The pressure cooker I was sent by The O was used. One of the stickers was half removed. The cooker I received is defective. Steam leaks out between the lid & pot. The bobble does not work! Now I must spend shipping costs to return it when it should have never went out the second time. I suggest going straight to the foundry for purchase out of Wisconsin. Same price just higher shipping cost but they will ship a new one, not used,
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Excellent
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Unfortunately, I was sent a defective one that was used before me.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Excellent
After reading everywhere online how the All-American canners were the top of the line highest quality canners you could buy I opted for the model 915. It arrived packaged well and at first seemed fine. Today however I looked at it more closely and I was shocked to see the quality of the workmanship was NOT what I expected. It is a heavy duty pc. of equipment for sure but the fit and finish leaves a lot to be desired. on mine the outside top edge of the pot portion was very rough, but the biggest thing was on of the handles, solid cast aluminum has a notch carved out of the corner with very sharp edges, it is supposed to be where the handles round at the corner but is cut out. I am returning it to the foundry for a new one but it makes me wonder if O.co is selling seconds. Now I have to send it in and then wait for a replacement from the company before I can can anything.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? n/a
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Not as expected
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? reasonably good
Love the 915 Pressure Canner/cooker! Very nice piece of kitchen equipment. I am already using it to can vegetables from my garden. Works very well, and the quality is worth the price! Yes, it takes a few times to get used to clamping down the top, but it's worth the extra effort for the safety it gives. I opted for the smaller 915 version vs. the 921 as I do have a glass cooktop. I know the warnings state not to use it for such, but my cooktop is newer and has an extra large burner close to the corner, so it's well supported. My old hot water bath canner is much larger and never scorched or damaged my cooktop...so I thought I would give it a try...This is not a recommendation, as always---Safety First! Just wanted you to know, it worked for me! I'm so Happy! Nice job Overstock on packing it in the shipping box to protect it from damage! THANKS!
I LOVE this All American 915 15.5-quart Pressure Canner/Cooker. My boyfriend and I have been looking around for one and found this one on the O and WOW what a great product. I LOVE that there is no gasket and it works very, very, well. It has saved me a lot of time with all the canning that I do. I might even get one more. I think everyone who gets this and cans as much as I do will LOVE this product. It is well worth the price.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Like the steel color. Look just like the picture.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent!!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Great!!
Excellent product have used it constantly. I have processed two dozen quarts and 1/2 dozen pints thought this I have also used it to make soup, pickles, and roasted red peppers. Last year we lost food due to power outages during the storms and I was determined to find a better way and that led me to pressure canning. It allows me to make large quantities of meal we enjoy and preserve them for when we don't have time to cook a big plus being that it will last around a year untouched. This model 915 is perfect for a house hold with 2 or 3 people. This product is so well built it will probably outlast me and I am in my mid 20s It is truly the best canner on the market...
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Identical polished aluminum
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Indestructible / bomb proof. The best pressure canner on the market
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Exact
I ordered this pressure canner with my christmas money and this is the best present of the year!! So far I have canned 9 quarts of homemade spagetti sauce, 5 quarts of Chicken tortilla soup, and 4 quarts of chili. I feel much safer with the lockdown method of this unit over the one I had borrowed from my mother-in-law previously. The heavy grade aluminum allows even heat distribution(even on glass cooktops while not recommended). I wish now that I had ordered two units so I could have another canning while waiting on the first to cool. It does take several hours for this unit to cool down. But I would definately order again. Thanks Overstock for such a great product!!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly as described
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very Accurate
For a long time that I have been longing to find a reliable pressure cooker/canner I honestly say that this All American pressure cooker/canner is the best you can find in the market.It was built with pride and quality by Wisconsin Aluminum Foundry in the '30s if I'm not mistaken.One more thing about this product is pretty much maintenance-free since it doesn't use gasket at all! a lot of pressure cooker out there are useless after a long time of using coz' their gaskets are hard to find sometimes..I am recommending this product to anyone who is looking for a good quality product that will last a lifetime...
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color of the is product is much shinier in actual than in the picture
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Nothing can beat the quality of this pressure cooker/canner.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? This product is 100% accurate to its description.
I used this the day I got it, worked perfectly I loved the fact it was metal to metal seal, no need to fuss with a gasket!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I love the metal to metal seal
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? right on
This pressure cooker it one of the best I have ever used. Had some sharp edges on handles I called the customer service and checked if using emory cloth would damage the cooker (I didn't want to ship it back for them to correct) they said, it would be alright as long as the ridge was not touched. Took the sharp edges off with a few light strokes of the emory cloth; problem resolved. It would be nice if the manufacture made and included some sort of cover for the handles. Cooker maintained pressure through out the canning. Also, I like not having to be messing with with rubber gaskets.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The best
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
I love this pressure canner. I have been canning foods for many years and have used several varieties of pressure canners. This one is excellent! No more leaky seals!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Exceptional
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Great
First time to order from overstock.com and I was very pleased. I ordered the canner to can all of our vegetables from our garden and the directions were very easy to follow. I have canned 20 quarts and 15 pints of various vegetables. The pressure dial is easy to read and the pressure nob is easy to use. Great canner !!!!!
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? yes
- How is the quality of the product? quality of the product was excellant
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? yes
This canner is expensive, but boy is it worth it. Canning used to mean pulling up a chair in front of the stove, watching the gauges and adjusting the flame constantly. Not with this! I can actually do other things while my canner is doing its job.
I found this product, then found it on *** the same day who could ship it faster. I contacted customer service to cancel the order and my request to cancel was refused because even though the product will not be shipped for another 6 days, they are unable to communicate with the warehouses unless it is to place an order. How ridiculous is that? Customer service refused to go the "extra mile" and contact the warehouse. They also refused to escalate the issue. Based on such horrible and feeble customer service that feigns empathy while being blatantly apathetic I would work with **** instead and for any future orders. I will not even try to purchase from Overstock again.
I LOOOOVVVVE this product! I actually have three different All-American Pressure canners of various sizes. What is there NOT to love? NOTHING....they are made in America, worth their higher price as this is something which will outlast, out work and even out live whomever purchases one! They are extremely well made, well packaged and include a very easy to follow and understand guide book. I use this quite often, sometimes doing five or six batches in one day (once doing twelve batches in one weekend). It stands up to the rigorous workouts I put it through. There are many, many sites on line with an incredible amount of recipes, tips and suggestions for canning that it has become quite a hobby at our place. I've used mine heavily for over a year and it still looks nearly as good as it did the day I bought it! That is why, especially at the LOW price offered here, I didn't hesitate to buy one to bless a friend! This is a good size for beginners, or those with a smaller stove top and/or clearance. OH YEAH - let me mention that you ought to check your clearance before purchasing ANY canner. I had purchased the All-American XXX which no longer works in our new home due to an overhead microwave. Thus I purchased this size. Actually, THIS purchase was a blessing for a friend and she has the same excitement about this wonderful product. Within only two days of getting it she was canning and has a lot more canning planned and, like me, can't think of her kitchen or homestead without one! I HIGHLY recommend this product! NOTE: ALL replacement parts are quite readily available and reasonably priced. I chose to purchase extra parts, just in case, but as of yet haven't had to replace anything! Buy with confidence and preserve to your hearts content!! Additionally I know a family who is using their grandmothers and have success and no worries about the condition of the canner after nearly twenty years of use!
Can lots of products yearly-this year corn, beets, spaghetti sauce, tomato soup, chili, meatballs, chicken breasts, soups, and broths. to name a few to day -today my wife Cheryl is canning pickled jalapenos- she has the all American 930 14 quart also and loves them both- the 915 is lighter and easy for her to handle-930 good for bigger batches but not as easy for her to work with.