We purchased this fixture for our upstairs landing. We wanted something with just a little bling but not shiny silver contemporary chrome. This item fit the bill perfectly. It's striking because of the crystals but also understated and elegant because of the copper finish. The only thing is, some of the crystal strands had probably been shaken loose due to shipping, so I had to re-connect them to the frame, which was a little tedious. But all of the pieces were there and the fixture looks great where it is with exactly the look that we wanted.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes
- How is the quality of the product? Above average for what it is.
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Yes.
My wife and I have been looking for a flush mount fixture to place at the upper level hall above of our main stairway to match the one we currently have in our lower hall. We visited many lighting stores only to find that no one readily stocked one to our liking at a sensible price, and if we ordered from the store's catalog in most cases the price doubled. When we discovered this one at OS.com not only was it a perfect fit, the cost was substantially less than anything else we had researched beforehand. We were a bit skeptical about the eventual quality, but, decided to order it anyway realizing that it could be returned if not to our satisfaction. Well, what a pleasant surprise upon receipt. It has met every expectation or beyond what we were wanting. From our former search of likewise fixtures, this one is a true bargain! And, with just a little patience which is usually equally required with any other ceiling fixture installation that I have encountered during all my years, this one posed not a problem. Sure, it may be rather tedious connecting all the string crystals, however, at the bargain price paid and with it being shipped unassembled in a box what more can you expect? Buy it, you'll like it!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? correct
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. as expected
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? as expected
The 40 beaded chains are tedious to assembe and attach to the light's frames. The light cast on the walls is dappled with faint images of the beads. Otherwise, it is of good quality and looks good in a small room.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Same as described and pictured
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
I am putting the crystals on TWO of these products. Am not in a hurry so do about 15 lengths an evening. So far they look to be beautiful.. That of course will be after I can get an electrician in to install them
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? right on
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. looks to be great
This light fixture looks much more expensive than it was and looks great in my baby's girl's nursery. The metal has an aged brass look, which I love - just the right mix of rustic and bling. The crystals were a little time consuming to attach, but overall it was fairly easy to install.
I purchased 6 of these. The assembling was a bit challenging and time consuming for this many but I enlisted the help of family members. Luckily I didn't need an electrician to install them, my very capable husband wired each within 5 Minutes. And they look amazing. I especially like that the crystals reflected off the ceiling and hallway walls to illuminate the space even more. I very much liked the size of them as well. For the price, I would definitely recommend these. They remind me of a regal Hollywood era. Purchase these and you will be very happy with them.
This chandelier was one of my better purchases. It was relatively inexpensive and in my dining room it offers enough light for dining. It looks elegant, not overly flashy. I saw an antique fixture with this same design in a friend's home. I'm sure she paid a lot for it; mine looks nicer and the price was right. The only downside might be that it requires a lot of work putting it together, but I didn't mind. It only has to be done once. Also, I invited a friend to help me hard-wire it into the ceiling. He held the ladder and lamp, I connected the wires. I'm a woman and I did only a little homework and figured it out. (Yes, I've done this before and I am a scientist type.) If you don't know anything about putting in electrical fixtures, you will want to hire a professional to do it correctly.
I needed a new light for my bedroom and wanted something in crystal since my bedroom is the only pretty/womanly room in the house. When it came in my husband shook his head and said "It looks like something that came off the Titanic." Alright, that was exactly what I was going for :) It's decent sized, stringing it up is a bit time consuming but well worth it. It's dazzling while turned on, casts crystal shadows across the ceiling. Good amount of light as well. Great light fixture, not sorry at all I went with this one. It's a larger diameter than most from the home improvement store so it has greater presence for the same price.
Extremely happy with these lights and the price. I've bought many tiffany style lamps from overstock and have been pleased with most of them but these take the cake in terms of quality and value. Very happy. The only thing I would advise is that the description says they take 40 watts but the actual product has stickers that says they can take up to 60 watt bulbs. I had already bought the 40 watt bulbs and wish I could have the 60 watts for more light....
Delivered when promised; a bit of a challenge putting all the crystals together, but if you review the instructions first and pay attention, not too difficult. My granddaughters provided the extra hands needed and were very happy with their contribution. Lamp looks beautiful hung in small entry way, adds style and elegance.
I've been shopping flush-mount lighting for over a year, trying to find the perfect crystal light. We desired the sparkle, but didn't have the ceiling height for traditional chandeliers in the room they were needed in. I was disappointed in the "cheap" look of the crystal replicas I found even in "high-end" lighting stores and online. I ordered these fixtures because the picture seems to be nearest to the vintage look we were going for. Well, the quality of these beauties is really phenomenal, and the price unbeatable. I collect antique crystal chandeliers, and am thoroughly impressed by the craftsmanship and style. The color isn't as shiny and bright brass in person, it's a more muted realistic aged brass shade and very well done. The crystals are good quality for glass and there are so many on it! I was also impressed by the connectors of the crystals, as they are in the traditional bow-tie style (something that is so rarely done these days) and color match the piece perfectly. The only drawback for some, may be that you have to attach the crystals to the fixture yourself. I found it easy and the directions clear. With a savings of a few hundred dollars per fixture as far as quality is concerned, I didn't mind some easy labor. Still can't believe my good luck....Will be ordering more at that price!
Prettier than expected, I have placed in a smaller hallway and it really dressed up the hallway and looks lovely. Easy to assemble and install.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
The color actually works with my drapery rods which are an antiqued brass but this fixture it is definitely much darker than the photo suggests. The crystals are smaller than on some other fixtures I have purchased, and the crystal strands end with little round beads, which you can't really see in the photo. I don't love it but it is okay.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Mine is not bright gold like the photo but is darker and more dull like antiqued brass; it is not at all like a reddish copper color.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Aside from the color
I bought 2 of these chandeliers for my master bath and was surprised at how beautiful they were when I received them. Instead, I will use these fixtures for my downstairs hallway and purchase 3 more for the upstairs hallway. The metal is thick and has substance. The glass is nice and heavy. High quality for the price. The assembly was not so bad, as some of the reviews present. Once you get the hang of it, you can do it quickly. I had 2 fixtures fully assembled in about 1 hour. I am amazed at the transformation and presence they have created in my home.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? fair representation
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
The light is absolutley beautiful. Came in many pieces, butthe crystals are really nice, looks fabulous up.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? great
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. it is gorgeous
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? perfect
I wanted to get something to jazz up a small hallway and figured I would try this chandelier out. It is a little putzy in the assembly but not too bad. I installed it myself and it was not a problem.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
I must of gone on line at OVERSTOCK over 10 times, looking at this and other Flush Mount Lighting products. The Size I thought would be too big, not in depth but width. You have to put the Crystals on By Hand, I used a pair of small needle nose pliers & my reading glasses, and I first put the light fixture up then with a ladder put the crystals on last. Looks elegant in my front entrance hall. Thank You Big O!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Looks Lighter in color in Picture
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is good! But, the screws are not "Copper" Color. The ones that hold on the roses around the top rim? Same with the little Bolts on the upper inside? Listen, you do not even see them with the light on or off but being the perfectionist I am, I know a hardware store I think I can get some little bolts in the copper Color!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Exact.
I was looking for a bit of bling for the entry to our very manly cabin. This was the perfect solution. Yes, as another review stated, this requires the crystals be assembled, and this is done after the light is mounted. My husband completed in about an hour and every strand was perfect in length and installed as directed. I just ordered a second one to put in another hallway, it is a great value.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly as Shown
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. As Excpected
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good