Ordered this as a replacement for a temporary faux-Berber rug I knew I would eventually upgrade once we moved in and got settled. I have grey walls with an ivory-bone couch. The "white" is certainly not off-white or anything close to it. It's truly an ivory (not beige; it's too light for beige) or what I would call "bone" since that is the accurate description of my couch and the light color in this rug matches nearly perfectly with my couch. The grey is a medium grey with a strong undertone of lilac and steel blue. I think it's a nice color and gives it a soft appearance, but against grey walls it does appear not as true grey. It's super plush and the pile is a nice height. The stripes do have slight divides (valleys) between them such that it's not smooth over the top of the rug, but it's a great textural effect. As for shedding, yes, it sheds and I vacuumed a good 15 minutes and really sucked up a LOT of material! I filled the Dyson 1.5 times. Speaking of the Dyson, on carpet mode its too rough on this rug and it started to rip the tufts a bit. So Ill use it only on bare floor mode such that the brushes are not engaged. Ive yet to use the Roomba on it which I expect will be a disaster and just an overall hot-mess of a job in cleaning this carpet. I dont think this rug sheds anymore than any other good quality rug. If you have a rug that does not shed at all then its not a real rug.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Had more of a steel blue and lilac undertones. Not true grey.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality seems really good. Soft enough and plush.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Not so accurate, but the reviews helped a lot
This is a fabulous rug if you are looking for a lavender Safari rug instead of a grey. Quality great, delivery great but color very lavender. I figure I can do something with it....
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? not really
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? slightly close
I received this rug as a housewarming present from my sister-in-law about 3 years ago (a little to late to write a review i know!). However, 3 years later this rug is still shedding. The picture matches the rug very well and I love the look of it. It's very modern and great for the price but the fact that it's still shedding quite a bit is quite annoying honestly! Makes for a lot of clean up. It's in the middle of our living room, so a very high traffic area, so thats not helping either. Overall I would not not recommend this rug just because it looks shabby because of all the continuos shedding.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Sheds
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? quite accurate
Thick and beautiful and very well priced. Some reviewers said there was a purple tone to the gray, there isn't. It's definitely gray, a blueish gray (steel?), depending on what's in the room, my room has blue and gray. The style works perfectly in my glam bedroom. It's wool, it is going to shed for a bit, but ALL wool rugs do. So anyone complaining about it just doesn't know the deal. I would recommend this rug in a heartbeat.
I am so pleased with this purchase. I had been looking for a new rug for our family room that was not too dark as our sofa and chairs are various shades of grays. Our sofa is the darkest gray with silver hammered nail heads and it is 110" long. So this was the main piece to coordinate with the right rug. This all wool rug is exactly what we wanted in both style and quality. It really is quite soft and the threads are very short yet still plush. I have not noticed any orange threads in ours as described in a previous review. The colors are moe a soft ivory and the gray is silvery gray with just a hint of blue gray. It makes the room with a very casual, but still sophisticated statement. Thanks Overstock for offering such a great item at an unbelievably low price. I was almost ordered a very similar rug for near $$$ I saved over $$$. :)
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Ivory and pewter
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good - could have described the shade of gray better
There are so many shades of gray. (No pun intended.) The other reviews referred to this one as being more on the lavender sideand I agreebut it worked perfectly for me. I see bluish/gray tones as well but your wall color is what will determine the shade being pulled the most. My walls lean more toward the lavender side. I don't think it would be a problem for anyone unless your walls were a greenish/gray. That might get a little "clashy." I couldn't be happier with it. It's plush and very expensive looking. I definitely recommend this product.
Great rug. Thick, plush, colors look like the website. Sheds very little like most wool rugs. A beautiful rug at a great price.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The Colors are just the best(MATCHING 100%)
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Fantastic Quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? It was good.
This is a well made rug, however it sheds a bit, i love the look, looks high end.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color same as you see on screen
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. looks expensive, sheds a bit
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
A great rug. I'm happy with the color and quality. It is wool so it's going to shed a lot at first but I'm fine with that because it's expected. I was surprised at the way the item was shipped- in a couple sheets of thick plastic. Unfortunately, my first rug arrived damaged during shipping but O.com was fast to refund my purchase. I ordered another in the 6'x6' size.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was very accurate. It's a nice light gray.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very nice quality. I'm going to use a rug pad but it's very soft even without.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate site description of product.
I have been searching for an animal print rug for our dining room for MONTHS. After giving up on a leopard pattern I wanted (and couldn't find in the size I needed), I saw this rug and could not be any happier with this purchase! It is definitely more of a blue-grey/beige pattern, which I love! It is extremely plush and very soft. I've only had it a few days and have noticed it shed a little, but nothing terrible. It really brightens up the room.
3 years later and it still sheds....although not as bad as it did at first. Still fills our vacuum canister after two passes of the rug. Otherwise it is a GREAT purchase. Cleans easily, looks new after vacuuming and is a great statement piece in our living room.
This rug is a great quality for the price and looks beautiful on my wood floor. It is definitely not purple as some have stated, but is on the purplish hue on the gray, so I can see it picking up the purple colors in a room. All in all a great rug!