In our kitchen renovations, I began looking at these lanterns for my kitchen island and found them on a number of sites for an exorbitant amount of money. I was thrilled to discover this one and even more excited when they arrived and they looked great. I've only been in my house a few weeks and already I've gotten a number of compliments on these lights and I've had people ask where I got them because they'd love something similar. I highly recommend these!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Not as much copper as it is black
I ordered three of these lanterns to hang above my kitchen bar and they look absolutely beautiful. They are very unique without being too flashy or dramatic. The value is excellent, as they look just like lanterns that come from more expensive stores. Keep in mind that when the lights are on, every fingerprint and dust particle is visible so they do need to be wiped clean often. In addition, these lanterns are very bright, even with 25W bulbs. I would recommend using a dimmer switch with these lights to adjust brightness, especially if you are looking for a more subtle glow.
I bought two, one to hang over the sink and the other over the peninsula in my kitchen. I only used 4 chains from the ceiling and they look great. Very, very nice quality. They are definately worth the money. I am so happy I purchased these. I plan to buy the larger one to hang in my entry way. This lighting can go with any style. I bought these to soften my modern kitchen and they look great!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color and product look exactly like the photo
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality. Absolutely love these lantern chandeliers. I bought two to hang over the sink and the peninsula in my kitchen.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description is very accurate
Couldn't be more pleased with this purchase! I put it in my foyer (which is very small). My husband had no issues installing on his own. I get compliments all the time! Love it for price, quality and design, this is a no-brainer buy!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exactly as shown
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? perfect
I purchased 3 of these lantern lights to hang above my kitchen island. I absolutely love the look and so does everyone else! Very "Pottery Barn" looking for half the price.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfectly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Seems like an excellent quality product.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.
The fixture looks great in my entry way. It is a small entry way with tall ceilings. Just make sure the bulbs you buy for it aren't too bright or it can be blinding. We started out with 60 watt reveal bulbs and it was hard to look out, we switched out for 40 watt frosted bulbs and it was much better. Looks great!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? as expected
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Looks like good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
The oil rubbed bronze finish is done nicely. The glass globe has a couple air bubbles in it, but I like that look. What I was most impressed with was the chain has clips on each end so that when I adjust the length of the chain I don't have to worry about bending the last link back together. The clip ensures that all the links are perfect. The light is better than I expected and I am now considering purchasing the larger one to hang in the foyer.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I am very pleased with the quality of this light. It was packaged extremely well for shipping, too.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Spot on
Great look and relatively easy to install. The glass is difficult to keep clean and the installation gets tricky when trying to tighten the pendant to the ceiling because the cord tangles up quite a bit. BTW, 60w bulbs for this are way too bright if going for softer look.
The shaft in the middle hangs crooked and there is nothing I can do about it. The instructions were terrible though- tons of mis-spelling and not very detailed. Probably would have returned it if I didn't get such a good deal on it- it's just "ok."
I placed 3 of these above my kitchen island to replace the builder grade pendant lights that were there when we moved in. They give character to the kitchen. We do take them down to clean them once a month, but it only takes a few minutes. I spray and wipe them down and then shine with a piece of newspaper. Amazing for the price.