Everyone that visits admires this cabinet. I use it at our entertainment center w/the television hanging on the wall above. It's the perfect height. The remotes get put on the shelf just under the top and we always know where they are. I was able to adjust the shelves where I want them. NOTE: The boxes are heavy when they arrive and it does take some time invested to install the hardware and put it together. The worst part for us was getting the doors adjusted correctly - it seemed an excessive pain in the arse. Other than that the product is very strong, sturdy and stylish. It is NOT as dark as it appeared on MY monitor; so if it looks black on your screen - know that it is more dark dark brown. : )
This is going to be a lengthy review - cradle to grave. *** Shipping I was a little worried about this product showing up in good shape with all the pieces. The unit was meticulously wrapped and all the parts were included with some extras. I was disappointed that UPS left two giant boxes clearly indicating what it was and it was and labeled box 1 of 2 and box 2 of two. You would think they would have put it on my porch flat. *** Assembly It was a breeze to put together. One part had the same label as another part but it was easy to figure out from the picture. What I really liked about this company is that all of the screws are in little labeled baggies. Unlike other manufacturers who put their mini parts in a package with a picture on the back so when you open things spill or you rip the picture opening the package. *** Final Product The unit is exactly as described. I am completely happy with it. The quality is remarkable! *** Modifications I cut the back with as hole drill bit (used for installing doorknobs) to allow for cords (HDMI, power, RCA, etc.). This is used as a media center. I went to the auto parts store and bought medium tint because the glass is clear. Not really good for various electronics. All remotes work. I bought new knobs (dark brown with bronze color accents) because the silver ones that come with the unit really doesn't go with the room decor. *** Devices in media center Receiver, Roku box, digital cable box, digital clock, Wii (standing up with extra controllers standing up) subwoofer, wi-fi printer, XBox 360 (controller charger), open shelf has DVD player and a XBox Kinect. On the top shelf is a center channel and the Wii motion sensor bar. I still have room to add the PS3 whenever that shows up. That was not to "show off" but to give real world idea of the size and what it is capable of holding. If you plan to use this as a media center, measure your pieces, you should use a hole bit on a drill, a power drill for the screws to put the back on (not for other assembly steps!) Measure for location of holes! I hope this helps someone.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Outstanding build quality, especially for a product that has to be assembled.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Exact!
Not to sound like a broken record, but we, too, are supremely pleased with this purchase. Starting with the reviews- they helped make the decision to purchase this item along with two others. Six boxes arrived within four days and with a shipping charge of only $1.00! Unbelievable!! (I have been ordering by mail for years and just this year discovered Overstock. I always look there first as I have been so satisfied with the merchandise- even an item I ordered which didn't work and I got a full refund.) Assembly of furniture, while not complicated, is not for the uninitiated. My husband is good at this and patient, using blankets and towels to protect the pieces. There was only one piece that didn't line up (strange angle), but he was able to drill out a straighter hole. Once the pieces were assembled and arranged, I was just thrilled. They completely changed the look of our living room.
I have a lot of pretty dishes that I have accumulated over the years, including my Mother's wedding china, that was being stored in boxes. I wanted to get them out to be able to enjoy and use them but I have limited space in my dining room and wanted a china cabinet that was tall, not long like a buffet server. This is PERFECT for my needs. I spent most of one weekend putting it together all by myself... not bad for a 50-something single female!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent - just what I wanted
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
I read the other reviews for the products I ordered to know what to expect. I got 2 items. The 2-door buffet and the 4-door cabinet The 4door went together in 1 hr. but the doors were a little difficult to adjust. But all in all very happy with the items and the extra storage play
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was just the way it looked in the pictures
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. GREAT
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very
I was looking for the perfect cabinent/bookshelf to put under our new 50 inch Flat Screen Plasma TV that my husband hung on the wall. I needed the bookshelf to be at the most 50 inches wide and 60 inches tall. This bookshelf turned out to be exactly what I needed. The glass doors make it easy to put our TV equipment inside and be able to use the remote controls without having to open the doors.
My husband and I spent about 3-4 hours total, split over two evenings, putting this together. It was definitely a two person job and one of the more time-consuming pieces that we have put together, but the quality was very good- and heavy! My one complaint is that one of the fixed shelves had screw holes that were off by about half an inch, making the shelf not sit flush against the back. I'm sure it was just a fluke and it could have been fixed by drilling new holes, but it was still disappointing. Luckily the backing was flexible enough to put on around it sticking out a bit and you cannot notice it from the front. It looks great with my china inside and I have gotten nothing but compliments on it. When comparison shopping, this is definitely a value for the price.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? As described
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? As described
This cabinet is an excellent product! The directions were easy to understand and it only took my husband and me @ 35 minutes to assemble. The glass shelves are thick and adjustable. We are using this as a T.V./Wii component cabinet in our family room and we are able to keep the doors closed at all times while using the remote & controllers. This is a quality product-comparable to many that were twice the price in furniture stores!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent-sturdy construction, thick glass shelves
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Exact
Love, love, love Aristo furniture! Solid wood, nearly as hard as oak. This furniture is heavy and does not disappoint for the price. Does not scratch or dent easily. Sturdy when assembled, does not wobble whatsoever. If you love the photos, the pieces are even nicer and more expensive in person. A nice dark coffee brown, will go with many decors.
Great cabinet in the end, but get someone to help you put it together! LOTS OF WORK! We use this for our Blu-ray/DVD collection, as well as our media cabinet - we place our cable box and Blu-ray player in the shelf, and our sound bar on top - we hung our 55" flat panel on the wall above, and it all LOOKS GREAT! Love it!
very nice cabinet but not the easiest to put together! The instructions could have been clearer making it easier to put together. The camlock fasteners used to put the unit together aren't of the highest quality and break easily. They also don't supply the 4MM hex key required to tighten the camlocks (a wide flat blade screwdriver works in a pinch) so make sure you have one of those before you start putting it together. Overall, the cabinet looks good and we are pleased with the quality.
Received this item 2 weeks after ordering and found 2 large boxes on my doorstep. I thought it may be a nightmare to assemble, but my husband and I spent 3 hours on a Saturday afternoon arranging pieces and making sure we had everything. All items arrived undamaged and were identified with numbers and letters which made assembly very easy. Lots of pieces, but 3 hours later we had a beautiful piece of furniture that I know we will have for years. I was unable to find a local store that carried anything that even compares with the quality of this item. I would highly recommend this item.
I love my cabinet, it gives my living room such an elegance look, I just love it this furniture is one of those pieces that you keep forever, Excellent I am very happy with my purchase.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The acrual product in person is much better.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The product is awsome, heavy good quality wood, it is like the ones that you would pay thousands of dollars at those named stores.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
This is worthwhile with the money, a real wood product, not manufactured particle wood. Most of installation instructions are clear, except Part B. Also we need to drill smalls on the back panel (H?). Product arrived in less than five days without damage. Overall we are satisfied.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? as described in the ad; almost black
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
This Aristo cabinet looks wonderful. It match in color to another piece of furniture I purchased years ago from another store. (which is awesome) Assembly was far. I will complain about the camlocks. They kept breaking. I had to buy a lot of replacements from a hardware store. I feel the 'faux" wood does 'not' look that fake on this cabinet. It is a very dark brown/walnut color almost black. I have had the Aristo less then a month:FYI. Grand for the price since most local store are selling worst quality for more money.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Matched - nice and dark coloring
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. at this time the quality seems to be well done (except for the camlocks)
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
Assembly instructions were very easy to follow. All pieces were clearly marked. After unpacking and laying all pieces out, it took about 3 hours to assemble. Extremely sturdy and well made. We're using it as a bookcase in our office, but it could also be used as a display case in the living room. Love it!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact ~ matches our wood floor beautifully
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very sturdy and well engineered
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Quite accurate
My husband and I have purchased 7 different Aristo pieces over the last two years. We find this line to be very well constructed. I put this together myself and thought it was pretty easy (at least compared to pieces with drawer slides). I wanted some additional storage for glasses and serving pieces. I chose this because it is not very tall - I did not want a tall piece of furniture that would make the space feel smaller. Also, since it is not super tall, it provides an extra surface I can use to place a lamp, a wine rack, or maybe desserts, etc. when entertaining... I was a bit concerned because UPS called to say they were delivering but it was raining. Since we were going to be gone all the following week, I took a gamble and asked them to leave the boxes anyway. They warned me this was not a good idea but from previous purchases I remembered this line being packaged very well. The boxes were to be put on a porch with an overhang but there was the risk of the wind blowing rain onto the boxes. When I got home, about 6 hours later, the bottoms of the boxes were wet as well as 12-16" up the side of the box. I unpacked the boxes right away and was more than pleasantly surprised the pieces inside were not wet at all! Everything is surrounded by at least an inch of styrofoam keeping the wetness of the box away from the furniture. Still, I would NOT recommend taking delivery when it is raining. If the rain was even a little heavier or the wind was blowing stronger, the water could have definitely made it to the wood. As I was adding the last door, I did notice that there is a scratch in the glass. I have not yet contacted Overstock - we left out of town for a week right after getting the furniture and I actually forgot about it until I received the email reminder to write a review. It looks like it should be easy enough to replace just the glass - the whole door does not need to be replaced. There is also one small scratch on the edge of one door that we will fill in with a furniture pen. Overall, this piece has been a fantastic addition to our dining room. It looks really nice filled with my wine glasses and white serving bowls. We plan to get some puck lights to stick inside the cabinet.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Great
I purchased 1 of these for my living room to house our electronic components. It takes a while to assemble but well worth the cost. It fits perfectly in the room and the glass shelves inside are adjustable. Looks great and worth the price. GREAT buy!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very well
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very
It was simple to put together as long as you followed the directions.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. decent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
I like this cabinet! This is a quality product-comparable to many that were twice the price in furniture stores!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? as described
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? as described