I have owned and used these dishes for three months now. I love the look, the colour, the style, the weight. They look great. They function awfully. Within the first two weeks, the white enamel/china/whatever it is started coming off the wee dot nobs on the dishes - stacking them (go figure!) caused rubbing in these areas that started chipping. I went to a pottery place to see about having them seal the dishes - an experiment with one dish went smoothly but to do the entire 12 piece set I would have to pay 2x the cost of the dishes themselves. Have decided to use til they drop. Three months down the road, I have about 4 dishes in rotation and they have multiple places on each dish that are without enamel. Using a knife - a regular dinner knife or a butter knife - saws into the enamel and ruins it. It's a DISH! You use KNIVES on them! Horrible, just horrible. I'm a sucker, I got what I paid for, and I even paid to have these shipped to New Zealand where I live. Never again - this brand is verboten from my house. Really, really disappointed.
I purchased these dishes, 2 sets, for my mom as a Christmas gift. She had wanted dishes like these for quite some time, but ones like these are typically quite pricey.. I found these and have been very pleased. They are good quality, the glaze doesn't have any defects, and the design I'd even, both are issues I'd come across before on the more affordable dishes like these. I am exceptionally pleased with the product and would definitely purchase again.
This is a really nice set of dinnerware for the price. It came packaged very well. Every dis was bubble wrapped individually and then packaged in cardboard. They are elegant but great for everyday serving. The dishes stack nicely, the bowls are nice size as well as the coffee mugs. I would reccomend this product to anyone. I love it!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The coloring and print on the dinnerware matched exactly how it is shown.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Qulaity is great. The earthenware is not as heavy and stoneware and has a porcelan feel to it. It's very durable, easy to wash and stack nicely`
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? perfect
I was a little dissapointed when I first opened the box and to find out the detail part of the dishes was "sponged painted" in a beige color. They feel cheap. I gave it a shot anyways. The first and second time I hand washed the plate, it chipped. The coating came right off. overstock's return policy stinks. So I'm stuck with these piece of crap dishes. Next time I will just go with ***.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It's off white.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It chipped the first time i hand washed it.
Very nice for the price. High quality everyday dishes. Totally recommend.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exactly as described
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. high quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? exactly
I'm disappointed that I can't give these dishes a higher review, as they really are beautiful and great quality. I've had them for 6 months but only started using them a few months ago due to moving and leaving them in their original packaging prior to the move. Upon removing them from the packaging, I immediately washed them in the dishwasher before stacking in my cupboards. A few weeks later I noticed a mildew-like odor coming from the cupboard but I couldn't place it. Since these are our "nice" dishes, I didn't pull them out to use until a month or two later when we had company. As I was unstacking the dishes I noticed they had mildew on them! I was horrified and immediately washed them in two hot cycles in the dishwasher. I made sure to thoroughly dry the dishes as well, thinking that maybe there was residual moisture that had gotten trapped before. Well, a few days later the mildew smell had returned! Needless to say, I'm going to contact Overstock regarding this issue and moving these dishes into storage. Bummed such pretty and inexpensive dishes turned out to be potentially hazardous to my family
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact, but the "design" on the dishes got darker with each use.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Nice looking dishes, but they developed mildew/mold despite being completely dry before putting away in the cupboard
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accuratae