Easy to install. One thing i do not love is that the light shoot up, which casts a bright circle onto the ceiling. I wish the light was casted down. The only way to do that is to not install the plastic circle on the bottom of the light, however, that would leave the actual bulb exposed. Bottom line - it works for us in our sons playroom, since we have lots windows, the rooms tends to stay bright anyway. It is a nice looking ceiling light, priced right, which we liked.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color is bright white. The photo shows a blue hue, which is not accurate.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is pretty good. However, the circle fittings that screw into the bottom and top are plastic. if you are looking for an inexpensive light in a non-high traffic, smaller area, this may work for you. Pretty fixture.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The written description is fine - just note the color in the photo looks blue -and the lighting fixture if white.
The Altea 3-light satin nickel flush mount chandelier looks amazing in my guest bedroom. The amount of light is perfect for the 10x12 room. It is contemporary and looks very classy. It took about 20 minutes to install the fixture. Make sure you don't throw away any of the cardboard before you check to see if you have all the pieces. I thought I was missing a piece, but it was inserted in styrofoam in the cardboard.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? yes
- How is the quality of the product? The quality of the product is excellent.
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? yes
Good light quality, hardware, chintzy shade. The hardware for this light is good, but the shade material is a bit flimsy. If it's going to be up high, maybe not a problem but not a super high quality design.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good light quality, hardware, chintzy shade
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Somewhat.
Replaced an old light fixture in my daughters' bedroom. I wanted something modern yet feminine and this fit the bill. It is absolutely beautiful. I installed it in less than 30 minutes. I would highly recommend this!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color of the light is very similar to that online.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very well made.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate description
This is a nice looking light. It looks white when its off in daylight but the cover looks sort of beige - NOT WHITE - at night when the light is on which I'm not crazy about. Also, be warned, you can't use a dimmer with this light. For some reason it doesn't work with a dimmer. It's a classy looking light though for a hallway or perhaps a semi-formal dining room. For the price I would recommend it.
ordered a pair of these lights for the extra bedrooms, you can tell they aren't super quality by the weight of them and the thickness of the metal, probably wouldn't use them in a living/dining/master room, but in rarely used guest spaces they fit the bill and the price, they took a little fussing to get exactly right, but they did look good once installed
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. average
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
I like this light okay. It's a little small for my family room. Better suited for a small bedroom or hallway. The plastic cover looks a little cheap. As other reviewers stated, pay attention to seam when hanging the light so it's not the first thing you see!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Okay, not great though.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate.
This is a great product. Don't listen to people moaning about problems with installation, just get a friend to help you and you'll be fine. The only problem I had was attaching the ground wires to the bracket but this was more due to the house ground wire being really thick and difficult to maneuver. Aside from this installation was a snap, just be patient. The product come with rubber/plastic protective washers between the round ceiling plate and the 'legs' of the chandelier which need to be removed but this is simple enough, just loosen the three bolts on the inside and remove. We bought two of these to go in our main hallway and they look great together. Really pleased with the overall look. The only reason I didn't give 5 stars is that the instructions are not that great so you'll have to use that thing between your ears a bit to figure out some of the installation steps. Buy this light, it'll make any room instantly more grand and elegant.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? With light on it's a little more yellow than the site pics but this is probably because of the bulbs, if you want it to stay white buy LED or daylight bulbs
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Well made.
This light is even better than I hoped great size and color. The only reason I did not give this 5 stars is that the shade does not rotate once installed so you need to be aware of where the seam will end up before your finalize the intall.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Great
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great
I really like this light, very elegant and the off-white fabric has just a hint of shimmer. There is a noticeable seam in the shade to consider. When I took the fixture out of the box, the stem with the 3 light bulb housing pieces was not perpendicular to the base that sits at the ceiling. I had to take it apart and reassemble it to get it to sit straight. It is not a heavy light, while it's pretty, the materials and construction quality is just so-so. I got it on sale though, so for the price I am pretty happy.
I used this in a foyer area and it looks really nice. My new tenant who has a design backgroun even commented that it looked really good / high end, so special bonus there! For the price, this is a nice, high end look as an alternative to the boring nipple lights commonly used that look both cheap and cheesey. I would use this light again for another higher end remodel.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
Overall I'm highly disappointed with this light fixture, especially as I've been pleasantly surprised by other models from this seller. The main post of the light arrived bent slightly off center so the whole thing looks crooked when mounted. Instructions are basically nonexistent. Also, mounting was an incredible pain, as the screws are barely long enough. Luckily I had some slightly longer machine screws that worked. Unfortunately, after just a few weeks of use the paper shade has detached from the frame and the light now looks terrible and cheap. It's an embarrassing blemish in my entryway. Going to try to return this, but I'm probably out.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? More yellow in real life
- How is the quality of the product? Low
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Yes
We had this lamp installed in the foyer of our apartment (note: we did not install this one ourselves so have no knowledge of how difficult or east it was to install). It looks great and expensive. It was slightly lopsided at first (did not appear due to installation: was inner and outer shade alignment), but somehow straightened out and now looks excellent. The one issue with this fixture is that the bulbs are incredibly hard to change -- docked one star for this. Normally I would say just buy LED bulbs and be done with it since they last years (decades even), but the light and fixture looked much better with incandescent bulbs. Still, a great looking light and I would recommend it.