Here I am, 3 summers later, & I'm having to buy a new patio set. This set weathered horribly. It's falling apart. We stored it in our garage every winter & it's still in terrible shape, which is odd considering we rarely used it. Poor poor quality.
The table and chair were not that hard to put together I was done in an hour. Definately use Teak oil as the wood needs further treatment to deal with the elements. I found the wood soaked up two coats of Teak Oil. As for the table, the table top was made from rather thin wood as compared to some other more sturdy teak tables. I think the thin wood won't hold up as long and shortens the life span of the table. I also notice that several of the boards surrounding the boarder of the table top were slightly warped, again from being thin. One thing, if you use an umbrella you will need a base to go with it as this table has no way of stablizing the umbrella at its base. On the other hand the chairs and bench seat are more beafy constuction and should hold up well. Overall I give this set 4 stars, if the table was made better it would get a 5 star. Not bad and worth consideration.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
We had searched for a large enough table for eight for our vacation home. The whole set assembled in about 2 1/2 hours. The set is stunning, and arrived much more quickly than we had anticipated (a little less than three weeks). My husband attached an allen wrench to his drilll to make the assembly go more quickly, based on reviews we had read, and this worked quite well. The table, chairs and benches are heavy, solid and comfortable. I was a little surprised that the seats did not attach to the chairs. They are set into the chair; and they just lift off. I would certainly recommend this set, and plan to add cusions to the seats for a little greater comfort..
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes
- How is the quality of the product? Excellent
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Yes
My wife and I were looking for outdoor furniture for our courtyard in our new home. We had purchased teak steamers and loungers for the pool area but quite frankly the budget wasn't going to allow a teak set comparable to this one for this area. Putting it together was a breeze, you simply can't get it wrong. I put the full set together in about 2 hours although I did have a "alan key" wrench for my electric drill, (invest in one). The time taken to construct without electrical assistance would probably be tripled, not to mention the early onset of carpel tunnel syndrome. If you wish to purchase an umbrella for this product make sure to buy a separate stand. So far we are delighted with the way the product looks, its comfortable and great for entertaining, we are told, a once a year application of linseed oil should keep it looking great for many years to come.
Just finished putting this together, and it looks great. Assembly instructions were in *******, so some subtle points were missed and I wound up putting one bench together with the metal label facing in. Note to future assemblers -- pay attention to the seat rails - which side goes up matters! Also, invest six bucks in the allen-wrench heads for your cordless drill/screwdriver. This went together in about 45 minutes once I got out the drill, but I can't imagine putting it together with the allen wrenches enclosed.
I LOVE THIS DINING SET! THE SQUARE TABLE FITS MY DECK PERFECTLY. I ORDERED CUSHIONS; BUT WITH OR WITHOUT , THE CHAIRS AND BENCHES ARE COMFORTABLE, AND STRONG ENOUGH FOR MY 'BIG' FRIENDS AND FAMILY. THANKS FOR A PRODUCT I WILL ENJOY FOR YEARS. IT'S WORTH EVERY PENNY!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Right on!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good craftmanship, steardy and smoothly finished.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? perfect-----product was exactly as expected from the description given.
Don;t waste your time or money on this one, terrible in person, every single piece needs to not only put together, but glued and non of the pieces fit correctly. Cheaply made - save you money and get one at target - you would be better off.. now I have to spend the time getting it picked up and credited to my card.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. horrible
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? description fine/product bad
We love this set. The assembly of the table, 4 chairs and 2 benches took less than 2 hours. The quality is outstanding and we got the look of teak for much less money and the eucalyptus is a much more sustainable wood.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly as expected
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great sturdy furniture
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Product exactly as described
It looks just beautiful and for the price, it is a great buy. Assembly requires someone handy, we hire a person for $95/hr, 2 hours with his drill which he rigged for the allen wrench (YOU DO NOT WANT TO SCREW BY HAND) so that everything fit. We love it!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Spot on.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very Good - Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
Thought it was easy to assemble except the table. Strange leg attachment and difficult Allen wrench maneuvering. The drill is ESSENTIAL for table. Looks beautiful and very sturdy
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Identical
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very
Our set came packaged very securely, no damage. We have not yet assembled the table, but the chairs and benches went together easily. The holes for the screws all lined up correctly. I should have listened to the advice from other viewers though, and used a drill, because it was challenging at times to hand turn the allen wrench. The chairs and benches are comfortable and I do not think I will need to purchase cushions. I am extremely happy with the set and look forward to many years of use.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was exactly as pictured.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. This is a very sturdy set. The finish is smooth and splinter-free.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The on site description of this table and chair set was very accurate.
I'm thinking about purchasing this set and I'm thrilled that the reviews are so good, but I'm wondering if the pieces have held up well from those that purchased last year or before. I've seen reviews on other teak sets (on other websites)saying that were actually made from scrap pieces and glued together - only to find they realized a year later that they've bought junk. Any updates would be appreciated!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Not sure
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Not sure
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Not sure
Excellent followup and followthru by the entire Customer Service branch of Overstock.com. Thorough communication both online and telephone. Provided additional parts due to shipment damage...at no cost to us! Completed the entire process within 10 business days. Was able to 'use' furniture for Labor Day festivities. Lot's of 'positive' comments from family and friends as we entertained that weekend. Now looking for cushions that will meet our future needs.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Right on target! What you see is what you get.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. High quality. Easy to assemble. Furniture cleaner also included, a nice surprise!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Website information was accurate. Reviews were informative and true. Good overall experience.
Patio furniture is very expensive and after looking during a sale weekend we were very disheartened. We found this set online and couldn't pass up based on the reviews and price. We are definitely NOT disappointed. As suggested, definitely us an electric drill attachment. Although this doesn't completely work, most bolts needed to be hand-tightened as maybe the holes weren't drilled far enough (and I didn't want to strip the heads), it does cut down on assembly time. I put it together a chair/bench or two a day and my husband helped with the table (VERY heavy). All I can say is it's worth it and we love it.
Very good looking set, provides lots of seating. Very sturdy and feels well made. The only thing a buyer might want to know is that the seat bottoms just lay in the frame, can be lifted off but doesn't bother me and still feels very sturdy. Eucalyptus is supposed to be the "new teak" and is much more environmentally friendly. Just got this summer so can't comment yet on durability but instructions state to use linsead (sp?) oil to keep wood conditioned. Overall a great purchase and great price, especially given the shipping!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Can't yet comment on durability but feels very solid
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
got this set 6 months ago syill eveyday I cant believe what a great deal this was. thank yiu.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exactly as discribed
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. high quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
The other reviews for this dining set are right on. Assembly was straight forward, but a power drill with the appropriate bit is highly recommended. It seems that the manufacturer, however, can not pack the table without the legs being damaged in transit. Two of the four table legs were damaged, as the ties used to secure the legs inside the package failed. While the Overstock.com customer service staff were helpful and friendly, the first shipment of replacement parts arrived with chair ends, not table legs. The second attempt did result in a complete set of legs being sent, but some of these were damaged as well. The packing for the replacement legs was fine, but they were obviously damaged prior to shipment. Careful inspection of all the legs resulted in a complete set that were satisfactory. The table legs on this set are not all the same, but are two sets of two the way they are attached to the table. The final result, however, was a very nice outdoor dining set.
The set is beautiful. However, one bench and 3 of the 4 table legs came in damaged. The company in which overstock purchased this patio set packed the items this way. It did not occur during shipping. It was a hassle to say the least. Overstock was great with handling it, however, I did get a follow up call from the manufacturer which was a little confusing.