The desk looked pretty good once assembled. I didn't find it any more difficult to assemble than other pieces of that size and came in great condition. However, after about a year of owning this desk a large crack appeared on the top of it. There's also another small one on the other side. They haven't grown significantly since they appeared but I suspect they will eventually and the desk will be unusable. I don't usually buy furniture like this, as I know the quality is often poor, but I really liked the size, looks and features of this desk. Lesson learned I suppose!
This table is being used as a computer table for the family (so we can monitor computer use by the kids) off of our breakfast/great room area and it works perfectly. It's not as deep as a regular computer/office table so it doesn't take up too much space but provides enough space for laptop, printer and wireless mouse and keyboard. The tray is nicely constructed, provides good storage and folds down for an optimal ergonomic keyboard tray. The pieces came intact but one of the rails for the drawer was bent so it wasn't catching, we were able to bend it out and was an easy fix. This took about an hour for the two of us to assemble. The color matches the picture and the tabletop has a nice decorative inlay cut out.
I needed two desks and this desk was perfect for my budget. The desks are a little darker than the picture and one is slightly darker than the other. Not a big deal but having them in an L shape makes the color difference more noticeable. My husband and I worked together putting them together and it took about 2 hours for the first one and an hour and a half for the second one. The cams are are a soft metal so you need to be careful when locking them on. Those were the only poor quality item and even after we put the desks together that still bothers me because it seems senseless to use such a cheap material for the bones of what holds the desk together. The desks look great, the style was exactly what I wanted and I love that you can close up your laptop and slide it into the desk drawer when work is over for the day. Because I am short working on my laptop in the drawer works perfectly for me. My husband, being taller, uses the desktop. The drawer is huge whichis really nice.
I have been using this desk in my home office for a couple days now. I am very pleased with the overall quality (solid rubberwood, no cheap/veneer look anywhere) and the dimensions of this desk (can fit a laptop docking station and 2 LCD screens and still has place left). The drawer bar area is a bit uncomfortable for me because my legs are touching it as I am a 5'' person and needed to elevate my office chair. But it's workable (I considered taking out the drawer completely to gain space but didn't want to go through the hassle of building the desk again). I would give this desk 5 stars but it was very very poorly packaged. The desk arrived in dents in multiple locations (including big ones on two corners). I considered replacing it but, honestly, I didn't feel like the new one would arrive in any better condition since it is pretty obvious that the company who ships this is very cheap when it comes to packaging!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality, solid construction
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
I just finished putting this desk together by myself (30'ish medium athletic tone female). It took me two hours, but I took my time making sure I did it right the first time. The hardest part was putting on the top, but I was by myself and it is super heavy. I ended up putting the top upside down on the floor and putting the legs on and then flipping it over since the legs are lighter (I put down a large beach towel to protect the top). I put the drawer on last and it was one of the easiest parts (I was worried bc so may people said it was the hardest part for them). I love the drawer, there is a perfect amount of space in the front that I can store my laptop to keep the desk surface clean. The front folds down and they have put two magnets on each side now so it feels sturdier than some have explained in the past but time will tell! This desk is an excellent purchase, it is inexpensive but doesn't look that way at all. It is solid wood! After purchasing a different desk from another website and having it delivered broken and non-refundable I swore I would never buy furniture online again, however, a friend told me to try Overstock and I must same I am happily surprised by the quality, customer service and quick delivery! Now I'm off to put together two other pieces I bought from Overstock!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect! Not as dark as some reviewers made it sound
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Sturdy, real wood, heavy
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect
Just put together this desk this week..like previous reviewers, it took about 1-1/2 hours to put together. The suggestion from someone to put in the drawer before putting the top of the desk on was a great help and saved us some time! Love the look of the desk and the shelf at the bottom legs is very convenient for keeping my modem and router. The desk top is very nice size...large space! The only complaint I have is the drawer (someone else mentioned this too!) is hard to close once you pull it down and so I am a little worried that it will begin to wear the finish off the edge of the desk but since it's only me using it I will know to be cautious. Overall though, I love the desk in my newly redecorated bedroom/office and I just love going in that room now!
Solid, heavy, good quality desk. Nice paint. Would recommend to anyone.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. solid wood, heavy furniture, good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
This is not a do it yourself put together but once together a fabulous producer and exactly what I wanted
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Darker than noted but still within color range
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? On point
We are very pleased with this purchase. Super fast shipping. Comes in two boxes that are easy to handle. Assembly instructions clear and easy to follow. Extra of each fastener supplied. Finished product looks great!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was a good match.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Solid construction. Good fit and finish.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate description
I purchased this desk a couple of years ago for my office along with the matching cabinet. Both looked beautiful. It took 2 people some time to assemble. I've enjoyed using the desk for several months. Then the desk started developing a crack in the top panel. I have not damaged it in any way. The handyman I asked to look at it said that it probably happened due to the fact that the wood had not been properly dried and conditioned. The crack kept growing to the point where the desk was not usable. I called Overstock, and they said that there was no warranty on the furniture from this manufacturer, but after several long discussions they agreed to give me some credit towards the purchase of a new identical desk. The same exact thing happened to the second desk. Looked OK for several months but as the heat came up in my office building during the winter, the crack started developing and growing in the top panel. Overstock would not stand but the product, saying they went out of their way by giving me some credit for the first purchase. Had to throw away the second desk as well and am now looking for a new one in a furniture store that can offer warranty.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color is darker than on the screen
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Poor
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
The wood is very nice. The desk is a bit wobbly, but not to bad. The front of the drawer is held to the sides with magnets. This is a very poor design. The magnets dont hold so I had to screw corner brackets to keep it shut. Overall its not a bad desk. The wood has a nice finish and is very solid.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good and bad
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
Solid desk...one suggestion when assembling....at the end, before putting on the top, mount the drawer. You can see everything very clearly to get it in the tracks and mounted correctly. to screw in the top you just end out the drawer. Cant see how anyone assembled this solo. It was clear and easy but heavy. Recommend you get some baskets for your paper and pens since if you use the drawer for a keyboard the cords are too short to effectively use the compartments - at least for daily use. Love the size ...although the cat thinks we bought it so she can nap between us and the monitor when we are working. HIghly recommend it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Solid excellent quality
Absolutely love this desk! Looks very nice in our small home study! Easily assembled and the wood is lovely!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very solid!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Right on!
I love my table. The only thing is that because it's a "computer desk", the drawer flips open a lot easier than I would like because it's held on by a magnet. I use the desk with a laptop so would like the drawer to stay as a drawer and not flip open so easily. But I love the color and it has a very solid feel.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Similar
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Pretty good quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate.
I compared a lot of desks and finally decided to buy the Andaman desk due to the style and reviews. Like many of the other reviews, we like this desk very much. Good looking and well constructed. It took me by myself about 1.5 hrs to put it together. I only needed my wife to help me align the desk top up with the dowels and connection holes. The parts were all there (even some extra parts indicated in directions) and it all fit together well. I'm very pleased with this purchase and would recommend the desk to anyone else considering making the purchase.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect Color Match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Since this is a desk you have to assemble (not very difficult) you can feel and see that this is a sturdy, well constructed, all wood desk.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good description of the product.
I LOVED the look of this desk, but after it was put together it was a bit wobbly. I had someone double check and tighten the hardware, but unfortunately it didn't work. I don't know if it was the quality of the desk, or if mine was just defective, but I ended up returning it. Overstock was amazing about handling my return. This won't stop me from purchasing from them in the future.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Not good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate