This piece is very interesting, eye catching and easy to mount. My only complaint about the product is the fuel does not last very long at all. I had read the previous reviews that discussed this shortcoming and chose to order anyway. I'm keeping it however, it's already paid for and hung on the wall. The fire doesn't even last an hour. We were entertaining a couple weeks ago and everyone came in and admired the fireplace. We lit it just before the first guest and it was completely out within the hour, that makes those bottles of fuel about $55 an hour, that is outlandish. This will be a very expensive candle holder.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. construction I believe is very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
We love the fireplace. It will serve as an emergency heat source as well as a beautiful addition to special occasions. It does get hot, however, and we are thinking about whether we should put something behind it. We did get a little soot, but we are also using an alternate fuel for cost efficiency.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Just as ordered
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Love it. Listened to other reviews and used different anchors to mount.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
The fireplace arrived in good shape. It was fairly easy to mount on the wall with the exception that my husband and I felt that it was grossly ineffective to hold the weight safely therefore we made a trip to the hardware store to upgrade it. Pros--it was very pretty and gave off some heat enough to take the chilll off of the room. Ambivalent- The brochure says five hours for a full-fill but to fill the basin full it took a liter of fuel and on high lasted MAX of 2 hours. Cons-It mounted correctly more heat goes up than out or down...therefore the heat is merely supplementary should not be used by any means as a replacement of a heater. Also---the flame DOES NOT look like the picture does not get that broad. It may get that high but ONLY have the fuel warms up (at least 30 minutes) the warmer the fuel the high the flames...but never that broad. After a few uses the device to slide over the burner to squelch the fire did not fit so snug and therefore did not extinguish the flames.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? fair
This is an average piece of furniture that could actuall be quite a classy piece with a few easy cost effective upgrades. I really don't think it is worth the price and could be bought cheaper at a local fireplace store or a store that sells them. This is a pretty heavy piece and I'm not going to attempt to hang it on my wall. If I had an exposed brick wall, it would be perfect and enhance the features of the fireplace as well. Unless there is a sturdy wall, I would find an alternative method to hang this piece.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It's a flat black, no luster ro sheen to it.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I didn't use it after looking at it and had to return the Bio fuel as well. I didn't order the burning fuel from your site, I bought it locally.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Dimensions were excellent, the weight is not on the site and should be. Very misleading.
I absolutely LOVE this fireplace. I purchased it in red, as my bedroom is leopard print with red accents. I wish overstock allowed at least 1 picture to be added along with a written review. I was a little disappointed in the fact that the red option was about $*** more than the black. Another issue; as a previous reviewer stated, the hardware included to hang this item is not sufficient, considering the weight. Fortunately for me, between my Fiancé being "handy" and me being an avid diy-er, we had the necessary items to hang it to where as though it would be nice and sturdy. I can't really comment on the issue of effectiveness regarding how well it heats a room or how long the fuel lasts just yet but honestly don't really care about either. I purchased this item mainly for aesthetic purposes and view it as a "decorative fireplace".