Though looking to get 2 chairs, I purchased only one after reading mixed reviews of the color of the fabric. After opening up the box and putting it together (pretty quickly by myself), I ordered a second. The chairs are comfortable enough - not exceptionally so, but nice enough to sit on for a movie or football game without issue. These chairs look great! Clean lines with a bit of piping detail on the sides and nice origami like folds at the shoulders. The fabric itself is a cream (slightly on the yellow side), with copper, gold and nickel colored circles that are shiny, but not metallic. The fabric did fray a little in a pillow corner, but a quick snip and it's unnoticeable. After purchasing these, I saw the same fabric used (in a blue instead) on Devine Design. Bonus!
One of the reasons I shop Overstock is because of the loyal customer reviews, they have never steered me wrong. I just received the Anna Asian Fan chair today and couldn't be happier. My sister and I had it out of the box and fully assembled in less and 30 minutes. I had read reviews saying it was difficult to put together but we didn't seem to have trouble getting everything to line up. The fabric has a slight sheen to it, I think it's beautiful and works well in my room. It's a golden ivory with beige, pewter and deeper golden brown circles. If you are looking for a "cooler" tone you may not like it but if you are looking for warmer beiges it's really nice. Very comfortable to sit and read a book or watch tv. I'm thinking about buying a second one I just have to make sure I have the space. I would say it has a slight Asian influence, my room isn't Asian at all but it still works perfectly. Thank you Overstock fast shipping and superb product especially for the price! I saw a chair with the exact same fabric at a furniture gallery, the chair was $699!
I bought two to go in my living room. The chairs were easy enough to assemble. I was a little disappointed with the weight limit of 250 because that means I have to worry about my guests sitting in it. My husband is 6'5" 240-260 depending on if he's running or lifting, and he knows he isn't allowed to sit in it, but for guests... that isn't really a topic of conversation you want to have... " sorry, you can't sit there. You look a little too heavy." Another issue I had was that one of the chairs had a premade screw hole that was a little off, so when I finished putting in the rest of the legs it was a little wobbly. It isn't very noticeable because we have carpet and people don't sit in it often but I can tell when I sit there. The seat cusion feels nice but don't lean back in this chair. It doesn't see sturdy enough to lean back in. Overall, the chair looks very pretty and acts as a great accent to my livingroom. The chairs are pretty light so it is easy to move them around. This wouldn't be a sit in everyday chair for me, but more of a decorative chair that people can sit in if needed.
Love this chair we bought , couple of days back. Shipping was free !! and these are a steal at this price.. have been looking for an Accent chair for a long time , and have seen all major furniture outlets .. but this one stands apart ... Very Comfy and elegant looking !! ... I would definitely buy another one , if I move to a larger apartment
I've purchased lots of furniture from Overstock for use in our model homes and staging business. This is the first item I haven't really liked. The fabric looks cheap, gold and tacky, sort of like a material that one of the Golden Girls would wear, or someone's grandmother's mumu. Also, the screw holes on the chair back did not line up at all, and after messing around with it for an hour, I just ended up drilling new holes and using some heavy duty screws of my own. But it was shipped quick!
I BOUGHT 2 OF THESE CHAIRS FOR A READING CORNER THAT WOULD ONLY BE USED OCCASIONALLY. THEY TURNED OUT TO BE JUST WHAT I WANTED, AND THE PRICE WAS UNBEATABLE!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? just what i was looking for, and exceptionally reasonably priced
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. the quality is medium grade, but again, for the money this chair is great
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? seems larger than pictured
It's a very pretty fabric, a bit shimmery, but the quality is not as high as expected.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? yes
- How is the quality of the product? a little lower than expected
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? yes
the chair came with the 2 hind legs pre-attached at different (asymmetric) angles, so that when the front legs were screwed in as part of the assembly, the chair was very wobbly, with a gap of at least 3/4" between the highest and lowest legs. switching the front legs, moving the chair onto a different surface--nothing helped. the hind legs were not adjustable. this clearly seemed like a manufacturer defect that should not have cleared quality control. also the fabric is not 100% cotton as claimed--it felt and looked like some kind of polyester/nylon fabric. the chair was returned--overstock arranged a UPS pickup and issued a refund about a week later. very helpful customer service--the best in the business for discounted furniture.
I love this chair and will probably order another if they are still in stock. Every person I have had in my condo has said something about how much they like it. My colors are all naturals and I have plants in the room too and this beautiful greeney, gold fabric blends all my colors together in one piece. Its quite comfortable too. Another review said that this piece looks too short next to a standard couch and I completely DISAGREE. I have a standard, leather sofa and a ***** daybed in the room and the chair is the same height and fits well in the room. It was easy to put together and I was sitting in it about 15 minutes after I opened the package. Great, great purchase!!
This chair is really nice. I had priced the fabric that is on the chair at Calico Corners and it was $39 per yard!!! I only paid $130 for the chair which had to require 3 yards at least. What a buy!!!!! Elongstreet
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The Same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It is good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very.
I purchased 2 chairs to match a sofa in my formal living room. The chairs match perfectly! They are easy to put together and are comfortable.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The colors matched well with what appears on the site.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The chair looks much more expensive than what it actually is. Great product for the price.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate description.
An attractive chair. It requires assembly. Directions, parts and tool are provided and easy to follow. Took a some adjustment to get one leg balanced with the others, but the final outcome is very satisfactory. Very good product for the price.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Identical
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Sturdy construction
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
This is a stunning piece of furniture. At first glance on the website, I thought it would be much smaller in scale. In fact I was worried that it would be too small - almost ornamental vs. useful. Much to my surprise and delight, this chair is very ample in size. It comes in two main pieces, which you screw bolts in to join, and then you attach the four legs. Very easy to assemble and within minutes you have a focal point for your room, which looks like you paid $300-400 for. A piece of furniture I'm sure you will just fall in love with. Overall fabric has a slight sheen to it, which eludes sophistication and grandeur.
I just received this chair a few days ago. It arrived unassembled. I was able to get the front legs on with no problem. The back part of the chair, which the legs are attached to, has to be attached to the seat with six bolts. Not all the bolts line up and I was only able to attach three bolts snuggly. One bolt won't even thread into the hole and the other two will not secure down all the way. This chair sits very low to the ground. The front legs are 7 in long and the back legs are 5 in long if that gives you an idea of how low this chair is. The chair itself is very wide and quite beautiful. I thought the color was quite accurate to what is pictured and it has a gold cream tone to it. I would recommend this chair just because of how it looks but the assembly quality is lacking as far as bolts lining up and not threading all the way. It is comfortable to sit in and I use it as an accent chair in my bedroom.
The color, finish and material matched exactly to the only image. The only problem is that the chair sits a little lower than what we expected. Not very comfortable to sit in.. It looks good with our sofa and that's all we wanted, so good for the price we paid.. They can redesign the chair to be more comfortable though..
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact color and good finish with the right fabric..
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The assembly was easy, finish looks very good.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The chair sits a little lower than what we expected.
I had my doubts when ordering this chair since this was the first time I had ordered something like this from Overstock but was pleasantly surprised when I received it. It was a little tricky putting the legs on and leveling it but finally got it right and it is worth it. Love the chair fits perfectly in the spot I have it in. Very comfortable and attractive.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color is close just doesn't show the sheen that the chair has.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very nice for the money
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
2 years ago I had various custom window treatments made from the exact same fabric so I couldn't believe I found this matching chair! Was not too complicated to assemble and feels very sturdy. I put a solid color pillow on the chair as well to accent the different shades in the fabric. The overall pattern is busy but the colors are very neutral and mellow. I got in on a sale and had a coupon code for new buyers so the chair was a steal. I don't consider this a lounging chair so much as an occasional / accent piece ...It's not UNcomfortable but I prefer more back support for a long sit, like a movie. I don't know how well this thick but delicate fabric would hold up to kids...but I don't have any so no worries here. All in all...great chair for a great price that just happens to be an exact match to a very nice quality fabric (purchased from a drapery & upholstery fabric store for over $$ per yard on sale!) already in my home.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? the color was exactly as expected
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality, feels sturdy
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? the online description was accurate
This is a very nice, rich-looking piece of furniture. It is a nice size and is fairly comfortable for an accent chair. Getting it together was a bit tricky -- instructions siad to get the dowels to fit into both pieces before screwing together -- because of the thickness of th cushion it was impossible to get the dowels to align, so I just let the screwing-together process pull both pieces onto the dowels. Worked just fine. This is my first purchase here and I'm completely satisfied.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very close, but more "shine"
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very Good
Nice chair, exactly the way it looks on line is the way it looks at home. my 10 year old likes, she calls her chair...I would recommend.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? great
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
The chair arrived promptly with two problems. The seat cushion had a run, and the machined assembly holes did not line-up well. I called customer service, explained the problem and was told that a replacement cushion would be sent out after an inspection. It arrived in three days with no runs and assembly holes that lined up perfectly.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Perfectly!
- How is the quality of the product? Perfect the second time around.
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Yes!