I was looking for a 10" stainless steel frying pan to replace my old one and this one was listed as 10". However, the useable bottom of the pan is only about 8 inches and it flairs out to 10 inches. I already had an 8" pan so I was very disappointed in this pan, especially for the price I paid. The quality and finish of this pan is excellent and if it had been a usable 10 inches I would have been very happy with it.
I have a 3 qt. pot and an 8" pan at home and have used them for several months. I can't think of one negative thing to say about them. You don't need oil to cook with, the surface is not a coating so it won't scratch off and get in your food, and clean up is a snap. I liked these so much I bought a 10" pan for my step mom for her birthday. She had a coated teflon pan that should have seen the dump years ago. She used her gift several times while I was visiting and she loves it. One word about Overstock: the ship price is a plus. Most places would have charged an arm and leg. O'stock only took a pinky finger.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Right on
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It is the best I have ever had
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate word for word
Love, love, LOVE these frying pans. I have 3 of them now: the 8 inch, 10 inch and 14 inch. I almost want to buy a 12 inch too, but I'm trying not to get carried away. But you will love the experience. They are very easy to use and clean; no sticking, no muck, just pure ease in making delicious food.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Wonderful; easy to use
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Exact
The oven safe handle is really impressive. Comfy and soft. The pan has a heavier weight than the Calphalons that I'm used to. The non-stick wraps to the exterior of the pan so cleanup is effortless. I haven't noticed any flavours imparted by the non-stick and nobody has had an adverse reaction to it. My bird hasn't died from the fumes (yet?) but I keep an exterior-venting fan on while cooking.