If you're trying to get an accurate description of this rug, I believe I can provide it. For those of you who use computer graphics, bring an image of this rug into Photoshop, bring the brightness down about 70 points so that it is twice as dark, and reduce the contrast so that the rug looks like it has just about 3 or 4 shades of difference between the darkest and lightest color. In absolute terms, this rug is shades of grey that sometimes lean toward blue, toward sage, and toward tan - but the rug is essentially neutral, and the texture is the most obvious feature of this rug because it is so greyish and the contrast is so low. I can see where somebody might say that the rug looks a bit muddy, but the light areas rescue it from a muddy appearance and gives the rug a certain subtly, elegance, and deliberateness in its design. The rug is not in your face at all, and it won't show much dirt, and it looks modern without looking corny. I was afraid of the reviews, but if you want a rug that isn't going to steal the show, won't look like it has distracting wavy stripes, and is not going to go into a light and airy decor, then this is the rug for you. I have tan and sage furniture and it looks great with it. My walls are Benjamin Moore pale avocado, and it gives a nice contrast to it, and doesn't clash at all. This rug would look great with a lot of different colors, including pumpkin, golds, tans, greens, marine blues, aqua, teal, white, greys, putty colors, violets, and even pinks - almost any other color scheme. The reason why it goes with almost everything is because there are a few areas of warm, tannish greys, which make warm colors look at home, and it also has the cooler greyish blues and slightly warmer greenish greys that will make the cooler colors fit in well, also. I can't describe this rug any better than this, except I can say that it doesn't have teal, as some people have suggested, and I can't say enough how neutral the blues, greens and tannish grey colors are. You're basically getting a textured rug. There is some contrast, some color, but very minimal. I hope this helps. I do love this rug, but even after reading the other descriptions I was still surprised at how it looked. I think this description will prepare you well. Good luck, and I hope I was of some help, because I deliberated a lot and read all of the reviews for all sizes of this rug before I decided upon it, but still unsure about what I was going to see when I unrolled it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? actual rug much darker, a bit more neutral, and it has much less contrast
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? described well, just not pictured well
I expected a bright colored rug with dominant cool colors (and grey being the focus/primary color), this rug however had green as the dominant color and all accent colors very dark and warm, including the beige which was more of a honey/mustard color -- bottom line the grey paled against the other colors and the overall look of the carpet was not what was on the display. I therefore returned the rug immediately after initial inspection. Having said that, I was very impressed with the customer service, they were very professional and attended to my return quickly and made the entire return process painless!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The dominant color is green, not grey, all other colors were also off -- this is a "warm" color not a 'cool' color rug!!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality was fine
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description was inaccurane, starting with the title of the rug, "Grey Wool Rug" -- s/b "Green Wool Rug"
If you are expecting the rug to look like the picture, I would not recommend you purchasing the rug. After unrolling the rug I was very dissatisfied with color scheme, as I was expecting more of a greyish blue in color. It was more on the dull green side!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It did not look like the picture at all. The colors look nothing like they do in the picture, the rug is more green than gray and is very dull looking.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It is a thick, well made rug.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Not very accurate with the colors at all.
This is a really nice rug, but the color is completely different from the photo. I really think that each rug that is sold is getting different sections of the pattern, and/or each batch made is different in color. I read a lot of reviews before purchasing this rug, and many people commented that the color is darker and different, and that was the same in my case. Much darker than the photo, and much more green and brown. Very little gray/silver/blue. Here is a photo of one end of my new rug as we were unrolling it: https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/580793_10102614259005859_628010516_n.jpg As you can see, my rug is mostly greens an browns. Other than the color though, it is a beautiful, high-quality rug. Very plush and thick. Even though I'm not thrilled about the colors of my rug, I still like it enough to keep it (and it would be such a hassle to return as it weighs 97 pounds, according to our FedEx details).
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Completely different - my rug is green and brown (no gray/silver/blue)
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Nice, high quality rug
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Inaccurate on color description
This rug is very good quality, however it is much darker than the picture and does not do anything to my grey leather furniture. I thought it had more color and I will be sending back. If you are looking for a quality rug in dark shades of grey, this is the rug for you. But I can't use it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Darker than the picture
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Pretty much but very dark
I can understand what other reviews say about shedding, but if you read the manufacturers notes in the package this is completely normal. It never gets to the point were your rug doesn't look good as long as you vacuum every week and a half or so. Mine has began to stop shedding after about 3 weeks. I adore this rug. The quality is wonderful. It looks terrific. Naturally the color looks darker at night than the daytime, so with direct light it looks a bit brighter than the website and with no light darker. I have a beachy feel in my living room and my daughter says it looks like the ocean. The "waves" are woven in higher piles, so it really is pleasing to walk on. Could not be happier. I am considering buying a second one for in front of my fireplace.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? True to site
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent, great feel to walk on.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Excellent
We purchased this rug for our living room and we love this rug. We have seen reviews about how it is too dark and that sheds too much making ownership bothersome. Our experience has been amazing, We are a gay couples in Michigan who recently restored from the ground up a three story Victorian built in 1880. That being said, I decided to think out of the box and make this rug work our living room. I simply painted a wall in the living room with ******* - *********************** on the East and West facing walls. I used ****** - *********** on the North and South facing walls. So basically a neutral colour and a light teal that is kind of greyish. These colours worked beautifully to lighten the rug and they very much compliment one another. I wish that customers could post photos to see how beautifully this worked out for our home in the end. Even if you do not wish to paint ensure sun or natural light into the room that will lighten the shades of the rug. It is crafted beautifully and we receive many compliments on the design of the room, this rug and the top down blinds we used from Overstock to create an amazing room. Invest in a carpet brush and hoover the rug once a week at it highest setting to enjoy this rug. If one does not wish to care for a handmade wool rug that is 9x12 in the correct way simply buy something synthetic or cheap. I enjoy the compliments of other ladies that come into my home with that slight sound of jealousy in their voice and it makes me all warm and fuzzy. http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Top-Down-Bottom-Up-Ivory-Cellular-Shade/4582172/product.html?refccid=SDRM25KY5POILTCAAIJHMRXNYU&searchidx=5 S- Michigan
Absolutely love it. Was going to by from a rug website and found the exact rug on Overstock and it was bigger and cheaper!!!! Amy very pleased. I will never shop again without checking with Overstock first.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very
I'm so happy with the look of this rug in my living room. It's so plush and the perfect addition to our room. We have brown leather furniture and pale gray walls and it also fits perfectly with our pewter curtains. I see mostly shades of gray and browns, exactly as shown in the photo. It does require daily vacuuming due to high shedding. Highly recommend this rug.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly as pictured
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? I don't see the green; just the gray and slight brown
I saw this rug online on two high-end websites for $800 and this is the exact same rug, but for a much lower price! It is great quality and the colors are vibrant. It looks great with a variety of colors, though. I can't say enough about this rug- everyone who has seen it has loved it! I would absolutely recommend this rug to everyone.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? so lovely
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. so lovely
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? 100%
When it arrived, this rug was -not- the color we thought it was based upon the photo. We were after a soft mint / light blue rug, and what we got (particularly at the two ends of the rug) were an olive green color and more browns / taupe. I had thought the reviews commenting on the inaccurate color were, perhaps, overstated -- so we bought the rug anyway as we adored the colors and the design. We were really sorry to be wrong and find the gap between the image and the actual rug was massive. The upside = Customer Service at Overstock was very helpful and kind. When I called, they accepted a return of the rug and gave us a one-time waiver of the shipping/collection fee. I was happy enough with the service, that we've ordered a different mint-colored rug from Overstock. They turned lemons into lemonade. I still just wish that the rug color had been as pictured, as the textures and shapes really are quite cool. (NB: We didn't notice any of the shedding problems others describe as we didn't keep it unrolled long enough to use.)
All of the reviews talked about the colors and they were right. I must have put this in my cart a dozen times and changed my mind. Finally I decided to buy it and it was on backorder. When I got the email saying it was back in stock, I jumped at it. It is absolutely beautiful and takes the room to a whole new level. This purchase like many of the others have been right out of the park.
I spent some time looking for a rug around town and didn't come across anything that fit the criteria of the right material (wool), the right colours and the right size for a price that I wanted to pay. I found just the rug on overstock and although a little leery to buy such an item without actually feeling it and seeing it up close I ordered it Cyber Monday. It was shipped Fed ex for tree and arrived in 3 days. The colours are just as I expected how ever, it does appear much lighter in tone on the web site, and I absolutely love it.