I owned a set of these and loved them because of their good looks and ability to stand up to rough handling and survive my dishwasher. I wondered about the bad reviews, but as I loved mine, I bought more. FAIL. Anchor Hocking has clearly changed their manufacturer for these. My old ones are lovely - someone thought they were crystal. My new ones, identical in design and size, have all the faults other reviewers have described - cheap-looking glass and molding, really visible seams, a thick lip at the top, and generally shoddy manufacture. In short, where my originals looked elegant, these look incredibly cheap. Worse than dimestore. I'm keeping them because I need heavy-duty, around-the-house glasses that can survive a fall or being whacked by a dog tail, but no way I'd use these for guests. So if you own these and are considering buying more, try to find the old ones at yard sales. Caveat emptor. These are NOT the quality previously offered by Anchor Hocking. They should be ashamed.
Each glass weighs over 1 -1/4 lbs !!! I was shocked when I first lifted them. The glass is very thick, which you will notice immediately inspite of the attractive and "light looking" design cuts. Also each glass has a noticeable "seam" running down the side.Additionally, one of the stirrers were broken on delivery. I guess they are OK for the price, but they are probably the kind of glassesware you would never choose if you saw them in a store.
ive had these for some time, i wish the mouths were a little wider for had scrubing... but not :( other then that their the perfect hiballs for me. had them little over 2 years now, n first one broke due to mother doing dishes, lol... not my fault of product.
sent the Anchor Hocking Crystal Glass set as a wedding shower gift, it was mailed directly to the wedding shower address. The Bride was thrilled, telling me on the phone how beautiful, clear, was the glass. very happy with purchase thank you cc134
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? excellent
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent , fully lined, fits perfect to sizw
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? excellent
the glasses were a gift to my son and his wife, they loved them, however the stirs were plastic not glass, I thought they were to be glass. But they said they were very nice looking glasses.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color is clear
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. quality is great.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate descritption and looked nice.
product as described but one set of stirrers missing from one box of glasses
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality but stirrers miossing from one box
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate except stirrers missing from one box
The quality and value of this product is exceptional. We ordered these as replacements and we're all happy with them
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? the glasses looked like the photo
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. we love the glasses, however, a few of the stirrer's came broken
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
I have had these particular Anchor Hocking glasses for over 15 years. After I broke 2 within one week, I looked high and low for replacements. Luckily, I found what appeared to be the same glass on Overstock. The reviews made me wonder whether the glasses were the same as I already have, but I tried them. I was so delighted with the set that I ordered 2 more!! They are the same size, pattern and weight as my old glasses. I now have a good supply and am enjoying glasses that both my husband and I like
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? yes
- How is the quality of the product? excellent
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? yes
Nice glasses, very heavy. Seams visible in 2-3 glasses out of 8 so not terrible for the price. I use these as my everyday glasses and purchased several quantities due to the number of teenagers in the house. The glasses have held up really well as I have had them now for several months. They work great for my situation.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes.
- How is the quality of the product? Very Good.
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Yes, I think so; however, I have not reviewed the description since purchasing the product.
I had glasses like these since 2003 and loved them. When I saw them in a store recently, I bought more without inspecting them. What a disappointment. The bottom of the glass has a large indention which pools water when placing them in the dishwasher upside down. The glass looks like an inferior quality and it has an obnoxious seam down the glass which is unpleasant to the touch. I would not recommend these to anyone but my worst enemy.
I bought this glasses because my family kept breaking the thin pretty ones. I wanted something think, hefty and sturdy. I got all three from these glasses. One did crack about right after we got them, that most likely because they sat on my freezing cold porch the day they were delivered and I immediately washed them in hot water. These glasses are heavy though so don't go into this think you're getting a dainty little set. Overall, they're a good set. Not glamorous, but they do the job.
One of the glasses had a dip in the rim; it looks like a piece of the glass is missing but it is smooth. Two of the glasses have a hard spot on the rim where the seam is. I am very unhappy with these glasses. The only reason I didn't return them is because I would be out the shipping expense to return them. I'm going to use them but can't believe they would pass someone's inspection.
These glasses are both beautiful and functional. I prefer drinking from glass, but lately I've had trouble finding glasses big enough that I don't have to refill every 10 minutes, fit in the dishwasher, and sturdy enough that holding it under the ice dispenser won't cause it to break. These fill the bill quite nicely. The design is very pretty and the Plastic stirs that came with the set are adorable. I did find the glassware to be somewhat heavy, making it difficult to lift on "bad arthritis" days, but the heft is the salvation. I haven't broken one yet (knock on wood).
These glasses are very substantial. I did not expect them to be as thick and sturdy as they are. The stirrers are adorable. The set is perfect for sitting outside on your deck or patio sipping fresh made lemonade or for an evening get together with friends. I love it!
I had purchased these glasses in the past, and over time they have disappeared. When trying to decide on new ones, my husband suggested getting more of these because he liked the fact that they are very heavy, not delicate at all. Which in a house of men, works much better. We go through a lot of tea glasses and these seem to survive longer because of their durability.