Purchased two years ago when storm hit NJ area hard. this time hurricane Irene we are ready for it. Box shows 4 gal of gas for 8 hours with 1/2 load usage. with two outlet me and my next door neighbor share one outlet each. I hooked up my Sump pump, light fixture and Kitchen refrigerator plus Rugvac on basement. my neightbor use shop bag and some others... fill up gas at 4pm... supposed run out by midnight... surprise.. use only 1/2 of 4 gal. has fuel gauages too. "hybride version of this generator share by two household..." do I have to say more?
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. 5 by 5
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
I've only used the generator a couple of times to charge up batteries for hand tools at a job site with no power. It starts easily every time I crank it and I start it up at least once a month to make sure it runs. Also, instead of turning the generator off with the on-off switch I turn the fuel lever off and let the gas burn completely out of the fuel line/system so there is no gas left in it to gunk up. I really haven't used it for anything long term or heavy duty yet but I plan to install an adapter onto the house electrical panel so I can run a few lights, the frig and the TV when the power goes out.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? OK
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. All is well so far
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? just fine