit. I used to be a cabinet maker so i fixed the apron myself and it's just fine. I used to credit to buy a great set of flatware.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Again it wasn't Oak it's more like a cherry wood, but for me it still matches the decor in my apt, as a matter of fact I think the darker color enhances the quality of the table.
We needed a small - but expandable to large- dining room table for our daily use in our open kitchen-living room of our cabin style home. This table is PERFECT!! Without the leaf it is just right for four - eating, playing cards, and visiting 'round the table''. With the leaf it will comfortably seat 6 and with minimal tightening - can even seat 8! The table and chairs are made very solid and heavy- with a wonderful substantial feel to them. It was not difficult to assemble, . . . we are in our middle sixties and my husband and I did it together without a cross word between us!! :) From reading other reviews I knew the color was going to be a bit more burnished rather than oaken - but it looks great and works well with our furnishings. I called the company customer service to find out what type of protective sealant was used on the finish. (We have small grandchildren and I was considering applying polyurethane as a protective coating. ) Not only did I connect with a LIVE person on the second ring- but she (Meagan) was very helpful and knew the details about the product. She said not to use polyurethane as the set has an oil-based finish coated with lacquer and suggested adding a layer of lacquer for the extra protection I'm looking for. I asked what type of wood it is made from and was told it is Rubberwood. (It is called rubberwood because that is where latex comes from) . I looked up info on Rubberwood and found that it is one of the more durable lumbers used in the manufacturing of today’s home furnishings. Rubberwood has a dense grain character that is easily controlled in the kiln drying process. Rubberwood has very little shrinkage making it one of the more stable construction materials available for furniture manufacturing. It is eco-friendly also, because it is only cut down after the tree's production of latex diminishes, so it is not grown for the sole purpose of being cut down for lumber. In short, we are delighted with the quality, the appearance, and the size of this dining set. Overstock was super prompt with delivery, as promised, and the Home Collection company was terrific. We recommend this set without reservation!
A review I read, either here or another site, advised that the table is darker than pictured. This is what I was looking for, but just be aware it's not exactly as pictured. The furniture came relatively damage-free; there was a small chip in the wood top that we discovered after putting it all together. We glued it down and clamped it, and after I fill it in with some wood color it really won't be noticable. For the price, and the weight of the item, returning it wasn't really an option to me unless it was really defective. There were some drips in the finish, but mostly on the chairs, and really only in spots the average person wouldn't see while dining at my house. Anyone looking that closely probably doesn't deserve to be invited for dinner :) The set feels quite sturdy. The leaf is easy to take in and out. I feel like this set will give me a few good years. I wasn't looking for an heirloom to pass down, just something to get us through a few years of moderate use until we move on to the next house. You really can't beat the price, and it's priced best on Overstock from my research. I was also able to use a retailmenot.com coupon code to get an extra discount.
I was very surprised to see a split in the wood on the underside. I expected better from a product that cost $500. After we glued and clamped it, it seems to be fine. A quality control person should have seen this flaw before shipping it out.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? ok
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. there was a split in one of the wood supports underneath. we glued it rather than go through the hassle of shipping it back.
We received our table and chairs in perfect condition. It was fairly easy to put together and it's quite sturdy. We love it. It looks expensive. I love it. We are very pleased.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Almost perfect.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.
We are thrilled with this table and chair set; it looks gorgeous in our dining room. The table and chairs even came with coasters attached, which we appreciate. The leaf arrived damaged, but a quick on-line chat with the Overstock service department fixed that, and a replacement leaf will be sent. I have ordered furniture from Overstock before and have always been very satisfied.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is exactly what is pictured.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The tables and chairs are solid and well-made. It took a little time to put each piece together, but we had no problems at all.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.
Great piece and great value. We were looking for something affordable and high quality and this piece was a winner.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? True to color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very solid, heavy wood
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
Very nice, solid wood table and chairs. Chairs are sturdy and comfortable. Color is darker than in the photos, but I was prepared for that. My boyfriend put it together without much difficulty, but he is good at such things. I might have struggled some on my own, but still overall - not hard to put together. There are some small imperfections in the stain, particularly on one edge of the table, but we put that side up against the wall. Overall, I am very pleased with the quality of this set for the price. Overstock's service was excellent. Shipping was incredibly fast.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is definitely darker than what is shown on the site. It has more red tones in reality. The photo makes it look golden.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very good
We're very happy with this table. It was easy to assemble, and is quite sturdy. Nice for every day meals. It is perfect for four people without the leaf, and there's easily room for six with the leaf, maybe even eight (we haven't tried that yet). The design is simple yet attractive. A good value.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Has a very slightly more reddish tint than the photo.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very sturdy, attractive table.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description didn't make it clear that there was a removable leaf. We found that out by going to another site that carried the same table. (But it was much more expensive).
The table and chairs are real wood and nice quality, particularly for the price. Our table came with a small scratch in the corner, but we figure that's the price of ordering a table in pieces and not spending 1K (or more).
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality wood
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
Good quality. As other reviews have noted, color is more reddish than usual oak finish. Instructions for chair assembly could be better. Although it probably voided any warranty, I thought it appropriate to use wood glue on the unusual tenon joints of the chairs.