We purchased these for use on our solid surface, cast iron Jenn Air stove top and they are great! Not only are they very pretty, they heat up evenly and much faster than our old set. I am very happy with this purchase and recommend them!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
This is a very nice set of cookware. This cookware set if properly cared for will last for generations. Being 5 ply they heat up evenly and retain the heat well. It can take up to 5 minutes to reach the desired temperature so, a little patience is in order if you are used to thinner cookware that heats faster such as cast aluminum. Note that only the bottom heats up and not the sides, this has the added advantage of heating food evenly rather than burning the dish on the edges while the center is still warming up. Most newer 3 or 5 ply cookware sets follow this design too. They will work on electric, gas and induction stove tops equally well, the induction being a plus since not all brands can handle induction very well. These are regular stainless steel, they do not have a non-stick coating. However for frying I have found that if you preheat them properly and then apply a thin layer of oil or butter that food will not stick. Some have argued that you can season a stainless steel skillet just the same way you would an iron one but, I have found this to be tricky and largely unnecessary. By following proper cooking techniques for using stainless steel you should have no problems with food sticking to this set. While I wish they came with glass lids so that you could see what was cooking inside the pots, the choice of solid steel lids will no doubt extend its durability since, if dropped, they will not shatter. I would definitely recommend this to others and it makes an excellent gift for the aspiring cook.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent Overall
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
Very nice set of cookware. Well built and perfect weight. They do discolor a little bit with use but its ok, these are very nice and well worth the price.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very nice quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? perfect
These are great pans. They heat up well and conduct the heat nicely. I love how the lids have an inverted ridge that nests down inside the pan. This makes them less susceptible to sliding off. It would have been nice if the lids were glass, but that was not one of my biggest priorities. I also thought it would be nice if the pots had spouts for pouring, but actually, as it turns out, the inverted bell shape of the pan makes it so that the contents of the pan pour out really nicely. They don't run down the outside of the pan in the opposite direction of whatever you're trying to pour into.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? fairly accurate - doesn't make it clear that the product doesn't have non-stick coating. I didn't want non-stick coating, but I had to seek confirmation that it was not non-stickelsewhere.
The reason I got this 10 piece set was that I just bought an Induction stove and needed a set of pot the are magnetic or they will not work at all, and do they ever work well. The stainless steel & copper looks great,and easy to clean. The only thing I would like better is if they had glass tops as I like to be able to see the food while cooking with out opening the top. I think they are the BEST set I have ever had!!
The pans look really nice (which is important when they are hanging from a pan rack, right?!). They are of a good quality - nice and heavy and they clean up well after use - even from MY cooking (I can burn anything!). The only irritation is that one of the pans was damaged when it arrived (it has a dent in the side) and we didn't notice this until after we had used a couple of the pans. When I called O.co about this, I was told that I couldn't return them as they have been used - and I couldn't return the individual pan as they come as a set. :0( Other than that - love them!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color and appearance was as per the pictures.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The pans are great but it's disappointing that one of the pans has a ding in it. We only discovered this after we had used a couple of the pans and so couldn't return them.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
the anolon pans are working well. i expect them to hold up for a long time. shipping was accurate and timely.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color agrees
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. quality appears to be good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? description was accurate
I wish I had spent about $$$ more. I am an avid, everyday cook, and need good cookware. I read the all of the glowing reviews, and tried to save a bit of money. The one review I wish I had paid more attention to was the weight of the sidewalls. These pans have great bottoms and heat convection, but they are thin overall. Now, that being said, weighty bottoms and heat convection are the most important feature of a pan. So if I could have, on first assessment, I would have given 4.5 stars. My concern is longevity. Thin sidewalls make me wonder what these pans will be like 10 years down the road. And yes, you should expect to get 10 years out of a good set of cookware.
These pans make for a delightful cooking experience. Nonstick, stylish, classy, cookware that makes you feel like a professional chef in your own kitchen. Sizes are very practical. Hanging out in then open is where they belong. Too nice to hide in the cabinets. The compliments just keep coming. You would expect to pay two or three times the amount they cost for such craftsmanship .Love, love, love them. You won't be disappointed.