This faucet is fantastic. Solid Solid SOLID. We were concerned that the cross arm would be plastic or weak metal. In fact, the cross arm is thick, solid bronze and the whole faucet is extremely solid. The install was simple, maybe 5 minutes maximum on our brand new granite counter tops. We could not be more pleased. The whole this is solid like a rock and yet the flexible, industrial style (spring-ed) head provides all the flexibility anyone would want. I would highly recommend this faucet without hesitation. The finish on this faucet is beautiful and very consistent. Even the cross arm has the same finish. I don't think you will find a simpler, sturdier, more refined looking faucet for this price. Trust me, we shopped around and this was by far the cheapest (cost wise) we found and it turned out to be much sturdier and nicer than any of the faucets we encountered in the stores, installer showrooms, etc... If you want to go with the bronze look, you would be making a very bad decision to pass on this amazing deal on such an amazing faucet. My wife is as happy as a clam...
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes, the color looks wonderful and is the initial step in our transition over to the oil rubbed bronze look through out our home.
- How is the quality of the product? The quality of this is outstanding. We were worried about the sturdiness of this faucet, but it is very solid. The cross arm that holds the head is solid metal and the whole faucet is very solid, lay your fears to rest.
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? The faucet did match the description, but the description could have been more thorough. i.e. the cross arm is solid metal. This piece was our greatest concern, that the cross arm would be flimsy metal or possibly plastic.
I'm a designer with a remodel business; the goal is to save clients as much money as possible keeping the quality high end. I researched this faucet from $459 to $1400 - nearly the exact faucet with big name brands, similar look & functionality. Finding this particular faucet on "O", for a fraction of the price was truly a rewarding find. This faucet functions properly and looks elegant in a rustic stainless steel setting. Just because it's under $200, doesn't mean it's too "cheap". I love it when Overstock.com asks me what I want to save on today, don't you?
I looked at many faucets and I really wanted this design but not a high price tag. I was a little hesitant to order it in the oiled bronze, but I wanted something different then the stainless steel look. When it arrived, I was so glad I made the choice for the bronze. It is a really pretty faucet and it is great quality at a much more affordable price then other faucets of this caliber. It was really easy to install (I did it myself w/out my husband and I am very proud of that!), it has amazing water pressure and I think it looks clean and modern in the kitchen. You won't be disappointed in this faucet :)
I purchased this item Gourmetier #GS8895ACL, American Classic Single Handle Pull-Down Spray Kitchen Faucet, Oil Rubbed Bronze a couple of years ago for a remodel that was sidetracked but will be shortly underway. In the process I have made many purchases and it was brought to my attention that Big Box stores and discount retailers often sell merchandise that while brand name, is not the exact same quality as those same products purchased from higher-priced plumbing, electrical, and lighting retailers. While this may be true for some, not for all. I purchased the Gourmetier #GS8895ACL, American Classic Single Handle Pull-Down Spray Kitchen Faucet, Oil Rubbed Bronze American Classics faucet at O for such a low price...I have seen it anywhere from $300-900...I paid around $170 at O..I called the company whose information was enclosed. This product is manufactured by an American company, Kingston Brass, They assured me that if it is a Kingston Brass product,(which was clearly marked on the box and in the supplied literature) they only make a single high quality line, no matter who the retailer is and this would seem to be true. The faucet is very heavy, does not have any visible plastic or resin parts, and the supply lines are braided metal, NOT plastic. While it has not yet been installed, I am hopeful that it will work flawlessly for many years and I will report back once installed. If anyone needs parts, you can locate the items and parts here: http://www.kingstonbrass.com/GS8895ACL_p/gs8895acl.htm I am thrilled that O supplied me with a SUPER deal on a high quality faucet!!! thanks O!!!!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Outstanding
I really like the way this looks in my kitchen, my husband installed it and said it was super easy, one of the easiest faucets he's ever installed. It easily reaches all of the corners of my 33" wide 10" deep sink. My only complaint is that I have noticed already on the nozzle some spots where the finish is chipping off. I've only had it installed a week and so its a little disappointing for this to be happening so soon. For the price I still think its a good faucet, but it may not last as long as some of the more expensive faucets.
Love everything about this faucet. The look, the functionality, the color, style. I have no problems with this faucet as others may have listed in their reviews. The hose was black, no chipping, no white label in the back and even if there was, you would not see it because in my case, the faucet is up against a wall. I searched for the right faucet, going back and forth on what color and style. After so many hours, I finally decided that I could not get the bronze color out of my mind and I knew I just wouldn't be happy with any other style so I settled on this faucet. I just love it. And oh, by the way, it has great pressure and the water just flows so nicely in either the spray setting or straight solid setting. The buttons do not get in the way and blend so nicely in with the color of the faucet, and I just use the backside of my thumb joint to change back and forth to the different settings. It is really a beautiful faucet. I hired a plumber who had 35 years experience and he had no problems taking out my old faucet and putting in the new one and he did it in one hour. It isn't a typical boring faucet...it would definitely add value to your kitchen/home and it is so much fun to use!!!
I liked it at first. We've had it a few months. At first it worked great. Then the black thing that switches modes fell off and I can't figure out how to fix it. I'm surprised this has not happened to anyone else because it looks like it was barely on there.
Love, love. I had this installed today on my new Magma granite, over the hammered copper farm sink.We didn't use the mounting plate since its a new install and I wanted one hole thats easy to clean. Looks like a designer kitchen showroom and the water pressure is smooth and strong, even though I don't think of the pressure in my 230 year old mill to be very good. I so high that I can angle the nozzle to cover any area in the sink and doubt I will need to even remove it from the holding bracket.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very
My husband has installed all of our faucets, a total of 5. He mentioned this was the easiest and for the amount of money, buy fare the best value. This is one that I will be keeping for a long time. Would recommend it to everyone!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Above my expectations
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Great
We have not yet put in this faucet, because we are still in reno mode, but I purchased it as part of an ongoing kitchen reno in our 1951 era home. It is heavy and well made, the ORB exterior is beautiful. It ships in a really secure box, they immobilize it very well to protect from damage in transit. The one slight problem I can see with it is that the reach of the pull down part is not that extensive, it is NOT comparable to a commercial faucet of this style, but it should work well in a home situation. I am very happy with it and plan on purchasing some of the matching accessories.
Positives: (1) The scale of this faucet is pretty much a show-stopper. Very cool. Our sink is in the center of our kitchen island and this one piece of hardware completely changed the whole look of the kitchen. It's been in 2 weeks and lots of houseguests have commented on it unprompted. (2) The fact that the whole top (from the handle/lever on upwards) moves in full range gives you a lot of sink space when you don't need the water running. I.e., when I've got a sink full of stuff going on, I can completely move the faucet out of the way. (3) The flexible sprayer hose is very utilitarian/useful. (That said, I thought the height of the faucet would provide a longer reach on how far out you could pull the hose. It's not restrictive but not as long as I anticipated.) (4) The water pressure is significantly higher than the faucet it replaced. (5) At its Overstock pricing, this is a great value. Comparing it to the similarly priced offerings we saw at the big box stores, there's no comparison. (Don't get me wrong, it's not at all like the $1500 faucet I ogled but, hey, it's darn nice!) Negatives: The finish is much flatter than I expected. Our other "burnished" hardware in the kitchen has more of a mottled/richer finish with more patina. This finish is much more flat; more towards a black/brown. It blends nicely but don't expect it to have a real "burnished" effect.
LOVE LOVE LOVE this faucet! We purchased it for our new Laundry Room. It is beautiful with the granite countertops. Looks so classy and the ease of its use is a plus. Don't give this one a second thought!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfectly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very nice
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Exactly
Had my kitchen redone in the spring, and this was the only thing left bugging me that wasnt changed. I was having a hard time justifying changing out my exsisting faucet as it was only 2yrs old and I paid well over $500.00 for it. However, the new look of my kitchen is all done in oil rubbed bronze so I really wanted everything to match. I ordered this, came in a few days, took 30min to change out and I LOVE IT!!! It may not be the quality of my other one, but it looks great and actually has stronger water pressure then my other one. I am a HUGE Overstock shopper, they have saved me a ton of money!!!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? PERFECT
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. EXCELLENT
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? EXACTLY
Very happy with my purchase. Had been looking for similiar product at big box stores and they were always over $400. Definately happy with purchase.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Spot on
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very heavy, no cheap plastic parts
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Spot on
This is a beautiful faucet and the oil rubbed bronze finish is rich looking. It was easy to install and the water pressure is excellent. The faucet is taller than it appears. Looks great in my kitchen and I would definitely recommend as it is a very impressive faucet with a great price.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exactly as pictured
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. sturdy with a beautiful finish
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? exactly as described
Nice coloring to match bronze knobs and pulls along with stainless appliances
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. sturdy
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? exact
We actually purchased this to match a copper sink for our outdoor kitchen...we are very please with the quality and price.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color came out like I though it would
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Was worried it might be plastic but its all metal
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description was bang on.