This is a solid, well made, standout piece--great for the price. The scale of the seat and back and fabric pattern means it totally dominates our living room (and it's not a small room). The overall effect is more casual than it looks in the photo, though; the chenille fabric somehow says "playroom" rather than "parlor." It's comfortable, especially for large guests or kids who like to pile on each other or cozy up to a parent. Too soon to tell how durable it is.
I bought a pair of these chairs for my Mom. She'd been eyeing the fabric for some time and when we'd look for chairs, she'd always go back to these...we were updating a small area off her living room and these fit perfectly. The fabric is nice, the style is modern - but could fit in any room, the chairs are comfortable and the slight wrap makes them more than just armless chairs (a concern my Dad had - he likes them too)...I would recommend these chairs.
I purchased this chair to go in my black/white casual living room. It would have looked great, but there was a problem with an undrilled hole and spme of the bolts would not thread. Overstock was great when I called, and offered to exchange it, but I was concerned that a replacement would have similar issues, so I opted to return it instead. It may have been a rare occurrence, but I'd advise the following to anyone buying this chair: (1) Have another person available to assist with assembly - it's pretty tricky for one person, and this chair is fairly big and somewhat unwieldy; (2) Be aware that the back and seat do not come attached. I had the unfortunate experience with the bolts, but even if they had worked, I would worry about the long-term stability a bit. I do wonder how it would hold up under a sturdy person or someone who liked to lean way back in their seat. The fabric was attractive and it would have made a bold statement, however.
Love this chair! It's a very suit-y, sophisticated accent, dramatically cheerful without the girliness of a floral or random print. Looks and feels like something that costs a whole lot more.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was exactly as expected.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality seems good, fabric is tight and well sewn.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very.
OMG. I stalked these chairs for months. I just love the personality that they have. They alluring and comfortable. I pleaded and begged my husband for them. I even began saving up for them myself but was too chicken to make the purchase. My poor sweetie finally got tired of me looking sad without them in my life and surprised me with ordering two of them. I ABSOLUTELY love them. They currently reside in my living room. They awaken my other accent peices and are just what I wanted. My only fear is due to a comment that I read in the reviews from a previous customer about the stiching and the durability of the chair. They seem pretty comfortable to us. I did imagine the backs being a bit higher than they are-though they are a good height(I just love GRANDE things-LOL). One of my legs does seem to be a little shorter on one of chairs and causes a slight rock but this can easily be corrected-I think. It is certainly not a reason to return the chair. There were an incompatible hole and screws in both chairs but they are sturdy enough without the missing ones. All and all I am very excited and pleased with the new additon to my living room!!!!! I think they add flavor and life to anywhere that they are placed.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? I loke the color. It looks black and white on the site but its more black and cream. It has great personality.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality of the product seems too good to be true. I was leary of the stitching due to previous comments but it seems durable for now.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? description is accurate. It is a Grande size.
I have been eyeing this chair for a while now. I finally decided to purchase it and I am very happy that I did. This is an accent chair that makes a statement of it's own. The quality of the chair for the price I paid for it is amazing. It's so beautiful, I won't even let anyone sit on it (especially if they are an Anti-Alabama fan). But the chair is very comfortable and will complement any room. I truly recommend this chair to any and everyone who loves the this pattern. Roll Tide!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly like the picture
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Top Quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very Accurate
Bought one of these and then bought another one. So comfy and great for watching tv. They really go with my country French black and white décor.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? creamy white and black.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? acurate