Easy to install. One thing i do not love is that the light shoot up, which casts a bright circle onto the ceiling. I wish the light was casted down. The only way to do that is to not install the plastic circle on the bottom of the light, however, that would leave the actual bulb exposed. Bottom line - it works for us in our sons playroom, since we have lots windows, the rooms tends to stay bright anyway. It is a nice looking ceiling light, priced right, which we liked.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color is bright white. The photo shows a blue hue, which is not accurate.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is pretty good. However, the circle fittings that screw into the bottom and top are plastic. if you are looking for an inexpensive light in a non-high traffic, smaller area, this may work for you. Pretty fixture.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The written description is fine - just note the color in the photo looks blue -and the lighting fixture if white.
The Altea 3-light satin nickel flush mount chandelier looks amazing in my guest bedroom. The amount of light is perfect for the 10x12 room. It is contemporary and looks very classy. It took about 20 minutes to install the fixture. Make sure you don't throw away any of the cardboard before you check to see if you have all the pieces. I thought I was missing a piece, but it was inserted in styrofoam in the cardboard.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? yes
- How is the quality of the product? The quality of the product is excellent.
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? yes
Good light quality, hardware, chintzy shade. The hardware for this light is good, but the shade material is a bit flimsy. If it's going to be up high, maybe not a problem but not a super high quality design.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good light quality, hardware, chintzy shade
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Somewhat.
Replaced an old light fixture in my daughters' bedroom. I wanted something modern yet feminine and this fit the bill. It is absolutely beautiful. I installed it in less than 30 minutes. I would highly recommend this!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color of the light is very similar to that online.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very well made.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate description
ordered a pair of these lights for the extra bedrooms, you can tell they aren't super quality by the weight of them and the thickness of the metal, probably wouldn't use them in a living/dining/master room, but in rarely used guest spaces they fit the bill and the price, they took a little fussing to get exactly right, but they did look good once installed
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. average
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
I like this light okay. It's a little small for my family room. Better suited for a small bedroom or hallway. The plastic cover looks a little cheap. As other reviewers stated, pay attention to seam when hanging the light so it's not the first thing you see!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Okay, not great though.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate.
This is a great product. Don't listen to people moaning about problems with installation, just get a friend to help you and you'll be fine. The only problem I had was attaching the ground wires to the bracket but this was more due to the house ground wire being really thick and difficult to maneuver. Aside from this installation was a snap, just be patient. The product come with rubber/plastic protective washers between the round ceiling plate and the 'legs' of the chandelier which need to be removed but this is simple enough, just loosen the three bolts on the inside and remove. We bought two of these to go in our main hallway and they look great together. Really pleased with the overall look. The only reason I didn't give 5 stars is that the instructions are not that great so you'll have to use that thing between your ears a bit to figure out some of the installation steps. Buy this light, it'll make any room instantly more grand and elegant.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? With light on it's a little more yellow than the site pics but this is probably because of the bulbs, if you want it to stay white buy LED or daylight bulbs
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Well made.
This light is even better than I hoped great size and color. The only reason I did not give this 5 stars is that the shade does not rotate once installed so you need to be aware of where the seam will end up before your finalize the intall.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Great
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great
This is a nice looking light. It looks white when its off in daylight but the cover looks sort of beige - NOT WHITE - at night when the light is on which I'm not crazy about. Also, be warned, you can't use a dimmer with this light. For some reason it doesn't work with a dimmer. It's a classy looking light though for a hallway or perhaps a semi-formal dining room. For the price I would recommend it.
I really like this light, very elegant and the off-white fabric has just a hint of shimmer. There is a noticeable seam in the shade to consider. When I took the fixture out of the box, the stem with the 3 light bulb housing pieces was not perpendicular to the base that sits at the ceiling. I had to take it apart and reassemble it to get it to sit straight. It is not a heavy light, while it's pretty, the materials and construction quality is just so-so. I got it on sale though, so for the price I am pretty happy.
I used this in a foyer area and it looks really nice. My new tenant who has a design backgroun even commented that it looked really good / high end, so special bonus there! For the price, this is a nice, high end look as an alternative to the boring nipple lights commonly used that look both cheap and cheesey. I would use this light again for another higher end remodel.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
Overall I'm highly disappointed with this light fixture, especially as I've been pleasantly surprised by other models from this seller. The main post of the light arrived bent slightly off center so the whole thing looks crooked when mounted. Instructions are basically nonexistent. Also, mounting was an incredible pain, as the screws are barely long enough. Luckily I had some slightly longer machine screws that worked. Unfortunately, after just a few weeks of use the paper shade has detached from the frame and the light now looks terrible and cheap. It's an embarrassing blemish in my entryway. Going to try to return this, but I'm probably out.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? More yellow in real life
- How is the quality of the product? Low
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Yes
This light is great for the entryway light to our front door hallway. We had to return the first one we got because it mounted a little crooked. Both lamps that we got have marks on the bottom of the lamp shade that you can't really see unless you are looking carefully but a brand new product should not come with scuff marks on it, especially when it is wrapped in cellophane for "protection." If you get this lamp, make sure to peel off the plastic wrap on the diffuser plate AND the brown paper stuck on the other side. And like others have said, keep an eye out for where the seam of the lampshade is, and put it the direction where it's least visible. We are happy with the lampshade--it's helped update our entryway and made it feel very cozy.
I can see using this lovely light in so many locations: hallway, informal dining, guest room, office. We placed in our foyer to transition from a similar outdoor entry light visible to the foyer. This fixture blends well with the lighting scheme we are trying to maintain in our home. It is not an expensive fixture, but still we are quite satisfied with the quality and style. The parts are not glass, so we didn't have to worry with breaking glass during installation. This was a simple installation by one person. When installing, pay particular attention to the direction you want the seam of the sheer drum to face. When the light is on, you will observe a soft golden glow due to the pale ivory fabric of the interior (non-sheer) drum. The diffuser is plastic. The top of the fixture is open and projects light upon the ceiling. It uses three bulbs and generates adequate light for the foyer. I think it is quite pretty and am totally satisfied with the fixture. Thanks, Overstock, for the 12% coupon savings!
I used this in a small 10x12 office room and it is perfect! I think in any larger of a room the fixture would have been too small. The office is going to mainly be my husbands so I was trying to find a fixture that I thought was masculine enough for him to live with it (i.e. no crystals). Its' also nice that it has three bulbs in it so it's nice a bright in the room and provides really good light. There is definitely a seam in the shade that creates a dark shadow so when you're installing it or having an electrician install it for you, make sure that the seam is placed so that it is in a place where it won't be seen very often. As the title of my review states - the fixture arrived broken with a huge bend in the shade that I couldn't repair myself, but overstock sent a new replacement really quickly. I'm very happy with this item.