I love this light, in fact I purchased two of them! I am a picky person and researched for weeks. I swear this looks exactly like the light at the PB. The light is heavy and well made. I have one hanging over my kitchen island and one in my master bath over a clawfoot tub. I have 10' ceilings and still had to remove some links of chain, so if your ceilings are lower than that. you may not be able to hang it with much chain showing. I still think it would look good. If you are thinking about ordering this light, do it! You will not be sorry. It's stunning and would look great in a modern setting since it has so much glass and equally as well in a vintage setting (like mine) since it resembles a big glass jar. Enjoy!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? From a distance, the finish appears more black than copper
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is excellent and was a breeze to install
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Pretty goo
As other reviewers noted, this looks pretty darn similar to the Hundi Lantern on another more expensive company's website. I really like the way this looks hanging in my stairwell, but when I showed it to my husband, his first words were "bug catcher" and it pretty much is. It's easy to unhook the 3 prongs around the bowl and clean the bugs out, but its something to think about if you are considering this light and how high it will be, how much trouble it will be to clean it out regularly. Assembly and installation were super easy, overall, I'm very happy with it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good picture
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. sturdy, easy assembly
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
I was excited to find an inexpensive substitute for a spendier lamp to hang over my kitchen island. Just as other reviewers have said, I had to gently bend the 'candles' to appear more upright-- no big deal. My issue is that the glass does not fit snugly in the ring so I had to spend time moving the glass 'slightly to the left' and 'a smidge to the right' so that the candelabra is centered in the glass. It looks like it came off the scratch and dent shelf unless you get the glass perfectly centered, which I haven't managed yet on one of the lights. I am developing patience though.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color matches picture but I wouldn't call it copper, more black
I bought this light fixture to hang over my kitchen sink. I love it so much! I get tons of compliments and it really brightens my my kitchen. Before this fixture, we just had a recessed can light and this puts off so much more light in the entire room. It is beautiful. I can't say enough wonderful things about this product. I would buy it again in a heartbeat. Extremely fast shipment, all pieces & parts were there, easy to install. If you're on the fence, buy it now! You won't be disappointed.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect Match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent Quality, looks wonderful
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
Love how it looks! I have been wanting to get this from Pottery Barn ever since I saw it but it was so expensive. It lived up to my expectations.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It looked like the picture.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It was good. There were a few impefections in the glass but really can't tell when hanging up.
I had previouly purchased this product at XXXXXXXXX but when we moved i could not take it with me. Found this same one on Overstock and was a little leary about buying it from this kind of website....but when i got it I was very impressed with it. Just as good as the XXXXXXversion but ALOT less! Am very pleased with my purchase.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? great match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
I fell in love with lighting that looked just like this on another site but I was going to pay almost $800 after you factor in tax and shipping for two. I came on overstock just looking around and found this Chandelier here and oh my lord I couldn't tell the difference between the one on the other site. I said a prayer and ordered really fast! Because it was my first purchase at overstock I wasn't sure if the item was going to come in looking cheap or not. My package arrived in perfect condition and when I opened the box I was in LOVE! The reviews are right about the glass being hard to get into place but the product is stunning so moving around the glass didn't bother me at all. Oh don't forget to clean out the glass before you hang it because since it is a nice clear glass you will see all of your finger prints.;-) If you are thinking about getting this item don't think just order it now before they are all gone and you have to pay the high price at the "other" store. xoxo, Jeanna very happy customer! Just placed my second order for a rug wish me luck!
We absolutely love our chandelier. It looks great and was such a good price. I had seen an almost identical chandelier in a well-know catalog of home furnishings. I feel in love with it but the price wasn't out of this world. So pleased to have found this one on Overstock! On a side note, we did have some trouble with the wiring. The wires were too short to install so we had to do some rewiring...so glad my hubby is handy.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It was black like it stated.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Measurements were accurate.
I have been wanting this particlar light for years, but could never afford it from the "other" provider. This light is practically identical to it. The only problem I have with it is the actual light part of it is not centered. It leans more towards the left against the glass. The light was bigger than I anticipated, but is very well made. I had to switch the lights out because they were so bright. Soft white bulbs fixed that. I am pleased with it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Excellent
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Spot on.
We just built a house and I designed my kitchen based on one on the houzz website and I saw these lights on there. They were listed from ******* **** but so many people commented saying the same exact ones were on overstock for a fraction of the price. So glad I found these on here. I am obsessed with them! They look amazing in my kitchen!
Arrived in perfect condition. Very well packaged. Fixture was larger than I imagined (which I was happy about). Looks great in our dining room. Half the price of PB. Looks exactly like it. Great value.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Right on with photo.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Best packed light fixture I have ever bought. Quality is very good.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very.
THIS CHANDELIER IS JUST PERFECT WITH MY KITCHEN REMODEL. I WAS AFRAID I WOULD NOT FIND ANYTHING TO CO-ORDINATE WITH THE THREE HANGING BELL SHAPED LIGHTS OVER MY ISLAND. THIS IS SO PERFECT YOU WOULD THINK I BOUGHT THEM TOGETHER. IT IS AGELESS. I LOVE IT. BONNIE WASHINGTON
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? PERFECTLY
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. BEAUTIFUL
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? EXACTLY
Package was great. Easy installation was easy. Only took a hr. Oh I'm a girl with a nursing degree not a electrition.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Highest quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
Great Lantern but way too large for what I wanted. Had to return and process was very smooth and easy. Love shopping Overstock!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Was accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
I ordered two of these gorgeous ** knock-offs to replace the flush-mount lights in my hallway. My ceilings are 10 ft, so I removed the entire length of the chain using only the clips at either end to attach the fixture to the canopy. The only extra tools you would need to do this are wire cutters and wire strippers. With this easy modification, they now hang about 32" from the ceiling. Installation was easy, even by myself. I will offer a tip if you complete this project alone- when installing the glass portion, I looped each of the 3 chains over a pair of scissors so I could hold them together and wore work gloves for grip. I could just see myself losing hold of the heavy glass at the top of a 6ft ladder! I followed another reviewer's tip and used a level to straighten the glass by fiddling with the way it sits in the metal band. It's a bold look for my hallway and I couldn't be happier with them!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? matches
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Thick glass shade with minimal flaws, antique bronze finished metals, high-end appearance
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? same
I bought six of these lights (one for the foyer, one for the dining room, one over the kitchen sink, and three over the kitchen island). I can't begin to tell you how much I love these lights. They are classically beautiful, and emit just enough light to be practical AND gorgeous. These lights are also substantially lower cost than the identical Pottery Barn version, but I can't imagine that the quality is any less than the PB inspiration piece. I'd totally recommend these lights.
The Lantern is definitely impressive and seems well built. Time will tell, on the quality of the metal. My concern before ordering was that this light would be too big for a 15 x 15 room with an 8 foot ceiling. While it is large and impressive, WOW definitely makes the statement we wanted over our dining room table. It's not a fixture for general lighting in a hallway or a 8x8 bathroom, as you can't walk directly under it, unless you have 10 -12 foot ceilings. Trimmed down to only two links it hangs about 2 1/2 feet above our dining room table, which is exactly what we wanted. Warm, beautiful, impressive and well built. You won't be disappointed. The complaints about having to adjust the lights in the fixtures are true, but normal with any lighting. They just need minor adjustments to make sure they are perfectly aligned.
First let me say I love Overstock.com, I have bought several items and have yet to be disappointed. I decided that I wanted to change the pendant lights in my kitchen but I wanted something that would look different. I bought two and these lights look amazing! The Chandelier is quality material, it looks expensive and for the price it was a true bargin. I love them so much I bought one more and now I have three amazing looking lights in my kitchen. If you are hestiating on buying this don't, you won't be disappointed.
I had my eye on this light for YEARS somewhere else and just could not fathom spending the amount of money they were asking...THEN when we were in the process of building our house, someone recommended I should check out Overstock...I saw the exact same lights at Overstock and I was able to get two for the price of one that the other place was asking! I have had these lights hanging over my kitchen island now for a year and half. The quality is great and they light up my kitchen beautifully!!! I would recommend these lights to anyone!
This is a really nice light fixture if you are trying to find a value version of the one available at PB. It is probably from the same factory in China. Just note that it is REALLY LARGE. Not a good choice for over an island. This one is more of a chandelier than a pendant. There is a smaller version that is perfect for over an island.