I think Anolon is always a good value. First experience with Stainless and it is fine - mostly nothing sticks to it, but if I am not attentive and leave the heat on too long, Barkeepers Friend cleans it right back to like new. I am using it on an induction surface and am very pleased with it. I would have preferred that the handles remain cool to the touch, but using a potholder is not so much to ask.
I love this Dutch Oven.. Its the perfect size for so many dishes I make. The heavy-duty glass lid seals tightly. The riveted handles are solidly attached. It heats up quicker than any other pot I have ever had. The design and quality are amazing. I wish I had gotten this Dutch Oven years ago. Highly recommend it. I think it's time to get the whole, matching set.
I got a great price on this! I checked online & these indeed are usually quite expensive! I wanted some updated cookware--with the glass lid, etc. (My old one is the typical Revereware.) This came well-packaged. It looks well-designed. It is smaller & more shallow than my old dutch oven at 4 qts, which I "missed" when ordering. But I decided the price was right, the quality right, & I'll find new ways to use this smaller version. I'm happy with this.
I was so excited to see this arrive, as I'd been wanting one for a long time. I got it out of the box and was very surprised at how heavy, sturdy, AND attractive it really is! Unfortunately for me, due to medical issues, I had to give it to my daughter as I knew it would be hazardous for me to lift it if full of food. She's thrilled with it as well! Hated to let it go, but it's in a good home with an amazing cook.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? it was a sort of light brown but with a very attractive look
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Outstanding quality! VERY heavy, solid, rivets and handles all firmly attached
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? 100%
We are in the process of purchasing the cookware that we actually want - one piece at a time. Since I'm not a bazillionaire, I tend to look for quality cookware that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. I'm willing to pay more for the performance that I need - but don't want to break the bank either. I had never heard of Anolon before shopping on Overstock. My first Anolon piece was a 12" frying pan. It was exactly what I had been searching for. So when we were shopping for the next most essential piece we needed (a dutch oven) I returned to Anolon & have not been disappointed. We do not want non-stick cookware and have chosen stainless steel. This cookware looks great & performs wonderfully. It's easy to clean - I handwash mine & have never had a problem with food sticking. I have occasionally used the dishwasher. I don't prefer to, but it's nice to know that it is an option. I have not had any issue with the cookware in the dishwasher. The cookware is sturdy, nice and heavy, distributes heat evenly, is easy to clean & has a beautiful appearance. One thing to keep in mind is that the handles on this piece are not "stay cool." They do get hot. It would be nice if they didn't, but isn't a deal breaker, I still love this pot and would buy it again.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact color match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent Quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate description
Purchased the 10 pc. set a few months ago and needed a smaller piece for stews and chili. These anolon pans are the greatest, especially since I can put them in the dishwasher. Had calfalon pans for many yrs. but always had to wash by hand. Purchased this pan and the set for my new induction range. If you have to have electric, try the induction range.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Looks just like the picture on the monitor.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality cookware.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description of product matched the actual pan.