I finally found just the look of dishes I'd been wanting, but after living with these for a few months, I'm completely disappointed. The bottom says hey are dishwasher and microwave safe which is not true. I don't care about the microwave part and don't even put them in there...I'm just so surprised that the finish seems to have cracked and dark lines appeared. To make matters worse, mildew can grow in the cracks if the dishes are not left out to air dry for a day after coming out of the dishwasher! So strange... I've always just put my "dry" plates away without any problem. So, after just 8 months I'm looking to replace this set. :-(
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. fine cracks throughout which allow mildew if not bone dry after washing! Never seen anything lke it...
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? fine, except they cannot go in the microwave like the bottom states
I was so disappointed with these plates. They chip very easily, get extremely hot in the microwave (food/beverage stays cold), and the glaze cracked right away. I have permanent dark streaks on the plates. I had my first set of dishes by Dansk for over 15 years. I'll be lucky to make it two years with these. I've already tossed some plates and bowls due to chips.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? quite close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Horrible