I stared at this rug for a year before actually purchasing it.. Overstock got it to me within 2 days via UPS. The rug is still curled up on one end, and I'll have to figure out how to flatten it, but I love it. My dog does, also. I shall buy another for under the dining froom table. I needed to see its quality before purchasing two, and that quality is divine. The swirls are BLACK, not brown as pictured, and the green is much, much brighter. Not sage at all.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The actual rug color is much, much brighter, like a Macintosh apple
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent, thick
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
I received this area rug within days after I ordered it. I'm an interior designer by trade and have used a lot of area rugs. This one has to be one of the more "eye-catching" rugs I have seen in a very long time! Very dimensional, and the price is unbelievable for the quality of this rug. One thing to note, if your sweeper has a rotating brush you may want to turn it off while sweeping as its not good for the rug......on a closing note horizon rug is the best company. I have bought many rugs from os that luckily have their name on it. I hope horizon can put their name on the web so people can identify easily
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The best of the rug designs.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The best of the rug designs.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? 100%
The rug looks exactly as it does in the pictures and really brightens up the room. It's modern without being showy or over-the-top. I'm very happy with my purchase.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Spot-on
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great wool fibers
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very
We have had this rug for 18+ months now and it took a LONG while to stop shedding fibers. The manufactureer warns you of this in the info sheet shipped with the rug. We have this rug in our high traffic family room where it get lots of use from a toddler, teens and pets. It's held up beautifully and we hope it will for many years to come!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? green base is a little darker than shown
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? true to description
i have a problem with the shedding of this rug. the colors are as described but the shedding even overwhelms my vacuum. my floors are always covered with hair from the rug. it's annoying.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color is as described
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very poor
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? close
Me and my cat love this rug. It is a bright green, kind of hard to describe. The scrolls are actually dark green, but from a short distance, look black. I'm using it in my dining room with a black pedestal table. The only thing to be aware of is that if you are trying to match greens, this one is kind of different--not kelly green, not olive, not celery. It's really a rich, deep but bright green--a nice accent color.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Probably a bit brighter than pictured
- How is the quality of the product? Excellent--thick, soft
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Yes
This rug is gorgeous! We purchased it for our daughter's nursery and we LOVE it! It's so soft and thick and it makes a beautiful statement in the room. You can tell that it will last for a very long time. Definitely a great investment at a great price.
Color is true to the photo. It's very thick and very dense. Note: I ordered thick carpets from Qvc. fourteen years ago and they look like new. First, I vacuumed the carpets. Then I sprayed the carpets with two light coatings of water repellant spray. When something spills ... it couldn't be easier to clean. I have also used my carpet cleaner on our wool carpets once a year. My carpets still look new. Just don't saturate these carpets ... just give the top a light washing and spray with a water repellant spray. As far as wool coming out of carpets when vacuuming ... that does happen for a while. After a wool carpet is vacuumed a few times you won't find as much fiber in your vacuum. I hope this information is helpful.
This may be the best rug purchase I have ever made. Bought it in 2011. It looks expensive, feels expensive, but cleans up in a second and has worn well for years now. Two humans, two dogs, regular traffic and no signs of any of it. I see people talking of shedding. This has not been an issue for us at all.
The rug is more of a moss green rather than a lime green. It is still quite a pretty rug, but wasn't quite the brightness I had expected from the photo. The walls in our home office are a bright lime green, so that may be part of the reason this rug doesn't seem so "lime". I was worried about the rug shedding after reading some of the other reviews, but I haven't had a problem with it. It does shed a bit the first couple of times vacuuming and a little during normal use, but I didn't find it to be excessive.
This rug is being used in an entry room. It is a warm and comfortable rug to step onto. The color is just amazing. It is like having a lawn in the front room. This carpet is rich and never pills. It is such a joy to have this in a room where I welcome my guests.
I expecting a mossy/granny smith apple green. It is actually a Kelly Green and matches the green around the "Add to Cart" button next to the rug. The rug was so vivid it made my bright chair looked faded. This is a great quality rug. The scrolls in the photo look almost black but in real life they are a forest green. No one would mistake them for black. A beautiful vivid green rug.
It's attractive and soft when you open the package. Then you vacuum. The instructions say it's "normal" to fill up the vacuum bag. We did this AT LEAST SEVEN TIMES! We have enough green fibers to make our own Oscar the Grouch puppet, which is how I felt after spending $ on this. We did not open it in time to return it. After vacuuming the fibers, it doesn't look new anymore, either. Very very disappointed.