This roaster has decent weight but is considerably lighter than a cast iron roaster of equivalent size. It is cast well. The bottom and top pieces fit snugly and the roaster sits flatly on the cooking surface. It has a thin circular magnetic stainless steel plate pressed into the somewhat thick bottom of the roaster. This makes the roaster induction compatible. The interior surface of both pieces has a nonstick coating (nonPFOA Teflon Classic). The exterior surface of the roaster has an average to cheap spray painted coating that was not carefully applied because there was some slight to moderate overspray on the interior top edge of the bottom piece. The aluminum body of the roaster was not buffed or sanded very well after casting b/c machining marks and scratches are visible under the painted exterior surface. Although not mentioned in the product description the roaster comes with 2 removeable form-fitting silicone "gloves" that fit over each handle--a nice touch. The roaster heats evenly and cooks well.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? pretty close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. decent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
I was looking for a stew and roasting pan but this is not it. The lid doesn't even come close to fitting tightly and the handles and materials feel cheap. For the price you can do better. I returned it for a full refund and am still looking for something more substantial.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Not Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Poor
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Over stated