I hesitated ordering a 140# table. I wasn't looking forward to having to deal with it, if I didn't like it. The grain of the wood is even more beautiful than I had hoped for. I couldn't take my eyes off of it for a long time after I got it. I use it as a desk (like partners' desk) with a chair at either end. I am totally happy with it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Great- a full range of tones
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It has metal clips on the underside & those threw me a little at first, but they are there to reinforce the joined pieces of wood- good idea.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very.
It took my husband all of 7 minutes to attach the 4 legs to the table top. The 2 of us could hardly lift it to carry it in the house it was so heavy! Once it was assembled, we unfortunately noticed that there are approximately 60 small very visible white imperfections randomly dispersed all over the table top --- scratches/chips or flecks of dust in the varnish. It is difficult to tell what it is, I have never seen anything quite like this before and it is damaged. While I certainly I do not expect anything to come in PERFECT condition, this seems like poor quality control or a manufacturing issue. I am very disappointed. Because these imperfections are so noticable, and it is unclear whether they will actually affect the integrity and durability of the surface of the table top over the years I hope to keep this table, I will be contacting Overstock to see what my options are for replacing. We had also purchased 4 Alicia Chairs which look wonderful with the table. 2 of the chairs were damaged during delivery, and it was a breeze to deal with Overstock Customer Service get them replaced. Interestingly, none of the chairs have the white imperfections. We also ordered the Alicia Buffet and have yet to unwrap it, and I am now worried about what it will look like...
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color is very accurate (based on the small photo shown on website)
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. VERY HEAVY and sturdy table. Beautiful wood tones with a somewhat rustic feel.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Quite accurate. Had to do other searches on the internet to get a better visual reference of what 60" table looked like.