This frame was such a hassle to put together, when we received it all the hardware was missing and when we finally got it, all the holes didn't line up. What should have been an easy hour set up became a 3 hour "project" to make this work! I like the style but it creeks and I wish I looked around alittle more.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? fine
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Poor
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? fair
Sort-of..... I would recommend this product to a friend with caveats. We are pleased with the finished assembled products...but there were significant "glitches" and disappointments in the process. We purchased the Cal-King "Arch-Flex: platform bed frame, and the Cal-King "Arch-Flex" headboard. The packing carton containing the bed frame arrived intact, but showing a lot of friction/rubbing and impact distress. The plastic bag containing the fastener bolts and nuts had ruptured and loose parts were rattling around inside of the carton. The tubing parts had rubbed against each other during shipping creating finish blemishes (which by "engineering" the assembly of reversible components were all hidden from view). But, the shipping packing was quite inadequate to protect the product during shipping. There was no inventory list of parts, and components were not identified. The assembly "instructions" were minimal and inadequate and consisted only of five or six photograph/illustrations with minimal narrative. The "Distributor" of the product has an on-line site but failed to respond to our email requesting additional assembly instructions. Basically, we had to figure it out and deduce the entire assembly. On line there is a "blurb" about "no assembly" and no tools required...but that is totally incorrect, tools are definitely needed, plus 4-hours of "sweat equity" assembly labor. There were holes in steel tubing and pre-welded nuts that didn't align for the fastener....the difference in location required new holes to be drilled. One has to be willing to do a lot of work and endure a lot of frustration to get this product completely assembled. But, once the product is finally assembled, it looks exactly like the marketing photographs on-line. We are VERY PLEASED with the finished assembled product, but we are not pleased with everything that we had to go through to get to that point.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? "Silver" color is accurate. The product appears to be a mixture of stainless steel tubing, and ordinary steel painted to an aluminum/"silver"/"stainless" finish.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is "adequate". There are manufacturing flaws, with mis-alignment of parts and fasteners. It is apparently a hand-crafted product, and apparently without much "quality control" inspection and review before the product is packed for shipping. The packaging is inadequate for the weight of the product and the roughnesses of large object shipping.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Not all that accurate, especially as to the "assembly" process.
I have had my all wood California King bed for about 25 years and after several long distant moves the wooden frame was giving way. This is a sharp good looking and sturdy frame, at a price that was unbeatable.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? 100%
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It is a good, strong and good looking bed frame
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? 100%